• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,620
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

6 hours ago, Josheb said:

And the question asked still hasn't been answered. 

Where does scripture state a third physical temple of stone will be built? 

If such a verse exists then just post it. Prove me wrong. If not then acknowledge the absence of silence of scripture. 

Shalom, Josheb.

If I may, I believe that Yeshua` answered that question for you in Matthew 23:37-39:

Matthew 23:37-39 (KJV)

37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 

38"Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, 'Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.'"

Yeshua` was quoting from Psalm 118:26. Allow me to fill in the details with the verses around it:

Psalm 118:14-29 (KJV)

14 The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation (rescue; deliverance).
15 The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles (tents) of the righteous: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly.
16 The right hand of the LORD is exalted: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly.
17 I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.
18 The LORD hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death.
19 Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD:
20 This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter.
21 I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.
22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
23 This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Save now, I beseech thee (Hebrew: howshiy`aah na' = "Save/Rescue/Deliver-us now," transliterated as "hosanna" in Greek), O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD (the Temple).
27 God is the LORD, which hath shewed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar.
28 Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee.
29 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

The chain of events in this psalm says that this "blessing" ("welcome") will come out of the Temple. However, this "welcome" must come BEFORE Yeshua` returns, according to Yeshua` in Matthew 23:38, for He promised that the Jews of Jerusalem wouldn't see Him again until they could so welcome Him back. Thus, whether it fits within our way of thinking about the Sacrifice that Yeshua` made or not, such a Temple SHALL be built to fulfill this prophecy.

One may not accept this Temple to be a God-supported Temple, but it really doesn't have to be for God to use it to fulfill this prophecy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,680
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Josheb.

If I may, I believe that Yeshua` answered that question for you in Matthew 23:37-39:

Matthew 23:37-39 (KJV)

37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 

38"Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, 'Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.'"

Yeshua` was quoting from Psalm 118:26. Allow me to fill in the details with the verses around it:

Psalm 118:14-29 (KJV)

14 The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation (rescue; deliverance).
15 The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles (tents) of the righteous: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly.
16 The right hand of the LORD is exalted: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly.
17 I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.
18 The LORD hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death.
19 Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD:
20 This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter.
21 I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.
22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
23 This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Save now, I beseech thee (Hebrew: howshiy`aah na' = "Save/Rescue/Deliver-us now," transliterated as "hosanna" in Greek), O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD (the Temple).
27 God is the LORD, which hath shewed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar.
28 Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee.
29 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

The chain of events in this psalm says that this "blessing" ("welcome") will come out of the Temple. However, this "welcome" must come BEFORE Yeshua` returns, according to Yeshua` in Matthew 23:38, for He promised that the Jews of Jerusalem wouldn't see Him again until they could so welcome Him back. Thus, whether it fits within our way of thinking about the Sacrifice that Yeshua` made or not, such a Temple SHALL be built to fulfill this prophecy.

One may not accept this Temple to be a God-supported Temple, but it really doesn't have to be for God to use it to fulfill this prophecy.

Roy, I read this Psalm in a different way. This is, to me, completely Messianic and talks about His triumphal entry into Jerusalem. 

Charlie

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,620
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

39 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Roy, I read this Psalm in a different way. This is, to me, completely Messianic and talks about His triumphal entry into Jerusalem. 

Charlie

Shalom, Charlie.

You're not wrong; it certainly is Messianic, and in part, some of it WAS fulfilled in His "triumphal entry" into Yerushalayim, but remember, too, that only His disciples and the children welcomed Him that day! The Mashiyach ben Yosef (Messiah the son of Joseph) was REJECTED and KILLED to bring us God's Justification. But, Yeshua` shall return as Mashiyach ben Daviyd (Messiah the son of David) and shall TRULY have His triumphal entry into Yerushalayim, after He has defeated the enemies that will have come against His family, the children of Israel, who had called for His help, welcoming Him back as Yeshua` had said!

So, you're right in part, but, as the song goes, "there's a better day a-comin'!"

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,877
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Charlie

Hello Charlie, this is suspense you are telling that there is another way of looking at the Psalm at hand, the Messianic way.

Anxious to hear more...

Cordially 

YCF 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest kingdombrat

If we use the [ESV] we have a translator that clearly either puts a 3rd Temple into existence, or the {Son of Destruction} is sitting in peoples hearts (they're the 3rd temple).

After reading the Verse I am posting, I would think how it is read, this Verse clearly has Paul claiming there will be a physical Temple in place when this happens.

The great thing is, we know NERO never went to Israel for the 70 A.D. Destruction, and nor did Titus or his father [next Emperor of Rome] ever sit on God's Throne and claim they are God!

By Theory alone, that event in question has yet to happen.

So does 2 Thessalonians 2:1-17 mean "Physical Temple," or the human heart?

2 Thessalonians 2:1-17 ESV 

Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? ...

Guest kingdombrat
6 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Revelation 21:22
"I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple."

God's word proves that reading incorrect. In Acts 15 James is speaking about conditions that were then existing in his time as he spoke. Read it again. Acts 15:16-17 does not state a third temple of stone will be built. Acts 15:16-17 is revealed in Jn. 2:19-22, 1 Cor. 3:16 and Rev. 21:22. That is the temple God would build in fulfillment of all those prophesies. Acts 15:16-17 does not state a third temple of stone will be built. 

There is no Temple in the New Jerusalem!   We're discussing on Earth before this Earth is purified with Fire!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  500
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/19/2021 at 1:40 PM, missmuffet said:

Nothing that is in the book of Revelation has happened yet. The historical view of Revelation is dangerous. 

Revelation 22: 18-19

For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

There are some things in the book took place before the writing.  The appearance of Jesus to share with John what must come to pass has taken place.  The activity of the churches that are addressed has happened.  Most are yet to come but not everything.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

9 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Nowhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

If we conflate Daniel with a futurist idea, we run into many issues. We might look for stuff that is going to happen and not see that it has happened historically.

It might be a type, but that is hard to prove. Let us just use historicity and forget future conjecture based on a conflated past.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest kingdombrat
1 hour ago, Josheb said:

There is no temple on earth, either. 

Agreed!

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

THINK about that sentence. 

What, exactly, would it look like for the entire earth to literally be on fire? Do you understand how completely irrational a literal reading of those words is? Why capitalize "Earth" and "Fire? 

Many recent Theologians have considered Peter's description of the Current Earth Passing away as a renewing by Fire.   I haven't put much thought to it but it caught your attention.  Interesting!

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

Nowhere!

And that makes the mystery that much more alluring.   Because the Verses I posted have Paul claiming this BoogieMan sits on God's throne and claims to the [World] he is God.   We know Nero was in Rome during the Destruction of Jerusalem, we know Titus and his father led the Military, but nowhere in conquering the Jews and destroying the [Temple] is it written from Roman Historians, Greek Historians, Muslim Historians, Jewish Historians that someone sat on God's throne and claimed to be God for the [Entire World] to hear and know in that Moment of time!

That's rather specific what the BoogieMan is going to do on God's Throne.   And if this is [future] because it has not yet happened, where would God's Physical Throne be on Earth for the Boogieman to do his thing?