• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Depends on the context.  "one can go anytime" could refer to physical death.  And that's certainly true.  But as to WHEN all believers will be resurrected, the Bible is very clear;  it will be "when He comes", which is the Second Advent.  1 Cor 15:23

and when is the second advent, meaning before the seals are opened, or at the 6th seal or at the end of the trumpets?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11

10 hours ago, LiveWire said:

true, but if Christians were remaining on Earth pre-Wrath, no one is in real danger until everyone is forced to take the Mark.   so we could be there the entire first half in terms of basing when we have become a real target and are threatened.   

The first half of the tribulation are the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, which is the first four seals. Not a party by any means. False Christ goes forth conquering, wars, famines and pestilence. These are the beginning of sorrows in Matthew 24.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  392
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

19 minutes ago, The Light said:

The first half of the tribulation are the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, which is the first four seals. Not a party by any means. False Christ goes forth conquering, wars, famines and pestilence. These are the beginning of sorrows in Matthew 24.

yes, they are Birthing Pangs increasing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.62

1 hour ago, ChristB4us said:

1 Peter 4:17 testifies to God judging His House first as I applied that to the pre-great tribulation rapture event.

He will judge according to what each of us as believers, built on that foundation 1 Corinthians 3:10-14 and in that day verse 13 if there be any unrepentant iniquity that remains on that foundation which defiles the temple of God which our bodies are 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, our physical bodies will die 1 Corinthians 3:16-17, but the spirit is saved per 1 Corinthians 3:15.

The church was warned to repent or else be cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation as He will judge us in according to our works on that foundation in Revelation 2:18-25.

In spite of this terror of the Lord, 2 Corinthians 5:7-11 assures us that when those left behind dies, their spirits will be with the Lord in Heaven Revelation 6:9-17  to await for their resurrection after the great tribulation;  Revelation 7:9-17

There is a race to be run by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily Hebrews 12:1-2 in walking in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son 1 John 1:3-9.

Those who do not look to Jesus Christ for help in running that race as our confidence is in Him to finish His work in us to His glory by His grace & by His help Philippians 1:6-11, and instead sow to the works of the flesh or resort to their own power in following Him by keeping a commitment to follow Him or the Promise Keepers' program ( which He can deliver us from to follow him by faith instead Galatians 5:1,5, ) are at risk of being left behind as Paul says that could happen even to himself in 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 in becoming a castaway.

If you consider verses 4-5 in 1 Corinthians 5:1-13 for how church is to excommunicate unrepentant believers as giving them unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, does that not mirror what God will do at the pre great tribulation rapture event in leaving them behind when Satan will wage war on the saints?

And again in verses 8-11 in 1 Corinthians 5:1-13, is not the feast to be held in sincerity and truth for why we are not to eat with unrepentant saints?  How much more will Jesus Christ do for the Marriage Supper in Heaven?

So this is why Jesus is warning believers to be ready or else in Luke 12:40-49 as they will get measures of stripes for not being ready and note verse 6 in Hebrews 12:1-11 when failing to run that race by not even resisting temptations to sin as the Father corrects us by what?  Scourging; hence a whipping of stripes upon them.

And so those left behind unrepentant saints and former believers that did not look to Him for help in departing from iniquity in getting ready, will find themselves as still saved but to be resurrected after the great tribulation as vessels unto dishonor in His House, testifying to the power of God in salvation for all those that believe in Him, even in His name.  This is why His disciples are to call every wayward believer to go to Jesus Christ for help in discerning iniquity in departing from them so they too can obtain that eternal glory that comes with our salvation which is to be that vessel unto honor in His House when they depart from iniquity before He comes.

2 Timothy 2:1-13 & 2 Timothy 2:18-21

And which would all EQUALLY APPLY to the day of the Lord.  

LET'S BACK UP AND GET SOME OF THE INFORMATION SKIPPED AND SEE IF IT GIVES US SOME LIGHT, SHALL WE?  

1 Pet 4

13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Which OF COURSE, would be rendered IMPOSSIBLE if CHRIST were to come and get you BEFORE you could become 'a partaker' of Christ's sufferings where were UNTO DEATH.  "Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." Revelation 2:10 KJV

14If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

15But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

16Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

No AMOUNT of suffering is listed.  UNTO DEATH even, which we are not to fear

17For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

And YES, Judgment will be HARSHEST to those called, and I never knew you to those who saw VAIN VISIONS.  

