Peterlag

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

I see the "sin nature" as something that existed before Jesus Christ destroyed it when the spirit of Christ came within the believer. This spirit is indeed a life form that is in all Christians and it seems to me one cannot understand and therefore function or be in the spirit if our old nature (which is dead) thinks in it's unrenewed mind that it suppose to be fighting against the new nature. Paul wrote in Galatians 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:" That's what I'm talking about. I now understand being in Christ is being in the spirit and neither of them (in Christ or in the spirit) has anything to do with the darn flesh. It now seems perfectly clear to walk in the spirit is the same as putting on the Lord Jesus Christ.

And so in my mind the 4 verses below fit perfectly. Every single person I know has told me about Romans 7 when I tell them I do not believe Paul taught about a "sin nature" for the Christian. What Paul talks about in the seventh chapter of Romans is what occurs to the believer who still thinks the Law applies to them. They end up spiritually dying by the commandment and realize that the commandment does not produce life. The war is with their flesh because they are still believing the Law has power over them. In the eighth chapter of Romans is where it explains how we overcome this whole issue by living in the spirit and being dead to the Law. We cannot live by faith in what Christ has done for us and still think our obedience to written laws are necessary. To do so takes away from the perfect work of Christ and places salvation and righteousness back in our own hands.

Romans 6:2
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Romans 6:6
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Galatians 5:16,18
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,234
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hi Peter.. If I don't? Man I am in REAL trouble haha. Praise God glory to Jesus that I am righteous (not what your asking ) because I believe in Jesus. So yeah.. new man which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. So what is the old man then? Yeah not longer I that sin but the sin that is in me. Only once in my life the lord was showing me something did I experience that battle of flesh and spirit. VERY real. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

What Jesus gave us at salvation is a way out of sinning, but never removed us from our flesh, so we are still tempted to sin.

1 Corinthians 10:12-13

Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.  No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,016
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, Peterlag said:

I see the "sin nature" as something that existed before Jesus Christ destroyed it when the spirit of Christ came within the believer. This spirit is indeed a life form that is in all Christians and it seems to me one cannot understand and therefore function or be in the spirit if our old nature (which is dead) thinks in it's unrenewed mind that it suppose to be fighting against the new nature. Paul wrote in Galatians 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:" That's what I'm talking about. I now understand being in Christ is being in the spirit and neither of them (in Christ or in the spirit) has anything to do with the darn flesh. It now seems perfectly clear to walk in the spirit is the same as putting on the Lord Jesus Christ.

And so in my mind the 4 verses below fit perfectly. Every single person I know has told me about Romans 7 when I tell them I do not believe Paul taught about a "sin nature" for the Christian. What Paul talks about in the seventh chapter of Romans is what occurs to the believer who still thinks the Law applies to them. They end up spiritually dying by the commandment and realize that the commandment does not produce life. The war is with their flesh because they are still believing the Law has power over them. In the eighth chapter of Romans is where it explains how we overcome this whole issue by living in the spirit and being dead to the Law. We cannot live by faith in what Christ has done for us and still think our obedience to written laws are necessary. To do so takes away from the perfect work of Christ and places salvation and righteousness back in our own hands.

Romans 6:2
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Romans 6:6
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Galatians 5:16,18
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Are you of the belief that as a Christian you do not and cannot sin?

4 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Hi Peter.. If I don't? Man I am in REAL trouble haha. Praise God glory to Jesus that I am righteous (not what your asking ) because I believe in Jesus. So yeah.. new man which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. So what is the old man then? Yeah not longer I that sin but the sin that is in me. Only once in my life the lord was showing me something did I experience that battle of flesh and spirit. VERY real. 

We undergo a miraculous exchange at the center of our being once we have the spirit of Christ. Who we were in Adam is no longer there. We become a new person because we are now a child of God who is in Christ.

The key event causing this exchange is a death, burial, and resurrection with Christ. This miraculous exchange is not figurative or symbolic, but literal and actual.

The spiritual part of every Christian has literally and actually been crucified, buried, and raised with Christ. The fact that this occurs spiritually and not physically doesn’t make it any less real.

So what happens to the old self that was in Adam? The old self is entirely obliterated once the spirit of Christ enters the Christian.

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

Are you of the belief that as a Christian you do not and cannot sin?

Yes... I believe the following Scripture.

1 John 3 & 5
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  1

@Peterlag

Do We Still Have A Sin Nature

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That would depend on what you would consider the sin nature?

If by the sin nature you mean the body that we still live in with it’s desire towards sin, than yes that desire towards sin is still very much alive... But this is where our salvation in Christ comes in... This body with it’s desire towards sin is not dead, but we have died to it.. Meaning, we died, not this body with it’s desire towards sin...

If by faith one grabs unto their death in Christ, one will find themselves being set free from sin..  For sin has not died, but we have died to it...

For as scripture says; he that has died is freed from sin...

This truth tasted even to a small degree will bring forth fruit and that fruit will grow to control the whole life...

Hope this helps..

In Christ, a fellow believer, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

3 hours ago, Peterlag said:

Yes... I believe the following Scripture.

1 John 3 & 5
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not.

Yet John also wrote to Christians in 1 john1:8, if we say we don't sin we decide ourselves and the truth is not in us.

We are not perfect and while Jesus has changed us we are still in a world where we are tempted and we often fail, which is why verse 9 goes on to tell us God will forgive us.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

7 hours ago, Not me said:

@Peterlag

Do We Still Have A Sin Nature

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That would depend on what you would consider the sin nature?

If by the sin nature you mean the body that we still live in with it’s desire towards sin, than yes that desire towards sin is still very much alive... But this is where our salvation in Christ comes in... This body with it’s desire towards sin is not dead, but we have died to it.. Meaning, we died, not this body with it’s desire towards sin...

If by faith one grabs unto their death in Christ, one will find themselves being set free from sin..  For sin has not died, but we have died to it...

For as scripture says; he that has died is freed from sin...

This truth tasted even to a small degree will bring forth fruit and that fruit will grow to control the whole life...

Hope this helps..

In Christ, a fellow believer, Not me 

@Not me You write well. Glad someone else sees what I see.