Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Just finished watching the Capitol seige and it's very chilling like. 

I cant fathom where people like that are mentally to set up a gallow for thr VP and take names and say theyre coming for those people.

Its so scary bc these people stromed in and werent stopped and took pictures of sensitive information and were just ready for whatever.

Im really worried for the future. 

I feel like I need to learn to shoot or something.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Fact is one should have gotten protection and started training and preparing a long time ago. With that said it shouldnt stop you if you feel the need to do so now, just keep in mind guns and ammo are in high demand right now-your selection in firearms maybe limited and ammo is next to impossible to come by 

If you decide to arm yourself dont just do it because everyone else is. Make an educated choice. Dont just go down and buy the first gun you see and throw it in the gun cabinet and forget about it.

Do your research. Find a gun that is both reliable but also suits you and your shooting style.

Once you get one TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN. A gun you do not know how to use properly is nothing more then a paper weight. Learn how to carry, handle, and use it safely. Familiarize yourself with city, state and federal gun laws and make sure your within the law.

Finally, ask yourself if your willing to tske another persons life in any circumstance. If the answer is no across the board, do not buy a gun for self defense. If your ever put on a situation where you need to use it but you don't then that gun will just be used against you.

Owning a gun for self defense is never a bad idea. I own several and i never leave the house without a gun. Never. But its also a responsibility, and not one to be taken lightly. Even if you buy a gun only for recreational means its a responsibility, not a toy. So dont just buy one because your scared...pray about it, research it, and if you decide to buy a quality piece and TRAIN. I cant emphasize that point enough. Be safe and responsible with it.

• Well Said! 2

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

32 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Fact is one should have gotten protection and started training and preparing a long time ago. With that said it shouldnt stop you if you feel the need to do so now, just keep in mind guns and ammo are in high demand right now-your selection in firearms maybe limited and ammo is next to impossible to come by 

If you decide to arm yourself dont just do it because everyone else is. Make an educated choice. Dont just go down and buy the first gun you see and throw it in the gun cabinet and forget about it.

Do your research. Find a gun that is both reliable but also suits you and your shooting style.

Once you get one TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN. A gun you do not know how to use properly is nothing more then a paper weight. Learn how to carry, handle, and use it safely. Familiarize yourself with city, state and federal gun laws and make sure your within the law.

Finally, ask yourself if your willing to tske another persons life in any circumstance. If the answer is no across the board, do not buy a gun for self defense. If your ever put on a situation where you need to use it but you don't then that gun will just be used against you.

Owning a gun for self defense is never a bad idea. I own several and i never leave the house without a gun. Never. But its also a responsibility, and not one to be taken lightly. Even if you buy a gun only for recreational means its a responsibility, not a toy. So dont just buy one because your scared...pray about it, research it, and if you decide to buy a quality piece and TRAIN. I cant emphasize that point enough. Be safe and responsible with it.

I dont know abt a gun just other items. I always thought about it. Like things like mace or a tazer or something bc Id take uber to work during early hours. I think Id leave it to just that when it comes to protection.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Did you notice the BLM/ Antifa riots that have been going on for months, or is it only the left wing narrative surrounding a single day, with news coverage that will probably last for months, that has captured your attention?  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Figure of eighty said:

I dont know abt a gun just other items. I always thought about it. Like things like mace or a tazer or something bc Id take uber to work during early hours. I think Id leave it to just that when it comes to protection.

same principle...if you carry a taser or mace...learn how to use it. If you dont know how to use it, it will be used against you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Just finished watching the Capitol seige and it's very chilling like. 

I cant fathom where people like that are mentally to set up a gallow for thr VP and take names and say theyre coming for those people.

Its so scary bc these people stromed in and werent stopped and took pictures of sensitive information and were just ready for whatever.

Im really worried for the future. 

I feel like I need to learn to shoot or something.

There was a whole lot of rioting in big cities all over the country last year. I'm wondering why people paid so little attention to that, but so much attention to the riot at the capitol.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

21 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

There was a whole lot of rioting in big cities all over the country last year. I'm wondering why people paid so little attention to that, but so much attention to the riot at the capitol.

Probably because it's gotten so much more adverse media attention.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,501
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Well, the only retort I have is; I learned my lesson from the last shortages and hoarding. It's better to have and not need; than need and not have. 

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Daily Bread said:

We will not get into God's kingdom by murder even if it is self defense. Many scriptures will tell you this.

Actually what you are saying is correct...but we also will not get into Gods kingdom with really anything we do or don't do on this planet. The only way we get in is by Gods grace and forgiveness.

So now that we establish that our works-or lackthereof arnt what gets us into heaven, we should also point out that self defense is not murder-and it is indeed allowed in the Bible. Do not quote the 10 commandments...where it says thou shalt not kill...well the hebrew word used there actually translates better as murder. There is a fine line, but in OT law and language as well as modern language, kill is a general term while murder is specific.

For example...lets say your driving down the highway...a semi truck veers into your lane and you swerve to avoid it and you strike a pedestrian and kill them. Was that murder? You certainly had no intent to hurt anyone, you were just reacting instinctively. But yet you still killed someone...by your logic, you just broke the 10 commandments.

Murder refers to something specific-a selfish act, to intentionally take someones life for selfish gain. Like what King David did to bathshebas husband. It was deliberate, and it was selfish. And God punished Him for it.

What God did not punish David for was killing Goliath, or any of the thousands of philistines attacking Israel. Why? Because God called David to defend His people. And the only way he could do that and not sin-was if killing was allowed in certain circumstances such as times of war. David was a warrior king, who killed-not murdered, thousands of people, and was described by God, as a man agter Gods own heart.

And self defense does not always include killing someone, in fact the vast majority of the time it does not. There are many, many non-lethal ways someone can defend themselves.

Modern Pacifism is not a Biblical trait, it is not found anywhere in the Bible. God is the source of peace...but you cannot have peace without justice, and you cannot have justice in this fallen world without violence.

Now im not advocating violence nor saying we should go around beating Christ into everyone, thats not our role our role is to love. But we also need to recognize that sometimes violence is necessary, and the proper aplication of such can be found in the Bible. And let us not forget...God will end this world violently. God is a loving God, but He is also a wrathful God. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

We should prepare with food and water; canned food, flour, bottled water, and other basic things.

Having some extra things ready to give to others as well. 

If someone comes to steal, we'll be ready to give them something instead of shoot them.

Knowing that those focused on Christ [Luke 6:27-49] will be protected by Christ, and will not die in a way He does not desire.