Mike Mclees

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Basic legal principal.  Ignorance of the law is not an excuse for breaking the law.

This is a human, earth based legal principal.

It also applies to heavenly laws and is many clearer in that all heaven declares the Glory of God, and all creation praises him so that man is without any excuse.

As you say God is gracious and those who sincerely seek him will find him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

25 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Let me make sure I understand this. Is your basic point this: God doesn't send folks to hell; they choose it themselves. Is that the point you're trying to make?

Basically yes As Jesus said "I am the way the truth ans life and no man shall come to the Father except by Him "

The Lord said "I call heaven and earth to the record this day against you that have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life that both you and your seed may live   Deut 30: 19

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  446
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

No there are still good men, jesus saves us ;-;. that's why he came and we all can be saved. it should be all of us. Jew, gentile, white and black, believer or not but all of god's children were supposed to be there. We never give up, never give up. Try try and try again even they kick you out. Because god still loves us and keeps giving us sun and sky and all the gifts of the earth.

There are still so many who want them to be saved.

Edited by Omegaman 3.0 - Video removed. Videos go in the video section, and the video placed here was wholly unrelated to the topic.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Many have said why would a good man go to hell? That is why I will not believe in God as Christians. Would you believe God does not send people to hell. Not even sinful ones. 2 Peter 3:9 God is patient not wanting any to perish, but for everyone to come to repentence .

So God is not quick to punish. Romans 3:23 says All have sinned and come of the glory of God.

2 Peter   but God is longsuffering to us not willing that any should perish. 

So even though the issue is being sinful is not sin that will send us to hell, but that we  would not come to the one would who died to save us from our sin.

For God so loved the world, (Which is meaning us being  men) that He gave His only begotten Son so we should not perish, but have everlasting life. 

So why good men go to hell is not that we sin as much it is that sin is in us when we are born and we come to the need of a savior and his willing to be nailed to the cross for us. This is mentioned in John 3 :16

Men go to hell because they rejected Christ and His crucifiction. A sinful man has no need to go to hell but  by his own choice to reject their need for Christ. God takes no pleasure for this. Listen to the words of Jesus in John 3: 18-21 He that believeth in Him is not condemned, but he that believeth not in Him is condemned already because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And thi is the condemnation that light came into the world and men loved darkness rather than the light because their deeds were evil. For ever one that doith evil, for everyone who evil hateth the light neither commeth to the light less his deed should be reproved

But he that doeth truth come's to the light that his deeds be manifest that they may  be wrought in God

David said that he was born in sin from his mothers womb  Psalm 51.

So any you think God is cruel because you believe of yourself as good have you never sinned? or that you have never done something wrong or shameful? Was  Christ not nailed to the cross for you so you would not have to go to hell? 

God is not harsh and quick to punish. Still no one knows if they have a tomorrow. You might find yourself before Christ today. Think what dangerous times we are living in right now.

@Mike Mclees You might also ask why bad men go to heaven.

Fortunately Scripture answers both questions, why seemingly good people will be judged and condemned, and why seemingly bad people will be saved from such condemnation. Doing good, even being good by human standards is not sufficient to achieve salvation, which is by grace through faith and not of works. I have much to say on this topic but do not want to post long so here are a few important verses which we should always keep in mind and take to heart.

Psa 14:1-3  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good.  (2)  The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.  (3)  They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that does good, no, not one.

Rom 3:10-20  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:  (11)  There is none that understands, there is none that seeks after God.  (12)  They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that does good, no, not one.  (13)  Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:  (14)  Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:  (15)  Their feet are swift to shed blood:  (16)  Destruction and misery are in their ways:  (17)  And the way of peace have they not known:  (18)  There is no fear of God before their eyes.  (19)  Now we know that what things soever the law says, it says to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.  (20)  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Rom 6:18-23  Being then made free from sin, you became the servants of righteousness.  (19)  I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as you have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.  (20)  For when you were the servants of sin, you were free from righteousness.  (21)  What fruit had you then in those things whereof you are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.  (22)  But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, you have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.  (23)  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

@Mike Mclees The vilest sinner who is dead in their sins is raised to life by Christ when faith in Him becomes the conduit for His grace to reach them.

Faith comes from hearing the Word of God, but the stubborn and hard-hearted refuse to hear the Word of God, and have no Advocate to argue for mercy on Judgment Day, regardless of any good they have done.

