• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,876
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, clancy said:

I have read your post very carefully..please post the scripture that I asked for...thank you.

Romans 8:15 

Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.'"

**What that scripture says.

Do you want me to say something first?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.61
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, clancy said:

Nothing harsh in my post...just pointing out the “I”......

Sorry if I upset you sister, it was not my intention...

Its not for me to say/ judge who is a Christian....only God knows that.

Thank you, and sorry, women, maybe just an over reaction on my part.  

16 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Why harshly judge what was posted as harsh judgment? 

I didn't read it that way. Might be a mirror problem or confirmation bias. Reread his post as if it was the apostle John writing it and not the prophet Jeremiah. See if that helps.

I think my post right before yours will clear it all up for you.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  409
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/25/1961

1 hour ago, leah777 said:

no, I want to hear from you the answer to my question before sharing. You have appeared to state that only those who exercise the Gifts listed in your previous post are true Christians. Is that what you believe?

No, that's not what I believe.
And what I state or what I "appear to state", is what you think about it.

If you believe in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ and have accepted Him as your God, you are a Christian and have been given power to call yourself a child of God. (Jh.1:12)

But I can not confirm whether you have received the gift of the Holy Ghost.
If not, then you can't develop the charismata of the Holy Spirit in your life!

However, if you believe that you are justified because the Lord Jesus has paid for your sin-debt with His life, and on the basis of this faith you've been immersed in a water bath, then you may also pray to the Lord Jesus for the Holy Ghost and He will be given to you. (Lk.11:13)
If you have the Holy Ghost, then you will also want to and be able to speak in new tongues, as the Lord Jesus tells us in Mark.

Mar 16:17 KJV  'And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues'

Then you will also want to lay hands on the sick for healing, as the Lord Jesus showed us.

Joh 14:12 KJV  'Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also'

God bless.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  409
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Birthday:  07/25/1961

1 hour ago, leah777 said:

I apologise @Frits for the digressions. I will not digress from your thread again.

No need to apologise sis I fully understand, it's a good and reasonable question.

11 minutes ago, Frits said:

No, that's not what I believe.
And what I state or what I "appear to state", is what you think about it.

If you believe in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ and have accepted Him as your God, you are a Christian and have been given power to call yourself a child of God. (Jh.1:12)

But I can not confirm whether you have received the gift of the Holy Ghost.
If not, then you can't develop the charismata of the Holy Spirit in your life!

However, if you believe that you are justified because the Lord Jesus has paid for your sin-debt with His life, and on the basis of this faith you've been immersed in a water bath, then you may also pray to the Lord Jesus for the Holy Ghost and He will be given to you. (Lk.11:13)
If you have the Holy Ghost, then you will also want to and be able to speak in new tongues, as the Lord Jesus tells us in Mark.

Mar 16:17 KJV  'And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues'

Then you will also want to lay hands on the sick for healing, as the Lord Jesus showed us.

Joh 14:12 KJV  'Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also'

God bless.

Do you believe that the 'tongue' spoken of is of other 'languages' or 'nations'  or do you think it is the cloven tongue like on the day of Pentecost being referred to in Mark?

2 hours ago, clancy said:

Not everyone who has been born again...comes to the Lord as you have spoken of here.

The Holy Spirit remains in us as long as we believe?

Scripture for that please?...

How can we not believe, if we have received the Holy Spirit?

The Holy Spirit lives in us, he will never leave us.” Never”.

This is your response to my post below 

2 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

There is something in your post that made thank God and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

The only thing God is asking from everyone in the world is to believe that Jesus Christ died for the forgiveness of their sins. Yes Jesus Christ died for the sins of the whole world, for everyone who had die at the time of the Cross and everyone there after. 

But for everyone to have his sins under the blood of Jesus Christ he must believe that he died for him/her. This is it, at that time he/she are IN JESUS CHRIST. 

At that moment   by DEFAULT they rereceive the Spirit of Adaptation. In other words God puts the Spirit of Adaption in our heart which remains in us as long as we believe. 

We are born from above, the Spirit of Jesus Christ in us give us the witness and together with our Spirit cries ABBA FATHER...

does not mean we are conscious about that all the time, but our inner man is. 

And we have other spiritual gifts put in our heart at that time. 

We have the Holy Spirit working in our life and from within our heart.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit it is as it says it is, and we grow in the Holy Spirit as we go along in our walk of this life.  

