IGNORED

Sin-Conscience? Beware— It Could Show Lack Of Faith!

Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0

Excellent post! I find this is what Paul was getting at when he told the Galatians that Christ is become of no effect to them and that they are fallen from grace, those who are justified by law (Gal 5:4). He's not insinuating that they might be unsaved, because he clearly implied they were (Gal 3:2). Rather, he's cautioning them that they won't enjoy the benefits of their salvation or intimacy with God in this life if they seek to be justified by law, and thereby sow to the flesh. He said likewise to the Colossians, where he talks about this benefit of our salvation as our reward.

Col 2:18-19:

18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

What is our reward? It is God!

Genesis 15:1:

After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

5 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Sin is a bad thing.....sometimes a Terrible thing....duh. After a person Repents, that is, “ changes his mind” from “SELF TRUST” to “JESUS TRUST” he is Saved.So much for that.
As we established earlier , sin is bad.....any sin hurts others, hurts ourselves and displeases God On Account Of that Hurt.
However, too many “confused” Christians ....too many “poorly taught” Christians seem to live their lives Dwelling on the subject of Sin....something that God took care of for you, if you are a Believer in Jesus.If you are a Believer, God has Promised to Firgive you for all of your sins.....past ,present , and future.....He promised to take your sins and toss them into the “ deepest depths of the sea”.Your sins are as far removed from His sight as “ The East is from the West” And don’t tell anybody , but the Topper to all of this is that when the Accuser stands before you and God and tries to bring up all of your sins to God so that you can join him in Hell and get what you justly deserve , God is gonna say, “ What Sins? I don’t remember them!” Surprise! It’s just like Promised ! Saved “ To The Uttermost!”
So, in light all of these great Promises, the concern for Sin certainly has its place , but I know that ever since I became “A New Creation in Christ Jesus” , RESTING in paul’s Gospel of Grace Plus Nothing , I have become MUCH more “ SON” conscience “ as opposed to “SIN” Conscience 
God’s Assurance Of Salvation for all Believers and His Amazing Grace , once fully recognized and internalized , so Out- Shadows everything else , I find myself delivered from the Baby World existence of sin ...repent.....sin ....repent, ad nauseam, keeping my eyes 
on Myself instead of keeping my eyes on Him..... 
A life devoted to Sin-Maitainence as opposed to Son Appreciation shows a lack of confidence in the Plan Of God for His Children , simply put, it shows a lack of Faith . It’s a Paradox, but nevertheless it is True......the More I keep my eyes on Him and HIS Performance, not being so Obsessed with “ my” pitiful Performance —- the Better my Performance becomes .Christianity is kinda “ crazy “ like that.....Full Of Paradoxes—— you go up by going down......you become first by being last....I am finding that the less I worry about sin the better job I do Of not Sinning .....hmmmm... I wonder if God knew that long before I did......God bless...

Well said, my friend. Some time ago I considered writing about this very thing for it seems no matter which way I turn the hearts, minds, and eyes of so many are focused on sin and not the Son of God. Who purchased us from this world with His blood, and who justifies us in the sight of our Father? Not us. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

