• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

4 minutes ago, Diaste said:

Not even if they built a stairway to the stars could that happen.

And there are signs that again Babylon will attempt this. It did not go well the first time. They were scattered and then the holy ones that sinned (psalm 82) were indicted for not taking care of their charges and just produced the pantheons that are still with us today. 

As Solomon said: 'There is nothing new under the sun'.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 hours ago, Frits said:

Bro Josheb,

Your statement that the Most High does not dwell in what is made with hands, comes from the Bible. (Act.7: 48)
I therefore fully agree with your statement on this point.

But I have wondered why you wrote the second part of this sentence?

"...even righteous acts can be filthy rags to The Most High."

But you will probably be able to give a Bible text as an example for your claim, that somewhere a righteous act is classified by 'The Most High' as "filty rags".

Or not?

God bless you.

Is. 64:6 (NKJVS)  But we are all like an unclean thing,  And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags;  We all fade as a leaf,  And our iniquities, like the wind,  Have taken us away.

1 minute ago, Josheb said:

I probably will ;)

Isaiah 64:6 KJV
"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."

Isaiah 64:6 NAS
"For all of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment; And all of us wither like a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, take us way." 

Isaiah 64:6 ESV
"We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away."

Isaiah 64:6 NIV 
"All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away."

I beat you to it! Pay attention.

LOL

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  1,270
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Josheb said:

First, Ezekiel's temple is a vision. It is not real.

Yes, it was a vision. Many prophets had visions. What's your point?

Second, Ezekiel's temple has no roof. Compare Ezekiel's description to other OT descriptions and you'll find those descriptions are not only specific but include height, not just width and length. I'll wager the temple supposedly being currently planned by the Jews has a roof on it. It will not be the temple descried by Ezekiel. 

Ezekiel's description is very specific. It details not only size, but windows, ornaments, rooms, chambers....etc. You cannot have these without roofs. 

"Second, Ezekiel's temple has no roof"...... 

Well now, you go ahead and prove this with scripture. 

Lastly, and perhaps most important, if the temple of Ezekiel were actually built consume the entire city of Jerusalem. 

This is speaking about the allotment of land that is the Lord's portion. The Temple will be within this allotment. The Temple is described in Ezekiel 40-45.

Ezekiel 40:2..... 'He brought me to the land of Israel and set me on a very high mountain...... and to the south there was a structure like a city"

So yes.....it is enormous.

So, yeah, my earlier statement is true. 

There isn't a single scripture stating another temple will be built, there isn't a single prophesy stating any such event will happen.

Ezekiel says otherwise. His description covers 5 chapters.

If you are arguing about another temple being built before the 70th week of Daniel or during the 70th week, a place for the antichrist to take his seat in...... then I agree, there won't be this temple. But all you ever stated was....." There isn't a single scripture stating another temple will be built, there isn't a single prophesy stating any such event will happen.

This statement is not true.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  409
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/25/1961

4 hours ago, Alive said:

Is. 64:6 (NKJVS)  But we are all like an unclean thing,  And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags;  We all fade as a leaf,  And our iniquities, like the wind,  Have taken us away.

Hi Alive,
A brother's help is always welcome.  Thank you for mentioning Isa. 64:6.  Indeed, Isaiah speaks of a disposable garment, "filthy rags".
In addition, I notice that the prophet identifies himself with his people and makes supplication for them!
The reason for this is the conclusion of chapter 63, in which Isaiah describes the situation of the people of God:

'Jes 63:19 KJV We are thine: thou never barest rule over them; they were not called by thy name.'

In other words, Israel had become like the Gentiles and committed idolatry!  After all, this was the reason that Israel was taken into captivity to Babylon.  (This aside)

The fact that the prophet writes down his precious prophecies and puts on paper his prayer to God for the unwilling people of Israel, does not mean that God disapproves of any act of righteousness. On the contrary.
But it is no more than a conclusion of Isaiah that Israel has often forsaken the way of righteousness (v5), and therefore God's protection disappeared.

Isaiah was not a Calvinist theologian who here formulates the original sin theory that all people are and remain unsound!
That is not possible at all, because he had written in chapter 60:

'Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.' (Isa.60:21)

How will the Most High God do that?  By the grace of His Son Jesus Christ.
He who accepts the remission of sins through the blood of Christ Jesus, his sins are forgiven and may call himself a righteous person: s/he is now born of God. Hallelujah!
The ancient people of God were carnal and, despite circumcision, the Torah, and the temple, could not receive the glory of God.  Israel according to the flesh was born of flesh and could not please God!
Israel in spirit, is born of God and therefore consists of only righteous people.  (please read Jh.3:6, Gal.3:29) To this holy people of the Lord Jesus Christ, Isa.60:21 refers, that is His Church.
People who love the truth and follow the Lord Jesus wherever He goes, not in "filthy rags" but in immaculate fine linen.  For their garment of righteousness was woven by the righteous deeds that these people were able to do.

