IGNORED

I have just left a nonbeliever forum.

Guest clancy

I believe it was the right thing to do, took me a long time to leave.

it just didn’t feel right anymore, they are so much in the world,..I’m not supposed to yolk myself to non believers am I?

i did evangelise a lot on that site, but the hatred became too strong....I felt they wanted me burnt at the stake!!.

Edited by clancy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  907
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,650
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, clancy said:

it just didn’t feel right anymore, they are so much in the world,..I’m not supposed to yolk myself to non believers am I?

i did evangelise a lot on that site, but the hatred became too strong....I felt they wanted me burnt at the stake!!.

in the world not of the world

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, clancy said:

Perhaps the Holy Spirit lead you away from the unbelievers forum. There is not place for us there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,092
  • Content Per Day:  9.73
  • Days Won:  149

1 hour ago, clancy said:

I can relate I think. The sites I was on were not expressly anti-Christian it was just the mentality had non christian written all over it.

One site was violin training site and I'm trying to play so I was on the the site as a paid customer.  I would post  christian music links on the site occasionally and some stuff I did that was Christian in the forum section of the site. I didn't bug them to death, yet they knew I was a believer. Some people liked it but I never heard anything about any of it from the site owner. Then the other day I noticed she posted a violin piece where she played along to a song that featured monks of a Buddhist temple chanting. I don't know what happened. I have never cancelled an account so fast in my life. lol.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, clancy said:

When Jesus sent the disciples out he did tell them that if no one received them then they should just shake the dust off their feet and leave. Similarly what you've said makes me think about the warning about casting pearls before swine. If it was a consistently hostile environment then your efforts might be spent elsewhere. It's not about leaving just because of the presence about nonbelievers. When we cut ties with worldly people it's because they've been hostile and unreceptive and/or our association with them might cause us to stumble in our own walk with God.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

5 hours ago, clancy said:

You remember what Jesus said about giving pearls to swine: 

Do not give dogs what is holy; and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under foot and turn to attack you. Matt 7:6 RSV

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

22 hours ago, clancy said:

1) You're not alone, you could have asked me, and I'd have joined you there.

2) Yes, Jesus sent us two-by-two for some situations to avoid the burnout you experienced.

3) Mediate on 2 Tim 2:24-26 before returning to that site

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

23 hours ago, clancy said:

I’m not supposed to yolk myself to non believers am I?

This referrs to marrying someone, not to being on forums, membership of clubs, working in nonchristian firms or having non Christian friends.

Many forums are hostile to Christianity, if you are posting on such a forum, two things to remember.

1/ that your email and identity used to gain entry to the forum are burnable. I'd you can use and discard that cannot be used to trace you.

2/ follow the rules of that forum and use them, if the forum moderators will not enforce the rules leave and abandon that email etc.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,822
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/3/2021 at 10:45 AM, clancy said:

Here's what you have to remember. On those anti-Christ, anti-God, and anti-Bible forums, you aren't combatting people who merely don't believe.   You are combatting the devil.  It's his forum.  These people are militant and will eat you alive.

Most Christians in their sincerity to evangelize to the them do not recognize the depths of hate and rage on those forums. I have ALWAYS advised Christians to stay away from those forums.

Oh, and the not yoking yourself to nonbelievers?  That about getting married - not trying  to evangelize.  There is no way on earth that you were yoked to them.   A yoke is a device that goes over the heads of two oxen or mules so that they can pull in concert together.  It's a device for working together.

That has nothing to do with evangelism.

But you should stay away from the cess pool of the anti-Christ forums as they are more wicked and evil than one can imagine.  Pray for them, but do not engage the devil.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I believe it was commendable that you attempted to reach others with the christian message of good news.  Unfortunately, I believe that many will be, if not outright hostile toward it, at least non accepting.  I'm sorry that you felt more of the hostility than simple non-interest.  Again, you tried.  That's really all we can, or are asked, to do.  It is up to God to touch those seeds with His spirit so that they may grow into something larger than ourselves.  Trust in Him.  He is always in control.