• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,883
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Sometimes we can feel like our sin is worse than other's irrationally. I would be worried if you did not feel this conviction. But you do. God is still working in your heart to help you battle this sinful habit.

Do not go it alone. You need a strong Christian brother or sister (depending on your own gender) who can walk with you through this and help keep you honest and focused on battling the sin.

And of course pray and Bible study each day.

I am praying for you!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.96
  • Days Won:  10

I dont think its a sin but its very bad for your health and highly addictive. Some people have said its worse than heroin. Dont fret over sins but be worried for your health. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

12 hours ago, mmegan said:

I know that smoking is horrible, and I quit a long time ago. However, recently I picked it back up. The Holy Spirit  has been convicting me, However, I  still have been having a few  puffs here and there. Will I die spiritually if I don't stop asap? Thank you.

I believe you will find smoking is a sin. The Lord led me to quit smoking long ago. We can't have lasting peace till we repent of our sin, I don't  think.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

Why did you start smoking again?

No you don't have to post why here, but you do need to know why if you are to stop.

Smoking is addictive and in fighting addiction one has to deliberately stop each day.

Knowing the triggers that cause you to reach for a ciggeratte will help you to avoid those encitements to smoke.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

16 hours ago, mmegan said:

I know that smoking is horrible, and I quit a long time ago. However, recently I picked it back up. The Holy Spirit  has been convicting me, However, I  still have been having a few  puffs here and there. Will I die spiritually if I don't stop asap? Thank you.

Smoking cigarettes is not going to send you to hell. No more than a person having a drink of alcohol or having a cup of coffee is going to send them to hell. They are all drugs. If you have cut down how many cigarettes you smoke that is good. Most people smoke cigarettes because it helps their anxiety. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Smoking cigarettes is not going to send you to hell. No more than a person having a drink of alcohol or having a cup of coffee is going to send them to hell. They are all drugs. If you have cut down how many cigarettes you smoke that is good. Most people smoke cigarettes because it helps their anxiety. 

I believe you will find the Lord doesn't want us to smoke.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  98

We're not defiled by what we ingest into this body, we're defiled by what emerges from our hearts: lies, thefts, murders, slanders, libels, immoralities, and the like. The outside of the cup pales in significance before the inside of the cup. Is smoking therefore a sin? 

No, but if something defiles our conscience then we're encouraged to take heed. We ought to be mastered by nothing, but the suffering of the addict is very real and I'm convicted that Lord has regard and mercy for the one so afflicted. It's grieving that some are told that they'll "go to hell" because they smoke. Perhaps the one who passes judgment in such a way should examine themselves to see if they're in the faith? 

The lack of mercy and love comes from the heart, after all. Be a help and comfort to others, not an accuser. :)  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.54
  • Days Won:  12

14 hours ago, Whyme said:

I dont think its a sin but its very bad for your health and highly addictive. Some people have said its worse than heroin. Dont fret over sins but be worried for your health. 

Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit.  Poisoning that temple with highly addictive carcinogens (not to mention the effects of passive smoking on others) is definitely sin.  It is drug abuse and the Holy Spirit does not lead us to do such things.  It is a work of the flesh.

People who acknowledge their sin and want to be delivered from the toxic addiction, will be delivered, by the Lord (he could use means to do this, but I have heard of miraculous deliverance as well), forgiven and restored to closer fellowship with him.

I was in a prayer meeting once and sensed a blockage  to prayer.  I prayed silently for wisdom and the Lord showed me that one of the meeting was an unrepentant smoker.  I told this to the small group and one of them confessed that this was true.  He repented and we were able to pray freely.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.96
  • Days Won:  10

Just now, David1701 said:

Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit.  Poisoning that temple with highly addictive carcinogens (not to mention the effects of passive smoking on others) is definitely sin.  It is drug abuse and the Holy Spirit does not lead us to do such things.  It is a work of the flesh.

People who acknowledge their sin and want to be delivered from the toxic addiction, will be delivered, by the Lord (he could use means to do this, but I have heard of miraculous deliverance as well), forgiven and restored to closer fellowship with him.

I was in a prayer meeting once and sensed a blockage  to prayer.  I prayed silently for wisdom and the Lord showed me that one of the meeting was an unrepentant smoker.  I told this to the small group and one of them confessed that this was true.  He repented and we were able to pray freely.

Lots of things are bad for the health. Some foods are bad for us but paul says they are all legal. Jesus said its not what goes in the mouth that defiles but what comes out of the mouth that defiles.