Rev.19:8 KJV 'And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.'

May God bless you.

26 minutes ago, Josheb said:

I probably will ;)

Isaiah 64:6 KJV
"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."

Isaiah 64:6 NAS
"For all of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment; And all of us wither like a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, take us way." 

Isaiah 64:6 ESV
"We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away."

Isaiah 64:6 NIV 
"All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away."

Hi Alive / Josheb,
A brother's help is always welcome.  Thank you for mentioning Isa. 64:6.  Indeed, Isaiah speaks of a disposable garment, "filthy rags".
In addition, I notice that the prophet identifies himself with his people and makes supplication for them!
The reason for this is the conclusion of chapter 63, in which Isaiah describes the situation of the people of God:

'Jes 63:19 KJV We are thine: thou never barest rule over them; they were not called by thy name.'

In other words, Israel had become like the Gentiles and committed idolatry!  After all, this was the reason that Israel was taken into captivity to Babylon.  (This aside)

The fact that the prophet writes down his precious prophecies and puts on paper his prayer to God for the unwilling people of Israel, does not mean that God disapproves of any act of righteousness. On the contrary.
But it is no more than a conclusion of Isaiah that Israel has often forsaken the way of righteousness (v5), and therefore God's protection disappeared.

Isaiah was not a Calvinist theologian who here formulates the original sin theory that all people are and remain unsound!
That is not possible at all, because he had written in chapter 60:

'Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.' (Isa.60:21)

How will the Most High God do that?  By the grace of His Son Jesus Christ.
He who accepts the remission of sins through the blood of Christ Jesus, his sins are forgiven and may call himself a righteous person: s/he is now born of God. Hallelujah!
The ancient people of God were carnal and, despite circumcision, the Torah, and the temple, could not receive the glory of God.  Israel according to the flesh was born of flesh and could not please God!
Israel in spirit, is born of God and therefore consists of only righteous people.  (please read Jh.3:6, Gal.3:29) To this holy people of the Lord Jesus Christ, Isa.60:21 refers, that is His Church.
People who love the truth and follow the Lord Jesus wherever He goes, not in "filthy rags" but in immaculate fine linen.  For their garment of righteousness was woven by the righteous deeds that these people were able to do.

Rev.19:8 KJV 'And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.'

May God bless you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  1,270
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Josheb said:

If we read the Ezekiel verse you just quoted using what other scripture states it reads: heaven is the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet is earth

Not a temple made of stone. 

But wait, there's more! 

Yes indeed....there is more.

All you have done is cherry-picked a portion of a verse. 

For shame!

Here is Ezekiel's  verse:

"He said to me, "Son of man, this is the place of My Throne and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell among the sons of Israel forever. And the house of Israel will not again defile My Holy Name....."

This is speaking about the millennium reign of Jesus. 

Yes, He will dwell in the land FOREVER, among His people. 

12 hours ago, Josheb said:

And, Joe, if you do nothing more than again repeat yourself I'll ignore the post. 

Pffffft..... Whatev!

A cupola thoughts:

1. there is little to no doubt that when Jesus answered the disciples and told them not one stone would be left on another that He referred to 70AD.

2. the rest depends on how we read the first three verses of Rev.

Rev. 1:1 (NAS95S)    The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, 2 who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.

We all should be at least intellectually honest enough, to admit that a far future rendering of what follows, may be a wrong interpretation.

3. What does 'add' or 'take away' mean?

Rev. 22:18 (MOUNCE-NT) I bear witness to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone should add to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book; 19 and if anyone should take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are described in this book.

24 minutes ago, Josheb said:

What's the topic of discussion?

It's very special that subjects that seem very different are so interrelated: From the construction of a Temple, to a dwelling place of God in the spirit. (Eph.2:22)
And you have to be a righteous person to qualify for that ...?

I don't see definitive scripture indicating that a 3rd temple needs to be built to fulfill anything. Jesus said:

Matt. 24:15 (MOUNCE-NT) “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation’ spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),

He said that before the 'New Covenant' was established. Correct?

Since Pentecost and His judgement of Jerusalem, the temple and 'that' generation--we the Body of Christ have been the 'temple' where God dwells and a Holy Priesthood to boot.

How then, if a 3rd temple were to be built--which is possible--, it have a 'holy place' from God's perspective?

Seems to me that these points require some re-evaluation. It does for myself.

• Thumbs Up 1