9 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Sin is a bad thing.....sometimes a Terrible thing....duh. After a person Repents, that is, “ changes his mind” from “SELF TRUST” to “JESUS TRUST” he is Saved.So much for that.
As we established earlier , sin is bad.....any sin hurts others, hurts ourselves and displeases God On Account Of that Hurt.
However, too many “confused” Christians ....too many “poorly taught” Christians seem to live their lives Dwelling on the subject of Sin....something that God took care of for you, if you are a Believer in Jesus.If you are a Believer, God has Promised to Firgive you for all of your sins.....past ,present , and future.....He promised to take your sins and toss them into the “ deepest depths of the sea”.Your sins are as far removed from His sight as “ The East is from the West” And don’t tell anybody , but the Topper to all of this is that when the Accuser stands before you and God and tries to bring up all of your sins to God so that you can join him in Hell and get what you justly deserve , God is gonna say, “ What Sins? I don’t remember them!” Surprise! It’s just like Promised ! Saved “ To The Uttermost!”
So, in light all of these great Promises, the concern for Sin certainly has its place , but I know that ever since I became “A New Creation in Christ Jesus” , RESTING in paul’s Gospel of Grace Plus Nothing , I have become MUCH more “ SON” conscience “ as opposed to “SIN” Conscience 
God’s Assurance Of Salvation for all Believers and His Amazing Grace , once fully recognized and internalized , so Out- Shadows everything else , I find myself delivered from the Baby World existence of sin ...repent.....sin ....repent, ad nauseam, keeping my eyes 
A life devoted to Sin-Maitainence as opposed to Son Appreciation shows a lack of confidence in the Plan Of God for His Children , simply put, it shows a lack of Faith . It’s a Paradox, but nevertheless it is True......the More I keep my eyes on Him and HIS Performance, not being so Obsessed with “ my” pitiful Performance —- the Better my Performance becomes .Christianity is kinda “ crazy “ like that.....Full Of Paradoxes—— you go up by going down......you become first by being last....I am finding that the less I worry about sin the better job I do Of not Sinning .....hmmmm... I wonder if God knew that long before I did......God bless...

To me, "repent" means to stop sinning. I didn't say it is easy. I just said, that is what "repent" means to me.

Edited by johnthebaptist
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

My sheep hear my voice, I know them, and they follow me. And I give unto them eternal life John 10:27-28

This is my commandment, that you love one another. John 15:12, Matthew 7:12 is the summary of His 'doctrine'. 
[Matthew 5 through 7:28, Luke 6:27-49]

He that has my words and keeps them, he it is that loves me. John 14:21-24 [also makes clear that His words are for everyone]

The words I speak to you, they are spirit and they are life. John 6:63

"As many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God" Romans 8:14

"the Lord is the Spirit" 2 Corinthians 3:17

"If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let that person be anathema! Oh Lord Come!"  1 Corinthians 16:22 [John 14:21]

"they that belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts" Galatians 5:24 [by His Spirit that is in them]

"Whosoever transgresses (disobeys the Torah) and abides not in the doctrine of Christ [Matthew 7:28], has not God,
whoever abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son
" 2 John 1:9  [1 Corinthians 16:22]

-------

The will of the Father:
I will raise Israel up a prophet... and whoever will not hearken unto him shall be destroyed from among the people.
Deuteronomy 18:18-19 Acts 3:23

"Also the sons of the stranger that join themselves to the Lord and do the things that please Him...
for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all people
" Isaiah 56:1-7

Not everyone that says to me Lord Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven,
but whoever does the will of my Father which is in heaven

Therefore...
whoever hears these sayings of mine and does not put them into practice is like a fool that built his house upon the sand

Matthew 7:21-28 "and they were astonished at His doctrine, for He taught as one having authority"

Because the will of the Father is that we hearken to the Son!

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

To me, "repent" means to stop sinning. I didn't say it is easy. I just said, that is what "repent" means to me.

.......exactly......and THAT is the Problem.  It is NOT “ easy” .....it is IMPOSSIBLE ! ......Nobody can do it .....that was the ENTIRE PURPOSE of the 613 Laws that God  gave us in the OT .....it was given to “ close the mouth” —— in others words—- SHUT UP about “ keeping it” ....The Law  was given to show you your Lost Position and to show you that you needed a Savior ... 

By the time that Jesus showed up, many had deluded themselves into thinking that they could keep it ....and they DID   Keep it to a large degree.....they kept the “letter of the Law, but not the “ Spirit Of The Law”.......Jesus had to set them straight with the hope that their hearts might become “ Contrite” ......he showed them that even though they may have fulfilled the Commandment, “ Thou shalt not commit Adultery”.....Jesus Added to that Commandment and told them that if they even harbored a  lustful  “ thought”.....they were in danger of being Damned....

