• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, JustClay said:

It is insolent to be disrespectful before someone in authority over us, but it evil to be so disrespectful to our Lord and Savior that we deny Him and refuse His gift of salvation.

This is worthy of its own thread. Suffice to say before one can be in a authority over another, the other must first acknowledge the authority of the one. Only in such a manner can lordship be established. Lacking mutual acknowledgement, we don't have a lord. Rather, we have warlord - a completely different kind of relationship. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,305
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

10 hours ago, LearningToLetGo said:

Matthew 22:8-14

English Standard Version

8 Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding feast is ready, but those invited were not worthy. 9 Go therefore to the main roads and invite to the wedding feast as many as you find.’ 10 And those servants went out into the roads and gathered all whom they found, both bad and good. So the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11 “But when the king came in to look at the guests, he saw there a man who had no wedding garment. 12 And he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you get in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless. 13 Then the king said to the attendants, ‘Bind him hand and foot and cast him into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.”

My question relates to line 13:

Then the king said to the attendants, ‘Bind him hand and foot and cast him into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ 

Why gather people off the street (i.e. people "minding their own business", so to speak) then punish one of them for being improperly dressed?

Hi LearningToLetGo,

We always need to ask ourselves, "Who is speaking to whom?" And in God`s word we know that when Jesus was manifest on earth He came to His own, the nation of Israel. Thus in the parable of the `Wedding Feast,` we know that it is a celebration upon the earth, for the person without the wedding garment was in the feast. He couldn`t have gotten into heaven.

So the `Wedding feast` is representative of the time when the Lord will come again to the nation of Israel (after the trib,) and many Jews will receive Him. He is the bridegroom and they are invited to the feast. However many people of Israel will not be willing to receive the Lord, thus He is sending out to those `in the highways,` the Gentiles, to invite them to the feast.

And we see these Gentile nations being allowed into the millennial rule of Christ because they looked after `His brethren, the Jews.` (Matt. 25: 31 - 46,  Joel 3: 1 & 2)  Thus the person without the `wedding garment` did not look after the Jews in the Trib, and will be cast into outer darkness. 

Note: God always has His interpretation in His word.

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/16/1982

10 hours ago, LearningToLetGo said:

English Standard Version

8 Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding feast is ready, but those invited were not worthy. 9 Go therefore to the main roads and invite to the wedding feast as many as you find.’ 10 And those servants went out into the roads and gathered all whom they found, both bad and good. So the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11 “But when the king came in to look at the guests, he saw there a man who had no wedding garment. 12 And he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you get in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless. 13 Then the king said to the attendants, ‘Bind him hand and foot and cast him into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.”

Then the king said to the attendants, ‘Bind him hand and foot and cast him into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ 

Why gather people off the street (i.e. people "minding their own business", so to speak) then punish one of them for being improperly dressed?

my friend, first its a parable not to be literally consumed. the people on the street refers to the gentiles. the feast is man reconciliation with God,the Man without a garment is the unbeliever who did not exercise faith to prepare and came without fruit.God bless

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I beleive the wedding garments represent putting on Christ through his salvation.

Rev 7:13-14

And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in WHITE ROBES?  And whence came they?  And I said to him, Sir thou knowest.  And he said to me.  These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have WASHED THEIR ROBES, AND MADE THEM WHITE IN THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB.

Those who come to Jesus, and ask for salvation are saved by Jesus.  The offer is made to everyone.  But not everyone asks for the salvation that is offered to them.

Jno 3:16

For God so loved the WORLD, that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jesus provides the wedding garments to those who love him and have been saved by him.  At salvation we put off the old man, and put on Christ.  At the wedding feast, it is known to Jesus who his followers are.  And he provides wedding garments to the sheep he already knows.

Rev 19:7-8

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to him.  For the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife HATH MADE HERSELF READY. And to her was GRANTED that she should be arrayed in fine linen, CLEAN AND WHITE.  For the white linen is the righteousness of saints.

The bride of Christ is us.  We have made ourselves ready by asking and receiving salvation from Jesus.  While the "righteousness of saints" can be equated to good works, and bearing fruit, there are no good works, and no fruit, without salvation.  Good works, in the eyes of God, are Jesus in us, doing good works through us.

Gal 2:20

I am crucified with Christ.  Nevertheless I live.  Yet not I.  But Christ liveth in me.  And the life I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me, and gave himself for me.

I beleive that the unfortunate man in the parable you have cited, has not asked for the salvation of Jesus Christ.  Therefore he has not received it.  He has not been washed clean in the blood of Jesus Christ.  Therefore he is unfit to enter the Kingdom of God.  This is a sad thing.  Sadder still is that we see this every day.  There are more dry bones in this world than those with eternal life through Jesus Christ.  Our job is to bring as many to Jesus as we can, within the will of God.  Many will be called.  But few will ask in faith for salvation, and therefore choose not to be chosen by God.

Peace.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/16/1982

44 minutes ago, Logostician said:

I beleive the wedding garments represent putting on Christ through his salvation.

