• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

We sing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus at Christ Mass services on Dec 25th. We have cake too.

Jesus gave us the greatest gift that anyone could ever receive so why not celebrate his birth (regardless of the correct date) by doing what he commanded us to do, Love eachother? I give gifts out of love, mostly hand made stuff. We show our love to God by loving eachother. That's why I celebrate Christ mass.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

If they moved christmas from dec. 25 to oct. 31 would you all still celebrate?

Not picking a fight...just wondering. :emot-questioned:

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

No, I don't agree with you M4, the golden calf was made out of ignorance and fear, but those who know the meanings and traditions behind the holiday of Christ mass are decided with knowledge that they still want to participate in this desecration using the Savior's Greek name.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok. Now I'm sure you are Lucy Van Pelt.

Some people like christmas because it is a time that family and friends come together, often from long distances. It's a time to remember the birth of Christ. I didn't even know it was a pagan holiday until I got in with you bitter legalistic lot. I did pick up on the consumer driven mammon fest, but since I dropped cable from my entertainment budget i don't have to worry about the cheesy commercials. I don't know of a community that does not have christmas carolers every year going around singing praises to the birth of our Savior. Stop your whining and sing. :36:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, you legalistic guys!!! :emot-handshake::noidea::wub::36:

(just kiddin') :emot-questioned:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

We sing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus at Christ Mass services on Dec 25th.  We have cake too.

Jesus gave us the greatest gift that anyone could ever receive so why not celebrate his birth (regardless of the correct date) by doing what he commanded us to do, Love eachother? 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The problem is that you are celebrating it in a pagan manner. You are misrepresenting the Almighty. He really, really does not like it when people do that.

I also celebrate the birth of out Messiah. I just don't do it on Dec. 25 or with a tree, st nick or any of the other trappings that go along with Christmas.

Its kinda weird. The same camp that says that every day is the sabbath in Messiah so we dont need to keep it on the 7th day (or any day) insists upon keeping the celebration of His birth on a pagan holiday which traditionally celebrated the birth of a pagan god. Truly mind boggling

f they moved christmas from dec. 25 to oct. 31 would you all still celebrate?

Not picking a fight...just wondering.

Please, ask away. I do understand that I come off as harsh at times but that is because I am very passionate about these things.

I would not celebrate anything on Oct 31 either. G-d gave us His moedim for a reason, we don't need to add more.

No, I don't agree with you M4, the golden calf was made out of ignorance and fear, but those who know the meanings and traditions behind the holiday of Christ mass are decided with knowledge that they still want to participate in this desecration using the Savior's Greek name.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some people like christmas because it is a time that family and friends come together, often from long distances. It's a time to remember the birth of Christ. I didn't even know it was a pagan holiday until I got in with you bitter legalistic lot. I did pick up on the consumer driven mammon fest, but since I dropped cable from my entertainment budget i don't have to worry about the cheesy commercials. I don't know of a community that does not have christmas carolers every year going around singing praises to the birth of our Savior. Stop your whining and sing. :36:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, you legalistic guys!!! :emot-handshake::noidea::wub::36:

(just kiddin') :emot-questioned:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:36:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Not picking a fight...just wondering. :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ever heard of all saints day? If we didn't have christian holidays to counter the pagan holidays, we would have a hard time explaining to our kids why pagans are allowed to have more fun. Let the kids be kids. They don't give a diddley about pagan nonsense. It sounds like some of you have forgotten what it's like to be a kid. :)

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some people like christmas because it is a time that family and friends come together, often from long distances. It's a time to remember the birth of Christ. I didn't even know it was a pagan holiday until I got in with you bitter legalistic lot. I did pick up on the consumer driven mammon fest, but since I dropped cable from my entertainment budget i don't have to worry about the cheesy commercials. I don't know of a community that does not have christmas carolers every year going around singing praises to the birth of our Savior. Stop your whining and sing. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, you legalistic guys!!! :(:):(:24:

(just kiddin') :24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, I'm not picking on you!

Just having a joke!

No offense. :)

Any one wh knows me will know that I hate offending anyone.

Not picking a fight...just wondering. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ever heard of all saints day? If we didn't have christian holidays to counter the pagan holidays, we would have a hard time explaining to our kids why pagans are allowed to have more fun. Let the kids be kids. They don't give a diddley about pagan nonsense. It sounds like some of you have forgotten what it's like to be a kid. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HOORAYY!!!

Yep, did I know that Christmas, the day of excitement, the day of celebration with my family, the laughter and the joy of opening prezzies with my older bro.s, and hugging them all...the fun of hanging up my stocking those years ago...(and still do...) :) ......would be a pagan festival.

Amen.

Let kids be kids.

If we shut up, then all that Pagan Info will go, and we can enjoy our lovely, hot turkey made by our most lovely mothers and family.... :(

Yomo :24:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Not picking a fight...just wondering. :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The same argument could be made of saving oneself for marriage, not using drugs, not getting hammered on alcohol, etc etc

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Not picking a fight...just wondering. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ever heard of all saints day? If we didn't have christian holidays to counter the pagan holidays, we would have a hard time explaining to our kids why pagans are allowed to have more fun. Let the kids be kids. They don't give a diddley about pagan nonsense. It sounds like some of you have forgotten what it's like to be a kid. :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The same argument could be made of saving oneself for marriage, not using drugs, not getting hammered on alcohol, etc etc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

huh? :)