FaithLady61

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I read an article about  Burger King giving 40 cents on their Ch King Chicken sandwiches to a LBTQ  program. I refuse to buy anything at Burger KIng.  This began June 3rd and ends on June 20th.

Edited by FaithLady61
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Burger King is creepy. I don't go there. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

19 hours ago, FaithLady61 said:

I read an article about  Burger King giving 40 cents on their Ch King Chicken sandwiches to a LBTQ  program. I refuse to buy anything at Burger KIng.  This began June 3rd and ends on June 20th.

That is sad to hear. The problem I have is that no one but Burger King serves hamburgers and French fries before 11:00 here, and I often need a burger and fries before that. But I can go to Wendy's or Mac's the rest of the time.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, FaithLady61 said:

So what !!

Everything in the world is pretty well evil and un-Godly. If you were to avoid giving any money or support to enterprises, organisations or businesses that supported unrighteous causes you would have to, as Paul the apostle writes, leave planet Earth altogether. 

The epistles teach us to become separate from the world and to live righteously ourselves so that as a church we are a light shining in the darkness of this world. Do not be concerned with the many evils practiced by worldly peoples who do not have the light of the gospel in their lives, for you cannot save the world (nor are expected to).

The Christian gospel and our testimonies are about saving one person at a time.

2Cor 4:3  And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 
4:4  In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 
4:5  For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. 
4:6  For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 
4:7  But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.

Edited by Waggles
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

22 hours ago, FaithLady61 said:

Couldn't you just not order the Ch King Chicken? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,263
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Waggles said:

If you were to avoid giving any money or support to enterprises, organisations or businesses that supported unrighteous causes you would have to, as Paul the apostle writes, leave planet Earth altogether. 

Elon Musk is working on that

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, FaithLady61 said:

I read an article about  Burger King giving 40 cents on their Ch King Chicken sandwiches to a LBTQ  program. I refuse to buy anything at Burger King.  This began June 3rd and ends on June 20th.

1Cor 5:9  I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 
1Co 5:10  not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 
5:11  But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 
5:12  For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 
5:13  God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.” 

Edited by Waggles
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

15 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

What is a Ch King sandwich?

A chicken patty sandwich . 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,127
  • Content Per Day:  9.65
  • Days Won:  149

The BK closest to where I work closed down. Not sure if all BKs are this way. Management was rude and service was inefficient. You could pretty much count on waiting a lot longer at that BK compared to McDonalds. The other BK is closer to my home at about 9 miles away. I sometimes go there because I love whoppers. My wife usually rules me out on it but sometimes she'll go for it.

That BK doesn't have any competition and while their service is passable it isn't anything nearly as good as McDonalds. The BK I'm referring to put in those dual drive through lines but I don't think they figured out how to use them ( or couldn't get enough help to man them). You need two people taking orders that all go to the kitchen. Once again McDonald's wins on this one. They actually operate the dual lines efficiently.

Even though I prefer Burger King food  to McDonald's, I don't want to sit in the drive through burning through a half tank of gas waiting on them.

Can the person who posted the opening cite a source for this information? I'm wondering if it's just an isolated branch doing this? Maybe it isn't the entire chain.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,127
  • Content Per Day:  9.65
  • Days Won:  149

1 minute ago, Chicken coop2 said:

KFC is the one I avoid the most. 

You aren't chicken so no worries. The scriptural interpretation disallowing KFC was all wrong. You are free to eat chicken!

I wish I had a KFC closer to me. Just talking about it makes me want to visit my local grocery store for fried chicken. UMMMMMMMM UMMMMMMMMM!