Beppybuva

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Who am I?  If I die to Christ then what is left?  Who are we at our core?  We are made anew in Christ. So none of my past experiences, relationships, etc. make me who I am?  What’s left?  Am I just this person that worships God and reads the Bible and that’s it?  

I feel glib. Not sure who I am. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Being a new man in Christ does not remove the memories of who we once were.  All it means is that your hearts desire has changed to following Christ and not sin.  You will find that God can use you past life to minister to others, as you mature in Him.  I know He has done so with me, and many other Christians I have met in life, when I come across someone who is currently going through what I went through.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,654
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

11 minutes ago, Beppybuva said:

Who am I?  If I die to Christ then what is left?  Who are we at our core?  We are made anew in Christ. So none of my past experiences, relationships, etc. make me who I am?  What’s left?  Am I just this person that worships God and reads the Bible and that’s it?  

In Christ you are a priest of God (Revelation 1:6 / Revelation 5:10 / 1 Peter 2:3-9) called to ministry (2 Peter 1:10 / Ephesians 4:4 / 1 Corinthians 1:26) according to your own unique gifts of the spirit (1 Corinthians 14:1).  ← find out what those are and go get 'em, tiger!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  2

41 minutes ago, Beppybuva said:

At a deeper level, I believe that God made us all as unique creations meant to reflect His glory in some way unique to us.  In one sense, we are each individual works of art being crafted by God.  Often, the transforming work of Christ in our lives is considered only in terms of eliminating sin, increasing holiness, eternal life, and being busy doing ministry.  However, I think there is something deeper than that which we often miss.  

I spent the first thirty or so years of my Christian walk focused on worrying about what God wanted me to do.  Then for a season of a year or so, He put me into a figurative desert away from most of those activities and put me in front of a figurative mirror.  I had no clue who I was.  I emerged from that desert realizing that God was more concerned about who I was rather than what I was busy doing for Him.  I had a much better sense of who He had made me to be.  I found that ministry starting flowing naturally out through my life rather than being something I had to strain and labor at.  I went from defining my value as person from how much fruit I could bear to being who God made me to be.  I went from seeing my gifts and talents as a definition of who I was to seeing them as tools to be used.

One author who delves into this idea in depth is John Eldredge.   One of his books, ``Waking the Dead'' gets into these ideas.  

• Thumbs Up 3

• Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

5 minutes ago, GandalfTheWise said:

At a deeper level, I believe that God made us all as unique creations meant to reflect His glory in some way unique to us.  In one sense, we are each individual works of art being crafted by God.  Often, the transforming work of Christ in our lives is considered only in terms of eliminating sin, increasing holiness, eternal life, and being busy doing ministry.  However, I think there is something deeper than that which we often miss.  

I spent the first thirty or so years of my Christian walk focused on worrying about what God wanted me to do.  Then for a season of a year or so, He put me into a figurative desert away from most of those activities and put me in front of a figurative mirror.  I had no clue who I was.  I emerged from that desert realizing that God was more concerned about who I was rather than what I was busy doing for Him.  I had a much better sense of who He had made me to be.  I found that ministry starting flowing naturally out through my life rather than being something I had to strain and labor at.  I went from defining my value as person from how much fruit I could bear to being who God made me to be.  I went from seeing my gifts and talents as a definition of who I was to seeing them as tools to be used.

One author who delves into this idea in depth is John Eldredge.   One of his books, ``Waking the Dead'' gets into these ideas.  

I can relate to and appreciate how 'uniqueness' and 'speciality' in that sense flows to what you have described in experience.

My own version of this 'desert', was coming to grips with my being a total failure of who I thought I was to be and then discovering the fathomless depths of His Love, Grace and Mercy...Part 1

:-)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, Alive said:

My own version of this 'desert', was coming to grips with my being a total failure of who I thought I was to be and then discovering the fathomless depths of His Love, Grace and Mercy...Part 1

Looking forward to part 2... :)

Be blessed in your relationship with Him..

A fellow believer, Not me 

• Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

35 minutes ago, Not me said:

Looking forward to part 2... :)

Be blessed in your relationship with Him..

A fellow believer, Not me 

Really--part two is ongoing and comes down to realizing that although my shortcomings have been and are significant and my faithfulness intermittent--He is sufficient and regardless uses His tools as He sees fit--without fail. The power of a New Life and His purposes are realized. Put another way or to add---coming to grips with the reality of an earthen vessel in light of His awesome power and purpose. I used to think I was something special. I had to realize I wasn't in order to know that I am.

The desert is not such a bad place to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Alive said:

Really--part two is ongoing and comes down to realizing that although my shortcomings have been and are significant and my faithfulness intermittent--He is sufficient and regardless uses His tools as He sees fit--without fail. The power of a New Life and His purposes are realized. Put another way or to add---coming to grips with the reality of an earthen vessel in light of His awesome power and purpose. I used to think I was something special. I had to realize I wasn't in order to know that I am.

The desert is not such a bad place to be.

Sounds like part 2 is going to be more glorious and fruitful than part 1...

Be blessed in the increase that is yours in Christ Jesus.... 

A fellow believer, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Are you a child of God or are you a creation of God? 

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Beppybuva said:

You are the one who did for the "least of these".

Matthew 25

" 40And the King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me.’ "