Even If a person obeyed ALL of the Commandments , He still has a big problem remaining.....it’s something the Legalists and religionists NEVER want to discuss......the Sins Of Omission! Those would be all the Good things you SHOULD be doing , but you AINT Doing ! How many strangers have you invited into you house today to feed and clothe and offer shelter to this week? Yeah ......I thought so.....

People need to see—- God  has got  us all Trapped for the rats that we are . There is no way to become “ fit for Heaven” other than to swallow our Pride , admit we are helpless and hopeless Sinners and cry out with a  contrite Heart like the Sinful Publican Of Luke 18:9-14 did......he got “ Justified”( viewed by God as if he had NEVER sinned )  the very day he cried out this prayer from a Repentant heart .....I suggest that YOU give it a whirl—- “ God, have Mercy on me, a Sinner!” Do That. Just that , It will get you Saved....it worked for me .God keeps His Promises.....” Anybody that asks for Mercy shall RECEIVE it”.......What kind of Perverted “ Mercy” would it be if God  Saved you and then “ Unsaved” you? It’s HIS Mercy and Grace from beginning to end.... He is  the one That will “ KEEP you from Falling”....HE is the One that will FINISH the work that HE started .....it May sound crude to say it this way, but when it comes to your Salvation, the “ monkey” is on HIS BACK!  Just the Way  He  wants it ! You see, this way , Jesus gets 100% of the Glory and you get exactly what you deserve—- ZERO. Just the Way He wants it..........God Bless .... 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07

The spirit of God came to me and as my relationship with God developed I became more aware of my sin and through time he began removing my sins and it still continues to this day. That is how I am able to see myself growing spiritually by the changes he has made in me, but the original post which everyone so far has agreed with seems to state by being aware of sin and repenting from it is trying to be saved by works. That’s how I read it, and a number of similar posts have seem to multiply in the last day or two stating the same. I don’t believe I will ever be sin free nor anybody else, but I also cannot see myself advising people not to be sin conscious. 

“If you think you can fool God, you are only fooling yourselves. You will harvest what you plant. If you live to satisfy your sinful self, the harvest you will get from that will be eternal death. But if you live to please the Spirit, your harvest from the Spirit will be eternal life.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭6:7-8‬ ‭

“So get rid of everything evil in your lives—every kind of wrong you do. Be humble and accept God’s teaching that is planted in your hearts. This teaching can save you. Do what God’s teaching says; don’t just listen and do nothing. When you only sit and listen, you are fooling yourselves. Hearing God’s teaching and doing nothing is like looking at your face in the mirror”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:21-23‬ ‭

“So do you think we should continue sinning so that God will give us more and more grace? Of course not! Our old sinful life ended. It’s dead. So how can we continue living in sin?

So what should we do? Should we sin because we are under grace and not under law? Certainly not! Surely you know that you become the slaves of whatever you give yourselves to. Anything or anyone you follow will be your master. You can follow sin, or you can obey God. Following sin brings spiritual death, but obeying God makes you right with him. In the past you were slaves to sin—sin controlled you. But thank God, you fully obeyed what you were taught. You were made free from sin, and now you are slaves to what is right. I use this example from everyday life because you need help in understanding spiritual truths. In the past you offered the parts of your body to be slaves to your immoral and sinful thoughts. The result was that you lived only for sin. In the same way, you must now offer yourselves to be slaves to what is right. Then you will live only for God. In the past you were slaves to sin, and you did not even think about doing right. You did evil things, and now you are ashamed of what you did. Did those things help you? No, they only brought death. But now you are free from sin. You have become slaves of God, and the result is that you live only for God. This will bring you eternal life. When people sin, they earn what sin pays—death. But God gives his people a free gift—eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:1-2, 15-23‬ ‭

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

The spirit of God came to me and as my relationship with God developed I became more aware of my sin and through time he began removing my sins and it still continues to this day. That is how I am able to see myself growing spiritually by the changes he has made in me, but the original post which everyone so far has agreed with seems to state by being aware of sin and repenting from it is trying to be saved by works. That’s how I read it, and a number of similar posts have seem to multiply in the last day or two stating the same. I don’t believe I will ever be sin free nor anybody else, but I also cannot see myself advising people not to be sin conscious. 

