• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Rom 7

7 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
KJV

who can say after new birth this is our reality?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, enoob57 said:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
KJV

who can say after new birth this is our reality?

That was before Paul repent and receive Holy Spirit baptism.

Yes the law of sin still prevail to those who continue to satisfy the flesh without submitting to Holy Spirit even though they hv converted to Christianity.

However, those who live in Holy Spirit will give fruits AND THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST IT as Paul wrote this : Galatians 5 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Please explain why the title is "brutally honest with my family". 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/20/2020 at 2:10 AM, enoob57 said:

who can say after new birth this is our reality

Every Christian has this as there testimony, that the good they want to do they do not do, while the evil, the sin, they do not want to do that is what they do.

As 1 John1:9 says those who denie this do not know Jesus.

That is the brutal truth.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

8 hours ago, NotAllThere said:

Please explain why the title is "brutally honest with my family". 

People find it difficult to express that their walk is less than they think it should be... weakness people try to hide.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, enoob57 said:

People find it difficult to express that their walk is less than they think it should be... weakness people try to hide.

Are we talking about humility here?

26 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Are we talking about humility here?

humility is a key to seeing ourselves as God sees us but the total of the post is the willing aspect to admit the problem in our daily walk knowing- it is 'our all' that belongs to Him for His use.... uniquely qualified by these verses

1 Cor 6:19-20

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
KJV

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

39 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

humility is a key to seeing ourselves as God sees us but the total of the post is the willing aspect to admit the problem in our daily walk knowing- it is 'our all' that belongs to Him for His use.... uniquely qualified by these verses

1 Cor 6:19-20

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
KJV

Humbling ourselves and giving God our body, our mind, our heart and our life?

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Well I read the title and thought this was going to be about some family drama going on. 

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Humbling ourselves and giving God our body, our mind, our heart and our life?

Yes and the underlying essence 'the flow' of the water of life which is first given and then let out by s/Spirit.... we are merely witnesses of this mystery and again we are made part of it...

Rev 21:6-7

6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
KJV

and again

Rev 22:17

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
KJV