• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  409
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/25/1961

37 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Do you believe that the 'tongue' spoken of is of other 'languages' or 'nations'  or do you think it is the cloven tongue like on the day of Pentecost being referred to in Mark?

Hi Ann,
Nice to hear from you!

In any case not a cloven tongue, that does not have a good association in the Bible!
And the tongues (languages) spoken by the apostles on the day of Pentecost, were inspired by God.
In addition, some of those languages were easily understood by the many foreigners.

But the glossolalia is also heard by the angels in heaven, whereby God's Word commands the angels through our mouths and in a language incomprehensible to us!

For a reason the Lord Jesus mentions casting out devils and speaking in tongues in the same verse. (Mr.16:17)

God bless.

Guest clancy
3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

There is something in your post that made thank God and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

The only thing God is asking from everyone in the world is to believe that Jesus Christ died for the forgiveness of their sins. Yes Jesus Christ died for the sins of the whole world, for everyone who had die at the time of the Cross and everyone there after. 

But for everyone to have his sins under the blood of Jesus Christ he must believe that he died for him/her. This is it, at that time he/she are IN JESUS CHRIST. 

At that moment   by DEFAULT they rereceive the Spirit of Adaptation. In other words God puts the Spirit of Adaption in our heart which remains in us as long as we believe. 

We are born from above, the Spirit of Jesus Christ in us give us the witness and together with our Spirit cries ABBA FATHER...

does not mean we are conscious about that all the time, but our inner man is. 

And we have other spiritual gifts put in our heart at that time. 

We have the Holy Spirit working in our life and from within our heart.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit it is as it says it is, and we grow in the Holy Spirit as we go along in our walk of this life.  

The baptism of the Holy Spirit it is for the born again, to equip the believer for special things in this life, for special missions in this life.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit is for the believers in Jesus Christ those who want and asked for it. 

Have I address your concerns? 

Did you or did you not type.

In other words God puts the spirit of Adaptation in our heart, which “ remains in us as long as we believe “?

i asked you for scripture please?

This is the 3rd time I have asked and it will be my last.

Edited by clancy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,291
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

13 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Sometimes people are healed when they first believe and they never asked. 

A gift of healing. 

And unbelievers who seek Jesus Christ as a healer are healed, hope you are not ignorant of that. There many examples in the bible and in our present times. 

And thank you for the scriptures I am familiar with and I have never spoken against them.

This is also true. I wonder if others see it: each of us knows in part and this is pleasing to the Lord. Why? The many-membered Body of Christ. Living stones fitting together perfectly. We are the temple made without man's hands.  

I was not called to be a teacher by the Lord but rather, to be His witness and a servant of the brethren and my neighbor. I serve my brothers, sisters, mothers, and strangers equally withholding nothing good from anyone. This pleases Christ who has given to me in such a measure, withholding nothing good when the appointed time under heaven arrived. I serve Him by serving you. 

I did not ask Him for healing nor have I ever asked such a thing of the Lord. And yet this is what the Almighty purposed to do, coming to me when I was close to death and lifting me in His hand. I also did not ask the Lord to teach me things which men could not, namely, about this flesh which was mysterious on account of my affliction. I wasn't a failure like I imagined myself to be; I'm like all of you, struggling with this flesh! Somewhat different between the ears but that is all. 

This knowledge was the greatest of blessings, a gift from our Father above. I did not ask for this. The Lord has revealed matters which, according to His will and purpose, come easily for me and so I understand this truth: 

Blessed are those who have not seen and believe. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member

1 hour ago, leah777 said:

I happen to believe that the Holy Spirit comes when we believe and are saved automatically. We are given one or more of the Gifts, not all of them.

Many Christians do not heal, or speak in tongues, or raise the dead, or prophecy. They have other gifts from the Holy Spirit.

Ok Leah, I know what you mean.  My experience in the many conversations I have had with Christians is that at times people are very vague.
If you ask, do you believe?
The answer often is "yes", but one does not say (or know) what one believes.

Very often people think of the belief in the parental home in which one grew up as a child.
Mother and father arranged everything, including for me when I was a baby, so now I automatically have the Holy Ghost too.  Everything seems to be automatic, but meanwhile there is no testimony of immersion in water, nor is there any testimony of the gift of the Holy Ghost, especially speaking in tongues!

