IGNORED

Is there justification for adding anything to the discussion of end times besides what the bible tell us.?

Riverwalker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I have come full circle on this matter, to be honest.  I started realizing I know very little, started studying a lot over the years - believing I was being shown certain hidden truths, but then realizing the truth - I still know very little and what I thought were hidden truths were just assumption on my part that fed my ego.

Don't add anything to His word.  If God wanted us to know, He would of told us.  This is the very reason why I do my best to stay away from these discussions as they turn from scripture to "our understanding", which we were warned to stay clear of.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,072
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/5/2021 at 11:11 PM, Riverwalker said:

Pardon this clumsy Analogy, but a lot of end times discussion reminds of evolution discussions, an unconnected sparseness of facts that is assembled and held together by the gossamer web of supposition. The bible says WHAT will happen, very clearly. But its rather vague on the how and when, and it would seem purposefully so, because God doesn't make mistakes.

Are we really free to take our theology beyond what is explicitly stated.

I myself find hints in the bible that make me think we are going pre-trib or at the latest mid-trib (I will save you from the trial that is to come upon the WHOLE Earth) but I cannot allow myself to become dogmatic about it, because God did not clearly state it and clearly he does not want me focusing on that. But rather on keeping my lamp full, my wick trimmed and my eye on the prize.

I do not have all the answers here, I am opened to being enlightened if I am in the dark

I think your thought process is all wrong. If someone wrote an equation, and only a select few could decipher it, and they told what E = MC2 means, that wouldn't make them to be adding to the equation, that would be them interpreting it for others who can't figure it out. The bible has to be studied HERE A LITTLE, THERE A LITTLE, and then revealed by the Holy Spirit. God doesn't reveal all things to all people. There are a lot of people on here who were not called unto prophecy, but think they were. They are just wasting their time in many cases tbh, if God doesn't call you unto something, then He isn't going to reveal a lot to you on that. He might have called you to a healing ministry, but they are stuck in the prophecy ministry, and are just out of sorts. 

The Rapture is Pre Trib and is proven easily. 

The End Times are easy to me, because God has revealed all these things, but that is a "PART OF MY CALLING, AS WELL AS PREACHING". 

Edited by Revelation Man

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, Revelation Man said:

The End Times are easy to me, because God has revealed all these things, but that is a "PART OF MY CALLING, AS WELL AS PREACHING". 

So this is something only a few get to understand?  Oh this I have a real problem with. God is not at all secretive, this elite view is where trouble starts

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

So this is something only a few get to understand?  Oh this I have a real problem with. God is not at all secretive, this elite view is where trouble starts

Only a few are called, just like our body has two legs, two feet and two hands, the POINT is we can try to walk on our hands, but that doesn't work out too well. If God made a leg and foot for walking, don't try to walk with your hands and fold clothes with your feet. It is doable, but not optimal tbh. We have way to many people professing to understand End Time Prophecy when what I see is a bunch of people going down rabbit holes, instead of listening to those who do understand, and those are few and far between themselves. Like Irving Baxter, he's totally off track on everything, but he thinks he has it all figured out. The Holy Spirit should lead us unto unto these truths, and thus when we hear truth the sprit should bear witness, but that doesn't mean everyone is called unto Prophecy. Whereas we are all called to preaching the Gospel, all are not called unto Prophecy. That is why we have hundreds of interpretations of Babylon, The Harlot, the 144,000, the 7 Headed Beast etc. etc. Do you think God gives out hundreds of interpretations or do you think there is ONE TRUTH and most all of these people are confused? I think they are all confused by Satan. Babel means confusion, thus Babylon means Satan's Dark Kingdom on this earth, where he so confuses mankind he gets them to fight against their own loving Creator. Now, that is Babylon indeed. 

God only gives to those who are meek and seek out His truths, and only then if the timing is right, he would not even give His truths unto Daniel, he told him it was SEALED UP, until the end times. So, God does what He does, He doesn't reveal His truths to those He can't trust, nor if the timing is not right.  I mean, we actually have people on here who can't understand the Raptures timing, and I am supposed to believe they can SEE what God is doing in far more complex situations ? I don't see it happening anytime soon. People are way to LOCKED IN to their own interpretations to understand God's doings. Only those who are willing to BE WRONG can hear God's truths. 

Edited by Revelation Man

The gifts, are not knowledge. All the knowledge God has for us is available to all, not a select special few

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

The gifts, are not knowledge. All the knowledge God has for us is available to all, not a select special few

You are wrong, if that was true everyone would understand what Babylon means, what the 144,000 means, what the 1260, 1290 and 1335 means. We wouldn't have a Church on different pages on the Rapture etc. etc. Many do not understand how to enter into these TRUTHS because they are TOO BUSY with their own truths. The Pharisees were told by Jesus that their problem in not seeing him as the Son of God was they heeded Men's Traditions over the word of God, wherein they could find him written about in the scriptures. Likewise, many today heed Men's Traditions, instead of asking of God. This is factual. God doesn't give to everyone, He gives to those who seek his face in truth and in Spirit. You saying God reveals to all Christians His truths then admitting that 15-20 percent (my estimate) don't understand the timing of the Rapture, shows God doesn't reveal all things to all people.

I understand exactly what the 1335, the 1290and the 1260 means, but I have hardly seen anyone who really gets this in full. They don't even come close. God gives to those who seek his face in humility. Not to the arrogant. 

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.

Gifts are given....not possessed

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

19 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

As a Christian woman I am going with I hope so.  As a student of the WORD, I am going with "I am torn but I think so".  

