IGNORED

Is there justification for adding anything to the discussion of end times besides what the bible tell us.?

Riverwalker

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Pardon this clumsy Analogy, but a lot of end times discussion reminds of evolution discussions, an unconnected sparseness of facts that is assembled and held together by the gossamer web of supposition. The bible says WHAT will happen, very clearly. But its rather vague on the how and when, and it would seem purposefully so, because God doesn't make mistakes.

Are we really free to take our theology beyond what is explicitly stated.

I myself find hints in the bible that make me think we are going pre-trib or at the latest mid-trib (I will save you from the trial that is to come upon the WHOLE Earth) but I cannot allow myself to become dogmatic about it, because God did not clearly state it and clearly he does not want me focusing on that. But rather on keeping my lamp full, my wick trimmed and my eye on the prize.

I do not have all the answers here, I am opened to being enlightened if I am in the dark

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Riverwalker,

Good point there. The difficulty is that we all have a certain understanding of God`s word, but not the full picture. Thus we talk from a limited view. However I believe as the Holy Spirit continues to bring clarification of ALL the truths in God`s word, that the great truth of eschatology will also be clarified. And that I believe is in our day for all the main truths have been clarified by the Holy Spirit in past generations. 

What has helped me, and of that I was taught, is God`s specific (eternal) purposes for - the Body of Christ, for Israel and for the Nations. Understand that and we are well on the way to discerning correctly God`s word.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

In my view there is no justification for adding anything to the discussion of end times besides what the Bible tell us, but I'll allow it as long as I'm not expected to be swayed by it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99

Zero justification for adding to the prophecies; or any gap filling.

I would say, "Let them do what they do and God will sort it out."

I'm going to be cautious, naive according to 'smart' people.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

On 1/6/2021 at 5:11 AM, Riverwalker said:

Are we really free to take our theology beyond what is explicitly stated.

If you threw out all the assumptions over the ages, you are left with just enough to know God is in charge.

All the rest is mostly hype to sell books and often to sow discord. There are many eschatological 'systems', but you will note they all cheat in places and cut and paste verses to suit their own narratives. Best to leave them alone. We will find out in due course.

If you INSIST on following a system, then understand it is often not 'this or that' but both 'and this and that'. It is cosmological on a scale we really cannot parse with our physical minds. It is a multi level set of occurrences that may be happening at the same time or recapitulated and repeated until the final battle for 'all the marbles' is upon us both in Heaven and upon the earth.

Spiritual and physical battles are very hard to understand. But in the end, WE WIN... and perhaps Eden is again with us.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

If you have a Deut 32 and Divine council worldview, it will all make much more sense.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  0

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Acts 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

We are told in the last days, His spirit will be poured out.  What would be the purpose?  I believe it is so that truths that have been/had been hard to see are made clear for us as we are the generation that they effect.  

So, I don't see it as an adding to The Word, but as adding OUR knowledge, strengthening our gospel armor.  

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99

2 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Acts 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

We are told in the last days, His spirit will be poured out.  What would be the purpose?  I believe it is so that truths that have been/had been hard to see are made clear for us as we are the generation that they effect.  

I'd sure like to know when this is supposed to happen, or even what it means. I see a lot of 'prophesying' that fails. 

Is it possible we have not yet gotten there? 

Edited by Diaste

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

I'd sure like to know when this is supposed to happen, or even what it means. I see a lot of 'prophesying' that fails. 

Is it possible we have not yet gotten there? 

As a Christian woman I am going with I hope so.  As a student of the WORD, I am going with "I am torn but I think so".  

Why?  because once Christ returns there wont be any need.  (not to mention that I don't think we will be sleeping anymore)  BUT we have to remember the wolves, tares, kenites, Edom, the other 12 kids from Abraham and the synagogue of Satan.  Remember what God said to them? They are HARD AT WORK.  Christians just keep disappointing God which makes no sense to me but then again...yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death.   They are going to prophecy BUT GOD HAS NOT SENT THEM.  Their father has.  And how do you block TRUTH?  By muddying up the waters so it's hard to find any.  FAMINE.  

On the one hand, what has been being revealed to me through the WORD has been almost unbelievable.  Where as truths once came only now and again it is like they are coming right on top of the other.  Let me be clear.  I DO NOT HEAR GOD talking to me  BUT the putting together of truths, that HIS WORD is doing almost daily.  Things I have read and known for many years are popping all the time into the right place.  I know because I go back into the Word and try to find them at odds with it.  They aren't.  So as for me, I do believe we have on that level.  BUT on another level, I have no dreams and so is what I am going through just a natural progression that all who study like God is the love of their life the same?  

Once I got that lesson on good and evil and learned a lesson in discernment, It has been crazy amounts of truth coming my way.  

So there is my very unhelpful answer.  

Edited by DeighAnn
add the word and
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

It is dangerous to delete or add any words that are in the Bible.