Matthew 25 and the Word growing in you

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Ok so how do I know if I’m one to whom, in Matt 25, Christ says, to him who has, more will be given?  

secondly, how do I know how much Word is in me?  Like it makes sense that since the Word of God starts as a small seed, it would grow.  But I don’t know how much is in me

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

30 minutes ago, Tyler22 said:

Ok so how do I know if I’m one to whom, in Matt 25, Christ says, to him who has, more will be given?  

secondly, how do I know how much Word is in me?  Like it makes sense that since the Word of God starts as a small seed, it would grow.  But I don’t know how much is in me

Hi Tyler,

It is good to think upon how much we are growing in Christ. I suggest you read what the Lord has written to His Body in the epistles for the gospels are written of what the Lord said to the people of Israel concerning them and their future.

regards, Marilyn.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,874
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Marilyn's suggestion to read the epistles is good. Many of them are concerned with helping early Christians to continue growing in their faith. Paul makes it clear in several areas that we do not just rest on grace, but we continue to strive, to work hard, to confirm our salvation.

"In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." -- Matthew 5:16

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." -- Ephesians 2:10

"What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, 'Go in peace, be warmed and filled,' without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead." -- James 2:14-17

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ." -- Colossians 3:23=24

"Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God." -- Hebrews 13:16

"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." -- Galatians 6:9

"Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me. For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed." -- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11

If you feel you are lacking, do indeed pray fervently for God to increase you in all good ways according to his will. But do not sit and wait for it to happen. We are called to work hard as well. Make it a point to study the Bible each day and apply what you have learned.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

1. Well have you been given much?
  2. Unless Satan is snatching the Word of God away from you because your faith is marginal, or your heart is stoney hard and overgrown with thorns and weeds, God's Word will keep producing an abundance of fruit in your life, and you will always want more.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

18 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

Read the whole Bible and you'll have a good start towards having the Word in you. But then walk with the Lord (pray constantly) to learn more. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 6/29/2021 at 8:37 PM, Tyler22 said:

I believe we tend to overthink the process and at the same time explain away the miraculous results.

Also we overlook the miracles and revelations in our lives (or we simply forget them).

We are a race of ingrates. Not singling you out, Tyler. I am among the worst of the worst at this.

Learn and apply the Keys to the Kingdom and you will have all the answers...

287748780_KeystotheKingdom.png.f7b471674aa0ab0e05c1027ae9c0ebad.png

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 6/29/2021 at 10:37 PM, Tyler22 said:

Don't worry about that. The important is you to be faithful to Jesus in according to what you received. Specially because to who more is given, more is charged (Luke 12:47,48).

It is the faith what start as a mustard grain (Luke 17:5-9).
Again, the important isn't, exactly, how much Word of God is in you, but you to be faithful in what you learnt and seek out to know Jesus better at each moment (Hosea 6:3,6; Rom 1:17).

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I used to read a verse that sort of jumped out at me.  Sometimes I heard the same verse several times that week, just in case I missed it the first time.  Then God would give me an opportunity to apply that verse in my life.  Like:

Mat 5:44 “But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,

So I would remember the verse and with some difficulty with my attitude, I would do what the verse said.  From then on that verse was a part of me.  I remembered it vividly, and somehow God would work things out or else bless me for trying to apply it.  We internalize God's word when we apply it to ourselves and become doers of the word and not hearers only.

Now, if you believe something in God's word, like you believe that Jesus died for your sins, you have it.  But then you start saying you don't believe anything Paul said, and you don't believe the words of Jesus "I am the way, the truth and the life; no man comes to the Father but by Me."  You keep finding verses and books that you don't believe so you keep rejecting them till you find that you don't even believe that Jesus died for you anymore.  You have hardened your heart to God's word and what you did have has been taken from you.

• Well Said! 1