Why?  because once Christ returns there wont be any need.  (not to mention that I don't think we will be sleeping anymore)  BUT we have to remember the wolves, tares, kenites, Edom, the other 12 kids from Abraham and the synagogue of Satan.  Remember what God said to them? They are HARD AT WORK.  Christians just keep disappointing God which makes no sense to me but then again...yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death.   They are going to prophecy BUT GOD HAS NOT SENT THEM.  Their father has.  And how do you block TRUTH?  By muddying up the waters so it's hard to find any.  FAMINE.  

On the one hand, what has been being revealed to me through the WORD has been almost unbelievable.  Where as truths once came only now and again it is like they are coming right on top of the other.  Let me be clear.  I DO NOT HEAR GOD talking to me  BUT the putting together of truths, that HIS WORD is doing almost daily.  Things I have read and known for many years are popping all the time into the right place.  I know because I go back into the Word and try to find them at odds with it.  They aren't.  So as for me, I do believe we have on that level.  BUT on another level, I have no dreams and so is what I am going through just a natural progression that all who study like God is the love of their life the same?  

Once I got that lesson on good and evil and learned a lesson in discernment, It has been crazy amounts of truth coming my way.  

So there is my very unhelpful answer.  

Yes. Prophecy, as in telling the future inspired by the Spirit, is not the same prophesying. 

In 1 Cor it's "the gift of communicating and enforcing revealed truth."; what I see as an apologist.  So I don't think it's future telling as the idea though it can certainly include that, but it's more a staunch ally of God and the Word preaching the revealed truth, not claiming special revelation or a future event, it could be but that doesn't look like the focus

In Acts it's the same idea of 'forthtelling' not so much 'foretelling', if at all.  Strong's relates

"In the NT, prophesy (4395 /prophēteúō) occurs 28 times, usually of forthtelling which reveals the mind (message) of God in a particular situation."

It's exactly what you do. Cool, huh? 

And I don't know about the visions and dreams part. I have experienced those and more. The dreams and visions are personal guides in my case and I have never yet felt they were for other individuals or groups. The impression of the visions is usually encouragement or direction for me. I could be wrong but there was always a direct application for my life. I think it would have been presumptuous of me to think any dream or vision I had would apply to others.

Maybe I'm wrong. I've been wrong before. Probably happen again. :)

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 1/5/2021 at 11:11 PM, Riverwalker said:

Pardon this clumsy Analogy, but a lot of end times discussion reminds of evolution discussions, an unconnected sparseness of facts that is assembled and held together by the gossamer web of supposition. The bible says WHAT will happen, very clearly. But its rather vague on the how and when, and it would seem purposefully so, because God doesn't make mistakes.

Are we really free to take our theology beyond what is explicitly stated.

I myself find hints in the bible that make me think we are going pre-trib or at the latest mid-trib (I will save you from the trial that is to come upon the WHOLE Earth) but I cannot allow myself to become dogmatic about it, because God did not clearly state it and clearly he does not want me focusing on that. But rather on keeping my lamp full, my wick trimmed and my eye on the prize.

I do not have all the answers here, I am opened to being enlightened if I am in the dark

Adding to the scripture is not good because there is a warning against doing that.  What ever your interpretation it is not allowable to add resurrections or raptures. There are only two resurrections listed and there can only be one time of the rapture.  The rapture follows the resurrection at the end of the thousand years.  Consider the primary text that tells of the rapture.  1 Thess. 4:13-18

13But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. 15For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 18Therefore encourage one another with these words.
Jesus Himself told us the time that believers will be raised in the gospel of John chapter 6.

40For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.” 

It is not a coincidence that there is a resurrection at the last day of the thousand years.  This is the time that believer are raised and the time of the rapture.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64

3 hours ago, Diaste said:

Yes. Prophecy, as in telling the future inspired by the Spirit, is not the same prophesying. 

In 1 Cor it's "the gift of communicating and enforcing revealed truth."; what I see as an apologist.  So I don't think it's future telling as the idea though it can certainly include that, but it's more a staunch ally of God and the Word preaching the revealed truth, not claiming special revelation or a future event, it could be but that doesn't look like the focus

In Acts it's the same idea of 'forthtelling' not so much 'foretelling', if at all.  Strong's relates

"In the NT, prophesy (4395 /prophēteúō) occurs 28 times, usually of forthtelling which reveals the mind (message) of God in a particular situation."

It's exactly what you do. Cool, huh? 

And I don't know about the visions and dreams part. I have experienced those and more. The dreams and visions are personal guides in my case and I have never yet felt they were for other individuals or groups. The impression of the visions is usually encouragement or direction for me. I could be wrong but there was always a direct application for my life. I think it would have been presumptuous of me to think any dream or vision I had would apply to others.

Maybe I'm wrong. I've been wrong before. Probably happen again. :)

EXCELLENT.  AND YEA!!!   Same problem I have with anxious and anxiety.  Get 'em straight then mix them up.  AND like Armageddon and Gog and Ma gog.  THOSE I LOOK UP every time now as I have lost that argument just too many times now.  

You are lucky.  They say everyone dreams but I HARDLY ever do.  OR maybe I just never remember them know of  less than 10 a year.  Doesn't matter if I wake up naturally or not, no dreams.  Guess if I ever do I will be completely aware of what they are all about.  

Thank you for setting me straight!! again.  If you see me doing it again PLEASE JUMP IN AND LET ME KNOW.  Never know who is reading and HATE to confuse others by not using correct words. 

And it definitely was in my mind ONLY speaking to the future.  OH THOSE SIMPLE THINGS that simply take years.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU,  THANK YOU.   :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:  ( don't know if I got the right one but just really happy and head bangin at the same time)