• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

Watching: Jeremiah 1:12  is present tense, not past tense. We are becoming what He proclaims us to be from the beginning. 

Amen.   Really like what you just said there.  I was only talking about creation in the beginning.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

10 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

You think the language God spoke when He said: "Let there be light" is irrelevant? How are we going to know what: "said" means if we do not define the word? We have very few words to work with in the First Chapter of Genesis, and I do not think any of the original Hebrew words are irrelevant. 

Are you just looking for some kind of argument.  Whatever language he used, it translates to English as let there be light.    Whoever wrote Genesis used Hebrew to express it and we translated it into English so everyone could understand.   The term Big Bang is used in science to reflect on the theory that everything came from a single point and in micro milliseconds expanded into the known universe....   it relates to much more than just sound.

So the universe coming from a single point which is basically nothing to its existence came from nothing to existence and God is the only entity that I know that has the authority and power to do that.

So when God said, "Let there be light" a whole series of things happened that basically formed the universe from nothing.  Modern science refers to this as the Big Bang theory.   That is what this thread is all about.

So what caused the Big Bang; God saying, "Let there be light."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

8 minutes ago, other one said:

Are you just looking for some kind of argument.  Whatever language he used, it translates to English as let there be light.    Whoever wrote Genesis used Hebrew to express it and we translated it into English so everyone could understand.   The term Big Bang is used in science to reflect on the theory that everything came from a single point and in micro milliseconds expanded into the known universe....   it relates to much more than just sound.

So the universe coming from a single point which is basically nothing to its existence came from nothing to existence and God is the only entity that I know that has the authority and power to do that.

So when God said, "Let there be light" a whole series of things happened that basically formed the universe from nothing.  Modern science refers to this as the Big Bang theory.   That is what this thread is all about.

So what caused the Big Bang; God saying, "Let there be light."

Well, except that the "Big Bang" set of suppositions omits God, has a drastically different timescale from the Bible, and a drastically different order of events.  It also cannot account for the formation of the first stars, nor for the fact that some planets spin in opposite directions (this would be contrary to the conservation of angular momentum), etc..

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  0

And yet they keep coming up with theories to get around it...

"

According to the theory of inflation, the Universe:

• was once dominated by a large amount of energy,
  • similar to dark energy, but much greater in magnitude,
  • that caused the Universe to expand at an exponential rate,
  • where it became cold and empty, except for the energy inherent to the inflationary field,
  • and then, at some moment, after expanding like this for an indeterminate, possibly very long or even infinite, amount of time, that inflationary field decayed,
  • converting almost all of that energy into matter and radiation,

which triggered and began the hot Big Bang." ...https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2021/08/25/how-small-was-the-universe-at-the-start-of-the-big-bang/?sh=1112d105f799

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

9 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen.   Really like what you just said there.  I was only talking about creation in the beginning.

Isaiah 46:10 "I declare the end from the beginning, and ancient times from what is still to come. I say, 'My purpose will stand, and all My good pleasure I will accomplish.'"

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 8/29/2022 at 6:28 AM, David1701 said:

Well, except that the "Big Bang" set of suppositions omits God, has a drastically different timescale from the Bible, and a drastically different order of events.  It also cannot account for the formation of the first stars, nor for the fact that some planets spin in opposite directions (this would be contrary to the conservation of angular momentum), etc..

I'm sorry I wasn't clear about all that. I am not an old earth person. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

22 hours ago, other one said:

I'm sorry I wasn't clear about all that. I am not an old earth person. 

:thumbs_up:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

Well, except that the "Big Bang" set of suppositions omits God

Nope. First discovered by a Catholic priest.

has a drastically different timescale from the Bible

A drastically different timescale from some people's interpretation of the Bible.

It also cannot account for the formation of the first stars

But it does...

https://www.universetoday.com/10050/how-did-the-first-stars-form/

nor for the fact that some planets spin in opposite directions (this would be contrary to the conservation of angular momentum)

Only if there were never any collisions in the formation of the solar system.   Most simulations of the formation of the solar system produce such differences.

Our spacecraft have visited rocky asteroids and icy comets to collect invaluable data about the origin of the Solar System. And the orbits of Kuiper Belt Objects—tiny worlds far from the Sun—reveal that our planetary system had a terrifically violent past, when giant planets changed their orbits, wreaking gravitational havoc.

https://www.calacademy.org/explore-science/simulating-solar-system-formation

Edited by The Barbarian

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

3 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

our planetary system had a terrifically violent past, when giant planets changed their orbits, wreaking gravitational havoc.

It may appear that way because it is all so complicated for us to understand. But there is extream precision to the Universe and everything God does. Just as the justice of God is absolute and perfect. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

9 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

t may appear that way because it is all so complicated for us to understand.

It appears that way, because that is what the evidence shows.   Why not just let it be the way He did it?

To man's eyes, natural processes like the formation  of solar systems, or storms may seem complicated, but it's all divine providence.

Just trust Him.  That's all you need to do.

Edited by The Barbarian