18And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

19Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

2.  1 Corinth 3

9For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

THE WORD

12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

not a 'group' of peoples works, every individual

14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

PRE TRIB claiming GOD will be separating the temple so that some will not be chastised while others will not even be tested.  

18Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

19For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

20And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

21Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

22Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

23And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

AGAIN, COME WHAT MAY, THINGS TO COME OR EVEN DEATH...that is what GODS WORD says.  GOD has NO PROBLEM WITH US being proved AND GOD has no problem with us being KILLED IN HIS NAME.  

Since neither life nor death MATTER TO GOD, why would GOD take HIS PEOPLE FROM the race He has set before them?  

WHO WOULDN'T WANT GODS PEOPLE TO BE RUNNING THE RACE AGAINST HIM?

3. 2 Cor 5

6Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

7(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

8We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

9Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

11Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Would GOD, remove those EARLY from the earth KNOWING that we receive in our new body the things done in the old.  GRANTED, for some this would be good, but what about all those souls a person NEVER GOT TO SPEAK TO because they were 'taken' 7 years early?  They never did or didn't do those things so they can't receive either.  WOULD THAT BE JUST for either side?

Where is ANY MENTION OF LEFT BEHIND?  There is no mention of PRE TRIB post trib left behind, NOTHING, same as always.  It just gets to be EASY to add whatever to the words of God.  Make no mistake, it is intentional.  Yea hath GOD SAID, or Yea hath MAN SAID?  

4. WHERE IS THERE ANYTHING ABOUT A PRE TRIB RAPTURE? 

9And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

12And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

5.   And HE LED THE CAPTIVITY CAPTIVE.  At least there is SOMETHING WRITTEN about that, albeit not believed, but to DISREGARD what is written in favor of a doctrine that ISN'T??

Rev 7:9After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

10And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

11And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

12Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

13And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

1 hour ago, ChristB4us said:

Those who do not look to Jesus Christ for help in running that race as our confidence is in Him to finish His work in us to His glory by His grace & by His help Philippians 1:6-11, and instead sow to the works of the flesh or resort to their own power in following Him by keeping a commitment to follow Him or the Promise Keepers' program ( which He can deliver us from to follow him by faith instead Galatians 5:1,5, ) are at risk of being left behind as Paul says that could happen even to himself in 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 in becoming a castaway.

HOW CAN THE work be finished if THE CHURCH has left?  Our works FOLLOW us, there aren't any more afterwards.  

If CHRIST is helping us RUN THE RACE and HE RUNS TO THE VERY END AKA DEATH, then why would He come and stop us from finishing the race?  THAT goes AGAINST what the author has taught is the RIGHT WAY to go.  

BUT what is WRITTEN here also?  See if we ever continue on in these Chapters and verses put forth THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH IS SEEN.  

1Phi 

9And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

10That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;

11Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

12But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;

18What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

19For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

20According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

NO MATTER LIFE OR DEATH, HERE OR THERE, THE SPREADING OF THE GOOD NEWS DOESN'T END UNTIL CHRIST RETURNS AND THE HARVEST TAKES PLACE. 

21For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

22But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.

23For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

EVERYONE ADMITS THAT TO BE WITH CHRIST IS FAR BETTER

24Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

25And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;

WHAT GOD WANTS FOR ALL OF HIS CHILDREN.  HE ISN'T 'LEAVING BEHIND' THE UNCOMELY PARTS OF THE BODY and taking the good parts.  That isn't how God works.  

26That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.

27Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

28And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.

29For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

30Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.

SO who is
"and instead sow to the works of the flesh or resort to their own power in following Him by keeping a commitment to follow Him" 

Just saying NOT ONLY TO THE ADVERSARIES, but to the brethren, TERRIFIED is exactly how pre trib comes off.  And selfish to boot.  

2 hours ago, ChristB4us said:

PAUL said being LEFT BEHIND COULD HAPPEN TO HIMSELF?  Do you TRULY believe that?   

Is the Church grafted IN AMONGST the other branches or does the Church claim TO HAVE ITS VERY OWN PERSONAL ROOT AND not be of Abraham at all?  

5For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

6For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

7Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

8This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

9A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

10I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

1 Cor 9
19For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

that's the job we hired onto.

20And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

21To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

22To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

23And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

24Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

25And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

26I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

27But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

SO MUCH FOR ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED.  And as always, continue on to the end.  Not a pre trib rapture in sight.  If anything the exact opposite

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

And which would all EQUALLY APPLY to the day of the Lord.  

