What to do?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

I went from doing 3 different drug's every day with a pint of vodka atleast 4-5 time's a week and 2 pack's of cigarett's a day, to no drug's what so ever no cigarettes, and no alcohol. Then back to cigarett's and suboxone, then got prescribed a  benzo (klonopin) a very addictive drug. and now i do suboxone, benzo (klonopin) smoke about a pack a day, and drink about 3 pot's of coffee a day, now i also take kava a herb used for relaxation and happiness (is very intoxicating) I actually dont like it anymore. And I also stopped carring about material thing's i literally went down the road and each person i saw i gave an item too until i had nothing left and i gave my bible even to a church for someone else to have it... Now im starting to care about material thing's again and they are bringing me confort which (IS BAD) nobody should try to find confort in material thing's I cannot stand being like this. I don't know what to do im very VERY DEPRESSED everynight, and sometime's the depression get's so bad I actually get scared for some reason. This may be my last message sent on here because, iv found i cannot get help from other christian's and I just have to stop all sin's, and suffer my whole life until I go to heaven. Because i pray and nothing happen's i pray with faith nothing happens which never happend to me in the past it's as if i stopped doing sin's almost all sin's and started suffering more and getting prayers answered less.

it didn't use grammar everywhere in this message, and it may have a few mispelled word's.

• Praying! 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

33 minutes ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

This may be my last message sent on here because, iv found i cannot get help from other christian's

What kind of help do you want? Do you want someone to listen to you? I'm here. We're all here. You aren't alone and you don't need to be alone. You can do this. You can get through. You will get through if that's your desire.

I have much to learn about Christ. In many ways I am still seeking. I hear the conviction in your voice and it impresses me. I wish I had that. In that regard I can learn much from you. Don't silence yourself because the unfolding is too slow for your tastes. Don't grow depressed because the Lord works at His pace.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

3 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I went from doing 3 different drug's every day with a pint of vodka atleast 4-5 time's a week and 2 pack's of cigarett's a day, to no drug's what so ever no cigarettes, and no alcohol. Then back to cigarett's and suboxone, then got prescribed a  benzo (klonopin) a very addictive drug. and now i do suboxone, benzo (klonopin) smoke about a pack a day, and drink about 3 pot's of coffee a day, now i also take kava a herb used for relaxation and happiness (is very intoxicating) I actually dont like it anymore. And I also stopped carring about material thing's i literally went down the road and each person i saw i gave an item too until i had nothing left and i gave my bible even to a church for someone else to have it... Now im starting to care about material thing's again and they are bringing me confort which (IS BAD) nobody should try to find confort in material thing's I cannot stand being like this. I don't know what to do im very VERY DEPRESSED everynight, and sometime's the depression get's so bad I actually get scared for some reason. This may be my last message sent on here because, iv found i cannot get help from other christian's and I just have to stop all sin's, and suffer my whole life until I go to heaven. Because i pray and nothing happen's i pray with faith nothing happens which never happend to me in the past it's as if i stopped doing sin's almost all sin's and started suffering more and getting prayers answered less.

it didn't use grammar everywhere in this message, and it may have a few mispelled word's.

I do understand your situation with substance abuse. You sound overwhelmed. Don't worry about being perfect. Instead fix one thing at a time with Gods help. Take it one day at a time too. Dont worry about the past or the future. Jesus teaches us to take it one day at a time.

I understand the materialism thing too. When i start thinking of material things in an obsessive or discontent way, im reminded of Pauls words that say to be content and think about good things, so when i start getting materialistic i tell myself to be content and think good thoughts. It seems very helpful.

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Edited by Whyme
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

5 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

iv found i cannot get help from other christian's and I just have to stop all sin's, and suffer my whole life until I go to heaven.

I am sorry that you feel so low and so alone.

You want help, but don't like the advice/help that is offered you either from the online community, your local church or from your doctor.

It is a fallicy, the believe that one can stop sinning, and suffering has nothing to do with being saved, or getting to heaven.

My advice does not change.

Get involved with your local church, start serving them. Talk to your doctor, listen to what is said and follow it.

You fail to follow medical advice, yet think you can follow God's commands, which are far harder even for mature Christians.

Here is some practical advice check out the, Drug Addicts Anon USA web site for a meeting near you.

