• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,644
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/8/2020 at 9:36 PM, Josheb said:

Do you think an eschatology that prompts nightmares in the members of Christ's body comes from God?
Do you think an eschatology that breeds fear among the ekklesia comes from God?

Hey,

I know this isn't directed to me but I thought I'd throw my hat in. Hope you don't mind.

Generally I would answer no. However, a calculated and purposed shock causing fear at an appropriate time and limited to specific conditions can be an effective motivator; Nineveh, for example. 

Living in fear is not of God. A spike of fear in time/space as a lesson can induce respect through behavioral change. 

" 28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Healthy fear.

But as I'm sure you are trying point out, a doctrine of fear is more demagoguery than the Way the Truth and the Life. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

17 minutes ago, Diaste said:

But as I'm sure you are trying point out, a doctrine of fear is more demagoguery than the Way the Truth and the Life. 

https://www.georgewhitten.com/dr-sucharit-bhakdi-covid-vaccine-is-downright-dangerous-and-will-send-you-to-your-doom

Alarming. From Worthy news.

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

Hope he has taken security precautions. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

There is an incredible video on youtube with Dr Carrie Madej and Laura Lynn from DEc 5, 2020.

Dr Carrie discusses what the proposed technologies are for the Covid19 vaccines.

This really is a MUST listen to video............. 50 minutes long.

The fear I have is for those who don't know what's going on.

Jesus said ......."As in the days of Noah..."..............in those days they were messing with blood-lines, hybrids, trans humanism, etc. Much the same is about to transpire today with this vaccine. ( yes, they've already been experimenting behind closed doors in labs with cloning, chimeras, etc)

Please check this video out. Pass it along to everyone. 

go to youtube....then put in the search bar- Dr Carrie Madej with Laura Lynn. The video should pop up....it's 53.08 minutes long.

I tried to put the link on here but the full video comes up. I'm not sure how to do it otherwise.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

36 minutes ago, JoeCanada said:

I tried to put the link on here but the full video comes up. I'm not sure how to do it otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzXAfVIYZGY

There ya go.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

45 minutes ago, JoeCanada said:

When you paste the link, it changes automatically into a video, but underneath the video you can read this: "Your link has been automatically embedded. Display as link instead." If you click the underlined sentence, the video will turn back to a link. :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,127
  • Content Per Day:  9.65
  • Days Won:  149

6 minutes ago, Josheb said:

He's not much of a conversationalist. lol. 

I was doing a little number crunching on COIVD-19 last night, comparing states to one another. Virginia and Maryland (both of which have about 280k cases) have a smaller number of cases in comparison to California and Texas (both of which have around 1.5 million cases) but all four states have about the same mortality rate (about 1.5% percent). New York, on the other hand, has half the cases of CA or TX but three times the mortality rate! Believe it or not, but Hawaii is relatively COVID-19 free (only 18k cases toal) but the mortality rate is 4.5 times higher than CA, MD, TX, and VA.

Would you like to know the single greatest bestest thing you can do to keep from catching COVID-19?

Stay out of new York! ;) 

Move to Florida (where the mortality rate is .004695263) :cool:

You can avoid the mark by moving to Florida. hoodathot I guess Jesus was wrong and its not the caves to which we need to run, but the beach!

Ironically older people were supposed to be more susceptible to the virus. Florida has one of the largest elderly retired populations.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.47
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I don't trust any of the numbers being reported...zip, nada, nuthin'.

• Thumbs Up 2

49 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Context. Context is important here. The poster in question is a believer, not a non-believer. The Ninevehans (?) were not believers. They had reason to fear. They would have been destroyed. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom but perfect love casts out fear. 

The ones who should be having nightmares is the non-believer who will not be saved. They will be vainly calling mountains down upon themselves in a fruitless effort to avoid the wrath of God. Suicide over judgment. 

Our response should be compassion, maybe mixed with a  little righteous indignation but that's hard to do in humility ;). We definitely do not behave like non-believing Ninevehans and we definitely don't behave like Jonah and run away. We behave like believing Ninevehans and rejoice. 

An eschatology that doesn't understand that, one that causes nightmare among the regenerate is a questionable eschatology because we measure all things through the word and the Spirit by their fruit. 

Depending on the moment, cause and purpose.

I don't ascribe to a perfect believer, there are none. Literal fear of the Lord works well for me. The big problem with the corporate body is not nearly enough fear of the Lord.

Maybe the condition to which you refer fearfulness as a lifestyle. That's wrong.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,127
  • Content Per Day:  9.65
  • Days Won:  149

1 minute ago, Josheb said:

How about that? If we extract the incidence and mortality rates for the elderly and immuno-compromised the stats plummet for the general public. All the more odd given the FL population. Must be all that sunshine (vitamin D) ;) 

I'll admit I mostly don't believe any of it. There are too many inconsistencies. How about you?