IGNORED

God is not looking for clever and smart people but those willing and obedient.

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  786
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,970
  • Content Per Day:  3.02
  • Days Won:  1

Isaiah 1 19 If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best of the land. 20 But if you resist and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword.”

Israel has been devoured by the sword of the wicked people from time to time since the ancient time

.............. For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.…

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  4

Indeed

God is not looking for our ability, but our availability

Surely if he wants for a job He will equip us to perform

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

God looks at our heart. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,330
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  0

While God accepts all people he certainly does not want a bride composed of illiterate, ignorant, morons.

We are told 1Peter3:15 to be able to give a Reason for the hope that we have.

That means we have to understand theology, to understand the arguments atheists etc use against Christianity and to know how to present our arguments.

The anti intellectualism that has permeated so much of evangelical Christianity is actually dishonouring God.

We are intelligent and should be using it.

It is interesting that Paul talked of training, of training for the Olympics of training like a boxer and of the trained professional soldiers. He doesn't talk about the mystical, spiritual person.

It is very hard to be ' mystical ' when one is facing the loss of ones possessions, livelihood and one's life in the light and momentary troubles many Christians then and today face.

• Well Said! 1

Guest kingdombrat

Since God created the human mind, He definitely has a plan for the Intelligent and clever for His Purpose.   Oddly enough, I've seen Church leaders both simple minded and intelligent/clever.   The simple minded normally had a flock of simple minded people.  Where as the intelligent/clever normally had a flock full of those enjoying the better education within the Word of God and enjoyed being challenged to learn more.   There's a place for both.   

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  537
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

@R. Hartono

And may I add with your permission,  LOVE and KINDNESS.

1 Corinthians 13

The Excellence of Love

13 If I speak with the tongues of mankind and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give away all my possessions to charity, and if I surrender my body so that I may glory, but do not have love, it does me no good.

4 Love is patient, love is kind, it is not jealous; love does not brag, it is not arrogant. 5 It does not act disgracefully, it does not seek its own benefit; it is not provoked, does not keep an account of a wrong suffered, 6 it does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 it keeps every confidence, it believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails;  13 But now faith, hope, and love remain, these three; but THE GREATEST OF THESE IS LOVE.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  10

God can use clever folks too, but they have to use their cleverness and intelligence to love others. If we dont use gifts or talents to love others its useless, even damaging.

1 Co 1:26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”[d]

1 Corinthians 13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Edited by Whyme
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  11

Hey, sibs :) Good discussion, and I’ll just add a little more info into the mix.  Hope it’s not off-topic.  I apologize if it is ....

God uses whom He wills.  He always has.  He used Pharoah, Nebuchadnezzar, Zedekiah and many, many others throughout history for His divine purpose.  ... and He tells us again and again:  “then you shall know that I am the LORD.”  In the scriptures below we can see how God is always in control.

Romans 9:17, 19

17 For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.” 18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.

19 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?” 

And in Exodus 4:21, it is written:  And the Lord said unto Moses, "When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go." 

And in Romans 9:21, “Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?”

Edited by Selah7
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  10

1 Co 3:16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

18 Do not deceive yourselves. If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become “fools” so that you may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”[a]; 20 and again, “The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.” 21 So then, no more boasting about human leaders! All things are yours, 22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas[c] or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours, 23 and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.

Edited by Whyme
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1