I would also like to point out that the Lord Jesus is talking about praying to God for the Holy Spirit. (Lk.11:13)

He also left us His personal example:

1. He made a long journey from His hometown to be immersed in the River Jordan  by John the Baptist.

2. When He came up from the water after the immersion, the Lord Jesus prayed for the Holy Ghost.

Luk 3:21 KJV Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened

This is not an automatic or unnoticed fact, but a conscious choice and a conscious prayer for the Holy Ghost.

You do not have to answer sister, you will know for yourself whether you have been immersed in water as an adult and whether you have prayed for the Holy Ghost.  And you also know whether you speak in tongues or if you don't. (1Cor.14:39)

God bless.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,291
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

For @DeighAnn and others who are interested --- not assuming that my brothers and sisters don't know --- here are passages of scripture which are relevant to what I have seen from the Lord. 

"Heaven is My throne and the earth is the footstool for My feet.
Where then is a house you could build for Me?
And where is a place that I may rest?
For My hand made all these things,
So all these things came into being,” declares the LORD.
“But I will look to this one,
At one who is humble and contrite in spirit, and who trembles at My word."

(Isaiah 66:1-2 NASB)

And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by people, but is choice and precious in the sight of God, you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices that are acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 2:4-6 NASB)

A longer passage by necessity.

So Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I see that you are very religious in all respects. For while I was passing through and examining the objects of your worship, I also found an altar with this inscription, ‘TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.’ Therefore, what you worship in ignorance, this I proclaim to you. The God who made the world and everything that is in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made by hands; nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things; and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, that they would seek God, if perhaps they might feel around for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His descendants.’" (Acts 17:22-28 NASB)

Any time is the perfect time to share God's words and praise His holy name. I jump for joy and if I could access the roof of this place where I live, I would position myself up there and shout these things for all to hear! :) 

Edited by Marathoner
typos
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

My Point, @Frits

Do you believe that speaking in tongues, prophecy, healing is proof of Holy Spirit baptism? Do you believe that not speaking in tongues, prophecy, healing mean someone is not Holy Spirit baptised?

Is not a trick question, or a difficult one. You keep missing my point in your answers.

Your scriptures quoted are before Pentecost, before Christ died. Not for Christians baptised after Pentecost.

Edited by leah777

• Group:  Advanced Member

My Point, @Frits

Do you believe that speaking in tongues, prophecy, healing is proof of Holy Spirit baptism? Do you believe that not speaking in tongues, prophecy, healing mean someone is not Holy Spirit baptised?

Is not a trick question, or a difficult one. You keep missing my point in your answers.

Your scriptures quoted are before Pentecost, before Christ died. Not for Christians baptised after Pentecost.

Leah,

"Do you believe that speaking in tongues, prophecy, healing is proof of Holy Spirit baptism? "

If it happens while the members of the Church are together, YES!

"Do you believe that not speaking in tongues, prophecy, healing mean someone is not Holy Spirit baptised?"

If nothing happens continuously while the members of the Church are together: YES!

4 minutes ago, Frits said:

Leah,

"Do you believe that speaking in tongues, prophecy, healing is proof of Holy Spirit baptism? "

If it happens while the members of the Church are together, YES!

"Do you believe that not speaking in tongues, prophecy, healing mean someone is not Holy Spirit baptised?"

If nothing happens continuously while the members of the Church are together: YES!

I said 'someone' not a group. Still not answering my question. 

I will simplify: Do you believe that not speaking in tongues,  means someone is not Holy Spirit baptised?

Easy basic question.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,877
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

My Point, @Frits

Do you have bible reference so we can clearly understand the depth of the issues at hand?

This is a multiple question. 

And what are the scriptures that you think are relevant. And those you think they are not.

Your statement in paragraph three is puzzling. 

3 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Do you have bible reference so we can clearly understand the depth of the issues at hand?

This is a multiple question. 

And what are the scriptures that you think are relevant. And those you think they are not.

Your statement in paragraph three is puzzling. 

No, it's all very clear. Read it again.