• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Whyme said:

Thanks, I have been praying

I could also pray with you for you if you want.

Peace to you, M.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Start with Ephesians 6. 

Ephesians 6:10-19 ESV
"...be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.  Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.  Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,  and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.  In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;  and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,  praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,  and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel..."

It helps to know the nature of the fight. There is only one thing that can defeat us: ourselves. Satan is an already-defeated enemy. Note what Paul wrote: he said the shield of faith extinguishes all the "flaming darts of the evil one." James said all we need to is resist the devil and he'll flee. So ask yourself, "What kind of enemy is it really who runs away everytime I resist him and whose every machination I can put out?"

We are saved by grace. 

We are saved by grace through faith. No matter what happens in our lives our job is to believe God. Everything else falls rightly into place when we believe God. It isn't just bad things that can derail our faith; good things can divert us just as easily. An idol is anything in our life that takes the place of God so one of the tools of victory is our keeping God as God and not just another god. 

If you come to the end of your life and you have believed then you have won. 

So, in addition to what Paul wrote about the "armor of God" it is critical that we maintain our "spiritual disciplines." They are Church attendance/fellowship, Bible reading/contemplation, prayer/meditation, giving, service, evangelism, etc. Faith and love are both things we do and those who don't do what they are supposed to do should not expect a victorious life. 

It is all built on a single reality: Jesus is the power of God. 

1 Corinthians 1:18, 24
"For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God........ to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God."

How does one fight a spiritual battle? 

With Jesus. 

He was warm and fuzzy the first time around. The next time around that bloody mess is taking names. Some for eternal life and others for eternal destruction. You keep him on your side and you won't have to worry about the battle.

Thanks. I been telling myself and praying that I not worry about tomorrow, and that God is my helper and what he gives is enough. And to have patience as well

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Have you considered what Isaiah 58 tells us @Whyme?  There is a lot there that pertains to our walk in Him and faith while battling the spiritual fight.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 3/2/2021 at 12:04 AM, Whyme said:

How does one fight the darkness within oneself? By putting on the light of Christ I guess. The Lord is good.

I would think they fight that fight through submitting to what is actually good rather than what is easy or "feels" good. The desires of the mind and flesh can be contrary to what GOD desires for us at any GOD given moment. With prayer and active conscious focus on the things of GOD we can be equiped to both see deception; and win against it.

A very good topic, and you've brought up some solid points. Thank you.

peace

On 4/3/2021 at 12:58 PM, Marlene S said:

I could also pray with you for you if you want.

Peace to you, M.

Thank you, yes please do.

On 4/3/2021 at 1:06 PM, OneLight said:

Have you considered what Isaiah 58 tells us @Whyme?  There is a lot there that pertains to our walk in Him and faith while battling the spiritual fight.

I'll read up on that Isaiah chapter today.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, popsthebuilder said:

I would think they fight that fight through submitting to what is actually good rather than what is easy or "feels" good. The desires of the mind and flesh can be contrary to what GOD desires for us at any GOD given moment. With prayer and active conscious focus on the things of GOD we can be equiped to both see deception; and win against it.

A very good topic, and you've brought up some solid points. Thank you.

peace

Thank you as well. My thanks to everyone who posted.

On 4/3/2021 at 1:06 PM, OneLight said:

I read the scripture and yes i have considered it in the past, thank you for the reminder.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 3/2/2021 at 1:40 AM, Whyme said:

How does one fight spiritual warfare and is spiritual warfare the same as fighting the good fight of faith? 

Fight the good fight of faith is to battle for the unity of the Holy Spirit (Eph 4:3-6):

• "endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, even as you are called in one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in you all." (Eph 4:3-6);
  • "Having made all haste to write to you about the common salvation, beloved, I had need to write to you to exhort you to contend earnestly for the faith once delivered to the saints." (Jud 1:3).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Spiritual battle/ warfare usually takes place in the supernatural, for we are not fighting against flesh and blood, but against spiritual wickedness in high places. I believe that even if we do not see spiritual warfare happening, when our Souls have been saved and redeemed in Christ, we will be attacked in the supernatural and when we call on our LORD, He will stand with us against the gates of hell.

Prayer is our weapon, it truly is the Sword of the Spirit and it works. Your mouth and the words that are written upon your heart will be your ammo against the evil ones.

We also have warfare in the physical with attacks on our faith and family members. When we see these things we must prayer against them. Prayer is very powerful. I have seen it at work. The Sword of the Spirit really destroys demons.

The good fight of faith is something completely different because it only involves you and your belief, what is in your heart. Faith is given to us in a small measure and as Followers of Christ Jesus we need to increase our Faith and that is a great challenge.

Would you not want to have the faith of the mustard seed, or have your Faith increase to the level where you can tell the mountain to move and it does?

The fight is to keep your faith and increase it with prayer, meditation, fellowship with Christ Jesus and study. I also believe that you have to continually prayer for your faith to increase. The LORD will increase your faith. The good fight is battling with the distractions of the world that separate us away from worshipping our LORD. The worldly things are a great distraction and can lead us away with physical and worldly concerns. Family, jobs, finance, family, your life-stuff....

The good fight is between you and your walk against the ever consuming things of your life in the world. We can overcome and pray that your faith be increased.... always.

Peace and Love in Christ Jesus, M.

Edited by Marlene S
  • Thumbs Up 1