If you are asking why God doesn't remove their stubborness and soften their hard hearts so that they repent and receive His Word, many times He does, but some are just not willing to co-operate. Manasseh was a very evil king of Judah, but God chastised Him and he repented.

Manasseh's Repentance
2Ch 33:10  And the LORD spake to Manasseh, and to his people: but they would not hearken. 
2Ch 33:11  Wherefore the LORD brought upon them the captains of the host of the king of Assyria, which took Manasseh among the thorns, and bound him with fetters, and carried him to Babylon. 
2Ch 33:12  And when he was in affliction, he besought the LORD his God, and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers, 
2Ch 33:13  And prayed unto him: and he was intreated of him, and heard his supplication, and brought him again to Jerusalem into his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the LORD he was God. 

2Ch 33:14  Now after this he built a wall without the city of David, on the west side of Gihon, in the valley, even to the entering in at the fish gate, and compassed about Ophel, and raised it up a very great height, and put captains of war in all the fenced cities of Judah. 
2Ch 33:15  And he took away the strange gods, and the idol out of the house of the LORD, and all the altars that he had built in the mount of the house of the LORD, and in Jerusalem, and cast them out of the city. 
2Ch 33:16  And he repaired the altar of the LORD, and sacrificed thereon peace offerings and thank offerings, and commanded Judah to serve the LORD God of Israel. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

Thanks, but that is not an answer to my question. I am not asking you to quote more scripture. I can do that on my own. I asked a very specific question. I asked you the question specifically about things you posted AND I worded my inquiry so that it could be answered in a yes or no manner. 

Would you please answer the question asked. 

Thx

Is the basic point attempted in this op God doesn't send folks to hell; they choose it themselves? Is that the basic point? 

That is yes. He does not send good men to hell.

We need to see that there are two kinds of good being addressed in this topic. First there is the worlds idea of good

Second The Bible says there is no good men by nature of man. I would have to use scripture to illustrate

Point being there is none good. Sin came by Adam who disobeyed God. Adam gave the world the seed of sin. Therefore every man is of sin and in need of a savior. Jesus paid the price for all of us.    Romans 3: 10 makes clear " there is none good no not one." Romans 3:10 says KJV  

The rich youg ruler came addressing Him good master. Jesus then asked the man why callest me good? there is only one good and that is God.  Matthew 19: 16-17

In the world there are many good people but being good in the flesh will get you to heaven. We must come in Christ. who is Gods grace to all who will believe. John 3:16

I pray  this answers your question. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Many have said why would a good man go to hell? That is why I will not believe in God as Christians. Would you believe God does not send people to hell. Not even sinful ones. 2 Peter 3:9 God is patient not wanting any to perish, but for everyone to come to repentence .

So God is not quick to punish. Romans 3:23 says All have sinned and come of the glory of God.

2 Peter   but God is longsuffering to us not willing that any should perish. 

So even though the issue is being sinful is not sin that will send us to hell, but that we  would not come to the one would who died to save us from our sin.

For God so loved the world, (Which is meaning us being  men) that He gave His only begotten Son so we should not perish, but have everlasting life. 

So why good men go to hell is not that we sin as much it is that sin is in us when we are born and we come to the need of a savior and his willing to be nailed to the cross for us. This is mentioned in John 3 :16

Men go to hell because they rejected Christ and His crucifiction. A sinful man has no need to go to hell but  by his own choice to reject their need for Christ. God takes no pleasure for this. Listen to the words of Jesus in John 3: 18-21 He that believeth in Him is not condemned, but he that believeth not in Him is condemned already because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And thi is the condemnation that light came into the world and men loved darkness rather than the light because their deeds were evil. For ever one that doith evil, for everyone who evil hateth the light neither commeth to the light less his deed should be reproved

But he that doeth truth come's to the light that his deeds be manifest that they may  be wrought in God

David said that he was born in sin from his mothers womb  Psalm 51.

So any you think God is cruel because you believe of yourself as good have you never sinned? or that you have never done something wrong or shameful? Was  Christ not nailed to the cross for you so you would not have to go to hell? 

God is not harsh and quick to punish. Still no one knows if they have a tomorrow. You might find yourself before Christ today. Think what dangerous times we are living in right now.

Amen thanks Jesus for His Salvation.

• Thumbs Up 1