LET'S BACK UP AND GET SOME OF THE INFORMATION SKIPPED AND SEE IF IT GIVES US SOME LIGHT, SHALL WE?  

1 Pet 4

13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Which OF COURSE, would be rendered IMPOSSIBLE if CHRIST were to come and get you BEFORE you could become 'a partaker' of Christ's sufferings where were UNTO DEATH.  "Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." Revelation 2:10 KJV

14If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

15But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

16Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

No AMOUNT of suffering is listed.  UNTO DEATH even, which we are not to fear

17For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

And YES, Judgment will be HARSHEST to those called, and I never knew you to those who saw VAIN VISIONS.  

18And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

19Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Well, first off, this is the suffering in Christ often overlooked which was mentioned at the first verse of that chapter from which God will judge His House first by.

1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; 2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God. 3 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries: 4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you: 5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead. 6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

So try not to assume that this is referring to the saints suffering the war being waged on them by the beast in the great tribulation, but to the here and now in how we are to live in Christ by ceasing from sin by His grace & by His help.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

As for your reference of Revelation 2:10 as there will be saints persecuted before the great tribulation comes, this is how they get their crown by His grace & by His help.

Since the saints at Thyatira in Revelation 2:18-25 that do not repent will be cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation, hence left behind, then that is what that good church in Smyrna are to do in order to get that crown per Revelation 2:8-11.  Read Paul's words of the danger of not abstaining from submitting to his flesh which is to become a castaway whereby not giving in to temptations, he receives that crown.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

So that race to run as in suffering by ceasing from sin by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin is Christ's suffering now in these latter days before the pre great tribulation rapture comes when He judges His House first.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

46 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

This has been going on for the past 2000 years.  It appears that you have not had any testing yet, no sufferings. You are a clean slate.  Just waiting for something to happen to you so you will be worthy to be tested.  If One is a Believer, they get tested. They get attacked by Satan.  Yet if One is not a Believer, Satan does not touch them, can't accuse them of anything before the Throne in Heaven.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,455
  • Content Per Day:  8.13

5 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

Look at Rom 6 closely: v3.. all of who were Baptized into Jesus Christ, were baptized into his death (we were crucified with Christ).  We were therefore buried with him through baptism into his death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we to may live a new life.  If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection.

Lets look at a water immersion Baptism.  One who has died in Christ, is Buried with Christ (one goes under), and therefore we are risen with Christ (one comes up out of the water). To live a new life.  We have been Crucified with Christ; We have been Buried with Christ; and We are Raised with Christ by his resurrection.

Yes.  Now, what point are you making in regard to when "one goes"?

In 1 Thes 4; Do you ever wonder how those alive in Christ are raised up without dying.  Because it is not a Resurrection, but an Ascension.  We have already been Resurrected in Christ Jesus, therefore we have power to overcome sin with the help of the Holy Spirit.

This isn't what the Bible says.  In 1 Thess 4, Paul was discussing the singular resurrection of all believers, and "raised up" is a direct reference to resurrection.  It refers to the bodies of believers, who are raised up glorified and now immortal.

And there is NO "ascension" in 1 Thess 4.  Please quote any verse that describes an ascension, other than just up to the clouds in the air.  Certainly there is NO mention of going up to heaven, as the pretrib rapture theory believes.

When one is Baptized; are they not raised up out of the water.  That is a symbol of being Resurrected.  We have died with Christ, been Buried with Christ, and been Resurrected with Christ.  All past tense.

This is why the Body of Christ/Church can go anytime, imminent. We have completed all three steps in Christ Jesus.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Water baptism is an identification with Christ's death, burial and ascension.  That doesn't mean that believers have been "resurrected with Christ".  The resurrection of believers will be "when He comes" at the 2nd Advent.  1 Cor 15:23, 2 Thess 2:1, Rev 20:4,5.

5 hours ago, ChristB4us said:

1 Peter 4:17 testifies to God judging His House first as I applied that to the pre-great tribulation rapture event.

What verses specifically describe Jesus taking resurrected believers to heaven?  Thanks.

4 hours ago, The Light said:

and when is the second advent, meaning before the seals are opened, or at the 6th seal or at the end of the trumpets?

The second advent is when the King of kings, Jesus Christ, returns to earth to END the tribulation and set up His MK.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

What verses specifically describe Jesus taking resurrected believers to heaven?  Thanks.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

1 Thessalonians 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.