Odds are there won't be, but you may find other similar groups.

The point is they all expect those who Know they have an addiction problem to Daily follow a twelve point recovery plan.

You can look it up in wiki.

Recovery is a life long process of every day apply the points to your life

You need to accept the brutal truth that you have to join with others.

Join other addicts with there struggles to cope with their addiction!

Join with other Christians as they seek to worship and serve both God and each other!

You need help from physical people.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

6 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Now im starting to care

Is it possible that your POV is from the adversary? That will always be inward focused and detrimental.

Who really cares about sins that are all taken care of by the Cross of Christ. You will NEVER measure up or be worthy. Get over yourself and look outside yourself for how you might help others worse off than you are.

Get up, dust off and decide to move forwards! Ignore the past that you have NO power over but look ahead. NOTHING you feel or do takes the Lord by surprise. So move on brother and HAVE ANOTHER THOUGHT...:)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Celebrate Recovery 12 Steps and Biblical Comparisons

1. We admitted we were powerless over our addictions and compulsive behaviors, that our lives had become unmanageable. 

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.  Romans 7:18

2. We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.  Philippians 2:13

3. We made a decision to turn our lives and our wills over to the care of God.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, today you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.  Romans 12:1

4. We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

Let us search out and examine our ways, and turn back to the Lord.  Lamentations 3:40 

5. We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed.  James 5:16a 

6. We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.  James 4:10 

7. We humbly asked Him to remove all our shortcomings.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  1 John 1:9 

8. We made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.

And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.  Luke 6:31 

9. We made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

Therefore, if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way.  First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.  Matthew 5:23-24 

10. We continue to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.

Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.  1 Corinthians 10:12

11. We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us, and power to carry that out.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly.  Colossians 3:16a 

12. Having had a spiritual experience as the result of these steps, we try to carry this message to others and practice these principles in all our affairs.

Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. Galatians 6:1 

@faithfull-prophet4040, if there is a Celebrate Recovery program available in your area, I urge you to visit.  You will be welcomed by people who care and will hold you accountable.  

Edited by JustClay
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,890
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

FP, have you ever thought that those material things that comfort you might not be bad? They can be if they become idols. But God has given to us many things. What if the comfort God is trying to give you, he intends to do so through material means, so that you might see the things he is blessing you with (like your talent and love for music) and praise and glorify him for giving you those things?

Gnosticism, one of the earliest heresies that the church had to deal with, was a total rejection of the physical realm and everything in it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.53
  • Days Won:  12

16 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Heb. 12:1-17 (Webster)

1 Therefore seeing we also are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us , and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
  2 Looking to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. {author: or, beginner}
  3 For consider him that endured such hostility by sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

4 Ye have not yet resisted to blood, striving against sin.
  5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh to you as to children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked by him:
  6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
  7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
  8 But if ye are without chastisement, of which all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
  9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh who corrected us , and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection to the Father of spirits, and live?
  10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. {after...: or, as seemed good, or, meet to them}
  11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness to them who are exercised by it.
  12 Therefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
  13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. {straight: or, even}
  14 Follow peace with all men , and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
  15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you , and by it many be defiled; {fail...; or, fall from}
  16 Lest there be any immoral, or profane person, as Esau, who for one meal sold his birthright.
  17 For ye know that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears. {place...: or, way to change his mind}

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Because i pray and nothing happen's i pray with faith nothing happens which never happend to me in the past it's as if i stopped doing sin's almost all sin's and started suffering more and getting prayers answered less.

It is time to get thee to a Pentecostal church and to be baptised in water and the Spirit.

After you have been infilled by the the Holy Spirit of God you will then pray in tongues, and also most likely receive healings from your addictions and state of mind. 

Praying in tongues is powerful and activates the power of the Holy Spirit within you to change you from the inside.

Go and read again the testimonies that I sent you on your other threads for encouragement. But you must take the initiative for yourself to allow God to heal you, and to refashion you.

You are at a fork in the road. If you continue doing the same this road leads to death. But if you choose to take the other path to the gospel of salvation this road leads to life. Only you can choose. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

Jeremiah 6:16 

Thus says the Lord:
“Stand by the crossroads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths,
where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls.