• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

What some people try to do, I believe, is change the definition of "repent." When Jesus used the word, I believe he was telling us to turn from sin. But some Christians seem to define "repent" as: Turn to God, and then sin as much as you want. When Jesus told us to repent, I think he was telling us to turn from our sin.

One “ turns to God” as a Lost Sinner who MUST have a Savior to obtain Eternal Life.....this side of the Cross, we do this by Trusting in  The Gospel  ......just like in the example of  “ Lydia, the Seller Of Purple” , God had to “ open her heart” to not only “ hear” , but BELIEVE that Gospel . This proves what Jesus said..... “ No man can come to the Father , lest the Spirit draw him”

The man who truly turns to God with a   Contrite Heart and Trusts in the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 to Save Him WILL “ Sin as much as he wants!” What many weak, confused “Believers” ( ?) fail to see ,( mainly because of decades of Poor Teaching ) , is that along with the Complete Forgiveness Of Sins one receives when he RESTS in the Gospel Gospel , this man also receives a” NEW HEART” which has made him  “ NEW CREATION...... one with New Desires .... “ NEW WANTS!”

God never takes away Anybody’s Freedom. He has no desire to spend Eternity with a bunch of Robots....I am a “ Free Man in Christ”. I do what I want .With my New Heart, My “ Wants” line-up with God’s “Wants” now......Sin has about as much appeal for me now that I have been made a New Creation as sticking my hand in a hornet’s nest. Why would I “ want” to do that ? 

God bless us all in the understanding of these things....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  409
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/25/1961

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

Which is why I believe you need to address your accusations, the false accusations that were due to a simple misreading of the post. This is not the first time this has happened; prior conversation have fallen because of a misreading of something I posted and a refusal to self-correct when the mistake was made known. 

Fix the problem, Frits. First fix that problem. Then we'll talk about other matters. 

Is there no accusation, is there no accuser? What I have written is really in the Bible:

"for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night." (Rev.12:10)

You see, as usual simply a Bible text.
But did you perhaps feel addressed Josheb?
Maybe you have a bad conscience about something you wrote? I'm just asking because, Worthy is the place to be bro.

God bless you.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

11 hours ago, Frits said:

This simply is not true.

Some evidence would be good.

Please show where, in the Bible, any fallen man is called "good", in God's sight (N. B. we are not talking about being relatively good, in comparison with other people; but absolutely good, in God's estimation).

3 hours ago, Josheb said:

This is a simple to solve disagreement. Simply show scripture reporting God calling someone "good." 

Do it now, please. 

When you do not find such a verse then 1) acknowledge the error, 2) change your position, and 3) change your thinking and posting to be more consistent with what scripture actually states

Do it now, please.

@Josheb,

I really have such a happy and excited feeling now that you have as a child, when Grandma comes with the cookie jar and says, 'You can only take one kid!'
If I can now only choose one person, then I will go for the ultimate proof of a good person, the Son of man, Jezus Christ of whom God spoke:

Mat 3:17 KJV
'This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.'

But please, will you allow me to name a few more people?  How about Enoch?  He was so good that he could walk with God and please Him.  (Gen 5:24)

Of Enoch the apostle writes:

Heb 11:5 KJV
'By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.' (Heb.11:5)

And what about Abraham?  Abraham was so good, that he was called a friend of God!

Jac 2:23 KJV
'And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.'

I will mention another human being, Moses.  But you understand I can continue.

Moses was so good, that he could receive the law of God on Mount Sinai. The glory of the Lord God then radiated from Moses.

Exo 34:29 KJV
And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.

Moses was also present with Elijah and the three apostles when the Lord Jesus was glorified. (Mt.17:2-3)

Do you really intend to deny the testimony these good people have received from the Lord God?

Look before you leap bro.

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

The point I am making, Frits, is that you are an accuser of the brethren! 

And have done nothing to correct that mistake.
And believe discourse can continue normally while you live in that state. 

