• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, other one said:

not understanding his word and expecting things not promised, figures in there somewhere

I think the key is aligning one's desires toward God without self reliance... I know I had nothing to barter with when I cried out for The Lord to save me and without Him now I can do nothing... The temptation gives us His mindset toward ministry as lessons to us His servants....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

18 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

For if the Lord avenges us, but we've lost faith and run off and done ungodly things while waiting, what happens to us?

James tells us faith without works are dead... the litmus of true faith will produce works but those works will be unattached to that which God is not keeping and that being all 1st creation event... as it stands I, as a child, obey The Lord in a place where everything will cease from His presence and that which will be has not entered the mind of what that will be... yet in that hope I am...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

10 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

James tells us faith without works are dead... the litmus of true faith will produce works but those works will be unattached to that which God is not keeping and that being all 1st creation event... as it stands I, as a child, obey The Lord in a place where everything will cease from His presence and that which will be has not entered the mind of what that will be... yet in that hope I am...

The Lord avenges us. If we lose faith while we wait, and run off and do terrible things, how do we justify that?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

I think the key is aligning one's desires toward God without self reliance... I know I had nothing to barter with when I cried out for The Lord to save me and without Him now I can do nothing... The temptation gives us His mindset toward ministry as lessons to us His servants....

I can't really go where I was when the Lord saved me.   for years I thought he saved me from bartering with the devil....   but the truth was/is He was saving me from myself; for it was me that got me into the position I was in...    and He basically showed me I couldn't deal with what is going on across the universe myself...

Thought I was a real hotshot until me introduced me to the devil...   and I almost learned how weak and pathetic we as humans really are by ourselves..

2 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

The Lord avenges us. If we lose faith while we wait, and run off and do terrible things, how do we justify that?

I myself will never look to the manipulation of this that passes away as justifiable works to be kept... works have no element to salvation:  How can that which is not kept comparable to that which will never pass away in barter or trade?

4 minutes ago, other one said:

I can't really go where I was when the Lord saved me.   for years I thought he saved me from bartering with the devil....   but the truth was/is He was saving me from myself; :amen:  for it was me that got me into the position I was in...    and He basically showed me I couldn't deal with what is going on across the universe myself...

Thought I was a real hotshot until me introduced me to the devil...   and I almost learned how weak and pathetic we as humans really are by ourselves..

It is true as 'The Infinite Ones' shrink me to the total dependence of Their abilities to find value in my smallness of began...

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I myself will never look to the manipulation of this that passes away as justifiable works to be kept... works have no element to salvation:  How can that which is not kept comparable to that which will never pass away in barter or trade?

You didn't answer my question.

6 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

You didn't answer my question.

That was my answer as you wish to justify yourself through works as I do not and gave you reason why!

9 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

How can that which is not kept comparable to that which will never pass away in barter or trade?

I could say the same except it a rhetorical question :)  

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

That was my answer as you wish to justify yourself through works as I do not and gave you reason why!

I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm pointing out the Lord told us to have faith.