Rev 7:13-14

And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in WHITE ROBES?  And whence came they?  And I said to him, Sir thou knowest.  And he said to me.  These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have WASHED THEIR ROBES, AND MADE THEM WHITE IN THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB.

Those who come to Jesus, and ask for salvation are saved by Jesus.  The offer is made to everyone.  But not everyone asks for the salvation that is offered to them.

Jno 3:16

For God so loved the WORLD, that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jesus provides the wedding garments to those who love him and have been saved by him.  At salvation we put off the old man, and put on Christ.  At the wedding feast, it is known to Jesus who his followers are.  And he provides wedding garments to the sheep he already knows.

Rev 19:7-8

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to him.  For the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife HATH MADE HERSELF READY. And to her was GRANTED that she should be arrayed in fine linen, CLEAN AND WHITE.  For the white linen is the righteousness of saints.

The bride of Christ is us.  We have made ourselves ready by asking and receiving salvation from Jesus.  While the "righteousness of saints" can be equated to good works, and bearing fruit, there are no good works, and no fruit, without salvation.  Good works, in the eyes of God, are Jesus in us, doing good works through us.

Gal 2:20

I am crucified with Christ.  Nevertheless I live.  Yet not I.  But Christ liveth in me.  And the life I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me, and gave himself for me.

I beleive that the unfortunate man in the parable you have cited, has not asked for the salvation of Jesus Christ.  Therefore he has not received it.  He has not been washed clean in the blood of Jesus Christ.  Therefore he is unfit to enter the Kingdom of God.  This is a sad thing.  Sadder still is that we see this every day.  There are more dry bones in this world than those with eternal life through Jesus Christ.  Our job is to bring as many to Jesus as we can, within the will of God.  Many will be called.  But few will ask in faith for salvation, and therefore choose not to be chosen by God.

Peace.

Friend you have spoken well .yes the Believer do put on the righteousness of Jesus when the believer is converted .But Rev 7:13-14 was referring to the perfect day of the lord Judgement day. That day everything created must Present case before God... Jesus shared that parable to give insight not about his return .God bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  779
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,959
  • Content Per Day:  3.03
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, LearningToLetGo said:

English Standard Version

Many are called few are choosen.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

11 hours ago, Sower said:

You say:  "will that one have the blood covering exchanged for white linen? No.---He would be cast into outer darkness"

Would you mind providing scripture that says those covered in the blood will/can be cast into outer darkness.
Thank you.....

If someone accepts Jesus then falls away that one must repent..there are many who were born again but chose to follow the world. Unless they repent can they enter heaven with filthy garments? 

Jesus was giving a parable about heaven and the bridal feast there.

When Jesus, Who was sinless was made sin for us, we were made righteous. Because of His sacrifice, that blood covering is on us when we accept Jesus and our sins are forgiven.

Just as the Passover blood is applied to the door posts and lintel, to cause the Angel of Death to pass over the Hebrew house, the blood of Jesus, the Lamb of God, is our Passover sacrifice. The blood of Jesus is applied through faith. Salvation is through the Blood of Jesus. 

Exodus 12:13  God says…

When “I” see the blood, “I” will pass over you.. God the Father needs to see His Son’s blood on your life.

I have Jesus’ blood covering on my life. That will be changes in heaven with white linen…the righteousness….ready for the wedding feast not before.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

On 5/23/2021 at 11:42 AM, LearningToLetGo said:

English Standard Version

Hopefully's quote from biblehub.com is a good explanation

but just a thought,

I think we all pretty much agree, that the one individual in the parable, represents an unbeliever. Simply because we have a grasp of this from other scriptures that teach or hint that an unbeliever is not going to get into heaven by their own merits, right? In the parable, how would such a person have been able to attend the celebration, seeing that he is an unbeliever?

It's not so much that the individual didn't believe or didn't accept the invitation, because we know from the story, that he showed up for the celebration. He was seen among the other guests. So he most of believed the message or at the least part of the message. We have the picture from the story, that the king had made provisions for the guests to wear the proper attire. But this one individual got in the door somehow, but it was noted before he could join in, that he was not wearing the king's provision.

We can conclude that the individual thought he could attend the banquet in his own way and not the way the king had provided. The bible teaches us that the only way in is through the righteousness imputed to us through the atonement and faith in Christ Jesus.

Ever talk with an atheist? They resist God's gracious provision through faith and trust in His son. They don't want to do this by faith, but by their own way still hanging onto their old life. The bible teaches us that such persons will not get in, because of their rejection of God's grace.

I do think this is what Jesus was getting at when He was speaking to the religious leaders, for they during the whole time of Jesus' ministry rejected the same provision that has been offered to us today. Jesus flat out told them that they would die in their sins, unless they “believed” who He said he was.

So lets go to the hands and feet, we can surmise that it not only prevented the individual from resisting the servants from ushering him out the door, but also from returning. In other words, his situation was fixed that could not be changed; like the situation with the rich man and Lazarus. The rich man was unable to change his situation or location. So it is with those who refuse to believe the gospel.

• Thumbs Up 1

According to Revelation…

Revelation 19:8

New King James Version

8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

• Well Said! 1