What “ seems” to you to be the proper understanding of my post is an erroneous one.Be aware of Sin! I know that “ I”  am ( and HOW!  ) ........Repent ( be sorry for ) your sins until the cows come home! Sinner that “ I” am, I Repent several times a day....EVERY DAY! Be as Holy as you can be ! Be as obedient  as you can be ! These are All  GREAT things to do.....every one of them are Biblical 

Here is  the problem. God COMMANDS us in Heb 3 and 4 to REST in the Gospel Of Grace.....Those That are constantly under Duress about Sinning, repenting , trying to be “ Holy”  , etc.......are revealing they have a problem .....RESTING and being under DURESS  are not Compatable.....it may very well show that you do not really   Believe the  first half if the Gospel ( 1Cor15:1-4 ) —— The Part That says, “ JESUS DIED  FOR  YOUR SINS !!!  it’s supposed to be GOOD NEWS! And it is if you BELIEVE It.......It does  NOT mean we can now go out and “ sin up a storm” and think we can “ get away with it” because Grace always trump’s Sin, and the Blood  covers everything .....when one realizes and internalizes the great Favor that God has done for us , something we absolutely did  not deserve and something He did not HAVE to  do, it is not a human response to try to anger somebody that has done you an UNIMAGINABLE Favor.....

If you are about to go to a certain death , finding yourself in a raging river and you can’t swim and a giant water fall is just ahead and somebody throws  you a life line that saves you .....what do you think your response will be? If you are a human being your response will be one of Love and Gratitude —- you will be EAGER to pay that guy back for what he did FOR you!  

Christianity kinda works that way....except the thing that “GOD” saved you From was not a waterfall.....He Saved you from an Eternity in Hell. An “ Eternity in Hell” that was well-deserved, incidentally.....The more you “SEE” what He did......the more you “ understand” what He did.....the more you “ TRUST” what He did the more Joy and Peace you will have in your life .......in short , the  more REST you will have .Just like you were “ Commanded” to do......

Do all of the good things that we mentioned .....they are Part Of The Christian Walk.....But so is  Joy .So is REST.They come naturally if you Trust the Good News....There is  no problem repenting From daily Sins  and trying to live right and Holy......but if you these things are done thinking you will be cast into the pits of Hell if you “ don’t” do them.....you have missed the Good News —- Jesus actually “ DID”  die for our Sins .Cant we RELOiCE, just a little bit? Smiles make for a better witness than frowns.....I suppose that is the essence of what I am saying....God Bless.... 

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Thanks :) BB1953. I read this "Whatever you believe to be true, whatever you focus your attention and energy on becomes your reality". 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  409
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/25/1961

23 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us." (Psa.103:12)

Wonderful text that the Lord God has redeemed us from sin because His Son Jesus Christ died for our sins and rose again.  This Sacrifice brought by the Lord Jesus is eternal, and indestructible!

But this Bible verse also needs a friend, and that is Romans 5:1. Psalm 103:12 and Romans 5:1 belong together.

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ".

From the moment you can believe that God the Father has forgiven all your sins, you are 100% a righteous person.  But even a righteous person can stumble even if (s)he doesn't want to!  The big difference with a sinner is the following:

1) You are no longer a sin slave, but a human being redeemed by God Himself.
 2) Deep down you don't want to sin because that was the cause of your conversion, your Father God doesn't forget that.
 3) If, in exceptional cases, you sin through inattention, you ask God for forgiveness, but you still remain a righteous person:

'Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit'  
(John 13:10a)

May the wisdom of the Gospel, to come to the glory of Christ shine upon you.♥️

• Thumbs Up 2