The baptism of the Holy Spirit it is for the born again, to equip the believer for special things in this life, for special missions in this life.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit is for the believers in Jesus Christ those who want and asked for it. 

Have I address your concerns? 

2 hours ago, clancy said:

1. Not everyone who has been born again...comes to the Lord as you have spoken of here.

2. The Holy Spirit remains in us as long as we believe?

3. Scripture for that please?...

4. How can we not believe, if we have received the Holy Spirit?

5. YThe Holy Spirit lives in us, he will never leave us.” Never”.

Paragraph 1.

If you make a statement saying that I am wrong about something, you have a duty to 

first identify the specific statement in question, and secondly you do not give the reasons of your judgment that something said was not correct? 

Say what you think is correct, you are a member of the round table, and not a judge. 

Paragraph 2. These are not my exact words. As I have spoken about the Spirit of Adaptation in Jesus Christ.

Everyone with the Spirit of Adaption is born from above. 

Romans 8:15

Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.'"

Paragraph 3

I am not sure what scripture you are asking because you misquote my words but I give a scripture to the issue I post.

Paragraph 4

I never said that;

Read carefully my post and you will understand that I said that the Holy Spirit is for the born from above, in other words for any one who believes Jesus Christ died for the forgiveness for his sins.

Paragraph 5.

That's is truth.

As long as we continue to believe. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

As you are happy to continue this line of discussion:

I happen to believe that the Holy Spirit comes when we believe and are saved automatically. We are given one or more of the Gifts, not all of them.

Many Christians do not heal, or speak in tongues, or raise the dead, or prophecy. They have other gifts from the Holy Spirit.

Mark 16:15-18
New King James Version

15 (A)And He said to them, “Go into all the world (B)and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 (C)He who believes and is baptized will be saved; (D)but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these (E)signs will follow those who [a]believe: (F)In My name they will cast out demons; (G)they will speak with new tongues; 18 (H)they[b] will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; (I)they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

special instructions and gifts for a specific time. 

anyway, I have said all I want to share now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, leah777 said:

As you are happy to continue this line of discussion:

1. I happen to believe that the Holy Spirit comes when we believe and are saved automatically. We are given one or more of the Gifts, not all of them.

2. Many Christians do not heal, or speak in tongues, or raise the dead, or prophecy. They have other gifts from the Holy Spirit.

Mark 16:15-18
New King James Version

15 (A)And He said to them, “Go into all the world (B)and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 (C)He who believes and is baptized will be saved; (D)but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these (E)signs will follow those who [a]believe: (F)In My name they will cast out demons; (G)they will speak with new tongues; 18 (H)they[b] will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; (I)they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

special instructions and gifts for a specific time. 

anyway, I have said all I want to share now. 

Paragraph 1 and 2, I am in total agreement 

This is truth in all the  essence. 

Jesus Christ response to our individual needs.

No one can tell him what to do.

Sometimes people are healed when they first believe and they never asked. 

A gift of healing. 

And unbelievers who seek Jesus Christ as a healer are healed, hope you are not ignorant of that. There many examples in the bible and in our present times. 

And thank you for the scriptures I am familiar with and I have never spoken against them. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  10,279
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

5 hours ago, leah777 said:

People who do none of the things you list here also received the Holy Spirit and are Born Again. Do you agree?

I am not sure I understand, so ask for clarification.

Well said. This is trustworthy and something I've touched upon before here on the forum and in daily life. The Lord tells us that none may come to Him unless the Father draws them and also, none may come to our Father apart from Him.

All who belong to Jesus Christ (Yeshua the Anointed One) were chosen by Him before the foundation of the world (again, a reference to the heavenly and earthly). It pleases our Father to give all things to His Son. 

The Lord doesn't do this or that for the sake of those whom He blesses so they will feel special and become puffed up with pride. Quite the opposite... we are brought low in weakness and suffering on this earth so we are fellow prisoners in these bonds. We share this affliction in common: the body of flesh which is perishing. 

It is good for me that I was afflicted,
So that I may learn Your statutes.
The Law of Your mouth is better to me
Than thousands of gold and silver pieces.

(Psalm 119:71-72 NASB) 

This is veering off topic so I'll touch upon the truth fleetingly and say no more: we each have been ordained to walk in those works which the Lord Himself purposed for us from the foundation of the world. I suppose a topic might be devoted to this matter for those who are interested. 

• Thumbs Up 1