George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

The problems you bring up with the pre-trib doctrine are only the surface of the depth of obfuscation to which the pre-tribs must go to make their doctrine palatable to those being deceived. My main objection to that doctrine is that when the time comes that the "Mark of the Beast" is required upon everyone, those who are dogmatically pre-trib will be convinced that "it is NOT the mark", and thus they will take it, because their thoughts are that it occurs during mid-trib and they "will be outta here" long before that time. So by their being alive and on earth at that time, many will take the mark. That will be a very sad day for the body of Christ. But come Judgment day when those who taught such an EVIL doctrine, will see for themselves just HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE LOST on account of their error. I know that not all who preach that doctrine will lose their salvation, but "they will be saved as by fire". Much if not most of their works are going to be burnt up.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

You seem pretty sure of yourself here, but you fail to realize that the rapture is still, and will remain a profound mystery until it happens. If you are right, some pre-tribbers may take the mark, but they won't take it because they guessed wrong about the timing of the rapture.

However, if you're wrong, most post-tribbers will miss the rapture and be forced to choose between taking or rejecting the mark simply because they were not prepared when the Bridegroom comes, meaning they were watching the wrong things. And post-tribbers will get caught in both traps and some of them will take the mark as well.

Christians will not take the mark because they got messed up in the timing, but they will only take it because they have their heads in the sand and don't know what's going on. I know that I wouldn't take the mark, whether I had to endure part of the tribulation or not, and I think it's totally ridiculous for you to assume that pre-tribbers will take the mark simply because they weren't ready for the tribulation. We know that both are coming.

If we ever get to that point, pre-tribbers will be able to adjust, however, there won't be any adjusting for missing the bridegroom if you post-tribbers are wrong. You fail to see how much you are gambling, and the cost of being wrong.

It's much wiser to be ready for the Bridegroom, than it is to be ready for the tribulation. Pride in your position is worth absolutely nothing.

rt

So what your saying is just because someone believes in the truth, and that being post trib and pre wrath they can not live a holy life or be prepared for the coming of Christ at anytime? Where do you come up with this stuff? Someone prepared to suffer and die for the gospels sake is much more likely to be living a holy life than someone that is not preparing himself for that contengency. Anyone can see that.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

rt

So what your saying is just because someone believes in the truth, and that being post trib and pre wrath they can not live a holy life or be prepared for the coming of Christ at anytime? Where do you come up with this stuff? Someone prepared to suffer and die for the gospels sake is much more likely to be living a holy life than someone that is not preparing himself for that contengency. Anyone can see that.

Amen Brother Benny and Dad Ernie,

You preach it my brothers!

And Benny where they come up with their views is beyond me as well, it certainly isnt from scriptures.

rt

Benny,

Maybe you should write a book. I haven't seen a man or woman yet that could prove this theory you hold as truth. I tell ya what, you prove it, and then I'll believe it. But for now, the way you interpret the scriptures is not even close to the way that I do. And no one has proven any theory as of yet, therefore, this profound mystery is still an unsolved mystery, just like the Bible says that it is. I wouldn't bet the family farm on it if I were you, because God is not bound by what we believe. It's quite possible that all of these theories are wrong.

I was reading your posts, and you had some very interesting commentaries on some things. I was planning on replying to a couple of them, that is until I noticed you started attacking the brethren. I believe that if we have surrendered our lives to Christ, then we are brothers and sisters in Him, no matter when we think our Lord will come for us. We were commanded to try to live peaceful lives, not only within the body, but with everybody, believer and unbeliever alike. I really love studying and talking about prophecy, but not when it starts to overturn the hornets nest. If that's the way it is, then I'm content to leave it for someone else. To me, it's only a waste of time.

I don't believe I have attacked anyone. But one persons perspective is not always anothers.

take care

Not one Benny, but millions who believe in the pre-trib postion. Were you not directing this comment towards them? :

I have wondered many times and am almost convinced that the resistance to the truth about this can well be partly explained in II Thess 2:10: And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11: And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

No insult intended, but just as the Laodacians were blind to the truth, still Jesus instructed them to repent and they would be saved.

take care

Jesus is the way, (the truth) and the life. God is not going to send a strong delusion on those who believe in the pre-trib rapture. We don't put our faith in the rapture. He who has the Son has life. Scripture doesn't say he who has the post-trib belief has life. You speak against millions of believers, as pre-trib believers are the majority.

The strong delusion will be sent to those who refused to love the truth, which is none other than Christ.

I don't believe I have attacked anyone. But one persons perspective is not always anothers.

take care

Not one Benny, but millions who believe in the pre-trib postion. Were you not directing this comment towards them? :

I have wondered many times and am almost convinced that the resistance to the truth about this can well be partly explained in II Thess 2:10: And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11: And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

No insult intended, but just as the Laodacians were blind to the truth, still Jesus instructed them to repent and they would be saved.

take care

Jesus is the way, (the truth) and the life. God is not going to send a strong delusion on those who believe in the pre-trib rapture. We don't put our faith in the rapture. He who has the Son has life. Scripture doesn't say he who has the post-trib belief has life. You speak against millions of believers, as pre-trib believers are the majority.

The strong delusion will be sent to those who refused to love the truth, which is none other than Christ.

Do you know what "and am almost convinced" means? It means I'm not certain about this.

And "be partly explained" means not completely explained.

Neither did I say or imply that there was no hope for them.

"but just as the Laodacians were blind to the truth, still Jesus instructed them to repent and they would be saved."

But the fact that millions believe it is not a good thing. I don't really think most people claiming to be Christians and go to church every Sunday are going to make it. Christianity is today for the most part is a profession rather than a practice. Most Christians in this country are so consumed with greed (covetesness) that they have no idea what the bible says or how to begin to live it. The paralles of the Church of Laodacia and American Christians are very striking, this you have to admit. Or maybe you don't have to admit it, but its true.

take care

But the fact that millions believe it is not a good thing. I don't really think most people claiming to be Christians and go to church every Sunday are going to make it. Christianity is today for the most part is a profession rather than a practice. Most Christians in this country are so consumed with greed (covetesness) that they have no idea what the bible says or how to begin to live it. The paralles of the Church of Laodacia and American Christians are very striking, this you have to admit. Or maybe you don't have to admit it, but its true.

take care

I agree with much of this. I'll tell you why later. I don't have time now.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

rt

I was reading your posts, and you had some very interesting commentaries on some things. I was planning on replying to a couple of them, that is until I noticed you started attacking the brethren. I believe that if we have surrendered our lives to Christ, then we are brothers and sisters in Him, no matter when we think our Lord will come for us. We were commanded to try to live peaceful lives, not only within the body, but with everybody, believer and unbeliever alike. I really love studying and talking about prophecy, but not when it starts to overturn the hornets nest. If that's the way it is, then I'm content to leave it for someone else. To me, it's only a waste of time.

Hi Thunder,

You know I couldnt help but respond to this remark, have you ever read some of your replies to others?

rt

Hi Thunder,

You know I couldnt help but respond to this remark, have you ever read some of your replies to others?

You must mean to RCruise and shadow2b,

Yes it's true, I've fallen into that trap before. That's why I don't want to cross a certain line. I Believe I used to try to defend my beliefs too much, especially when someone would come at me with an attacking attitude. I'm learning to not get caught in those traps so easily anymore. I guess it's part of my maturing process. I'm still learning to conquer those fleshly desires, and I haven't reached the point where I have perfect control over my flesh, but I know that I am still growing. No one's perfect, and especially not me, but my Jesus is!!!!