What I am talking about is your earlier claim I don't believe we can rely on scripture but your current insinuations also bear witness to your propensity to misread the posts and judge others negatively. I DO NOT perhaps feel addressed and it is wrong that your thoughts turn that way. I draw attention to your scapegoating and gaslighting and you do it more. It is an ungodly practice.

I think you should correct the errors and do so just as publicly as you make them
Refusing to post any such self-correction I think you should not expect conversation to return to normal. 

Maybe that's just me. 

There was a very educated man, who asked what the Lord Jesus had to say on all charges. The Bible says:

"But he held his peace, and answered nothing." (Marc 14:61)

In this too I will follow the example of my Lord Jesus.

1 hour ago, David1701 said:

Some evidence would be good.

Please show where, in the Bible, any fallen man is called "good", in God's sight (N. B. we are not talking about being relatively good, in comparison with other people; but absolutely good, in God's estimation).

Hi David,

If I can now only choose one person, then I will go for the ultimate proof of a good person, Jesus the Son of man of whom God spoke:

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, 'This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.'

But please, will you allow me to name a few more people?  How about Enoch?  He was so good that he could walk with God and please Him.  (Gen 5:24)

Of Enoch the apostle writes:

Heb 11:5 KJV
'By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.' (Heb.11:5)

And what about Abraham?  Abraham was so good, that he was called a friend of God!

Jac 2:23 KJV
'And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.'

I will mention another human being, Moses.  But you will understand that I can continue.

Moses was so good, that he could receive the law of God on Mount Sinai. The glory of the Lord God then radiated from Moses.

Exo 34:29 KJV
And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.

Moses was also present with Elijah and the three apostles when the Lord Jesus was glorified. (Mt.17:2-3)

Is it up to us to deny the testimony these good people have received from the Lord God?

May Jesus Christ bless us David.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

41 minutes ago, Frits said:

Hi David,

If I can now only choose one person, then I will go for the ultimate proof of a good person, Jesus the Son of man of whom God spoke:

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, 'This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.'

Oh boy!

Matt. 19:16,17 (EMTV)

16 And behold, one came and said to Him, "Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?"
  17 So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."

The rich young ruler was making the same kind of mistake that you are: he called Jesus "good", without knowing that Jesus is God.  Jesus then corrected him, by telling him that ONLY God is good.

Edited by David1701

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

You do realize we are rehashing the same things already covered many posts up?

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Josheb said:

Nice dodge. You have not answered or addressed the question asked. You have posted a pile of scriptures in which people are commended but not a single one of them is called "good". You may read that and think, "Well there are plenty of places where God was pleased with people so I don't think Josh is correct," but I never said anything about His being pleased one way or anther. No such testimony is being denied (nice red herring, though). 

Mark 10:17-18
"As He was setting out on a journey, a man ran up to him and knelt before him, and asked him, 'Good teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?'  And Jesus said to him, 'Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone.'"

Do you really intend to deny the testimony of Jesus?

I said, "Adam was the last man God ever declared good.".
You say "That is simply not true".
I ask for evidence of God declaring someone else good. 
So did another poster. 
You post examples of people pleasing God and being called His friend but not a single one of them reports God declaring any of them good. 

Nice people pleasing God, but not a single one of them was declared good. You have not answered the question asked.

So let's try it again. Can you and will you provide an example of God declaring someone "good" after Genesis 1:31, or not? 

I can and did provide scripture to support my statement(s). 
I don't read you doing the same.

Can you and will you provide an example of God declaring someone "good" after Genesis 1:31, or not? 

Genesis 1:31

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

It cannot been seen in Genesis 1:31 what you have been suggesting about Adam...

Do you have something else? 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

27 minutes ago, Josheb said:

It can be seen. Adam was one of the things God made. Everything God made was good. Adam was a thing God made. What part of that is not understood? 

Genesis 1:31, is a statement made by God after he finished his work, and is made to sow us not only that he is the sole creator, but he emphasises that everything is made according to how he wanted to create everything

God is projected as the inspector of his own creation and he comments that everything is made according to his blue print. 

No errors, no mistakes, and no interference from anyone else. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt