What too do, same title as my one post.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Could some good hearted christian's preach some encouraging bible verses, and/or tell me exactly how to be saved? I am down too 9 cigarett's a day compared to 30-35 cigarett's a day, mainly I smoke in the morning, and after meal's besides that, I have a 7 mg nicotine patch on, and use a cheap vapor pen with 2.5% nicotine in it, and I just puff on that whenever I feel a craving to smoke, so i'm doing better :) BUT I am starting to get really irritable, and my memory just keep's getting worse, it's not per say my memory of earthly thing's, it's my spiritual memory I guess i could call it. I'm forgetting what it feels like to have faith, and hope, and to trust God, i'm forgetting how to do these thing's, as if The Holy Spirit is leaving me. I'm not saying that's what it is, i'm just saying that's what it feel's like. It's as if i'm hanging on to God by a rope that's ready to break yet i'm doing EVERYTHING possible to please him, and to stop sinning I used to watch like 3 movies a day literally, wethor it be comedy action whichever, and now i watch NO TV period. I used to listen to all kind's of music, very sinfull rap, and rock n roll, country, rnb etc... Then slowly drifted to just christian music only, now I don't even listen to music, just gospel beat's that are uplifting, or emotional. I like iv said used to take amphetamines in general.( I say in general because i took more than one kind) And was addicted for year's now i have qui,t and was addicted to opiod's only for about 5 month's, from getting them for a knee surgery, but still i had a mild addiction taking 3, 5mg oxycod0one a day every day for 5 month's straight. I did many sin's but my point is, iv STOPPED LITERALLY ALL OF THEM, besides a few, and now i'm even working on quitting another (cigarette's) but I still seem to drift further and further away from God and Jesus. Also my love isn't as strong as it used to be, I used to love a stranger, and could tell just by talking to them for a few minute's what kind  of person they were, and would actually love them, no not as much as say my own mother but i would feel genuine love for the person. It may sound weird, but I would feel true love and empathy for the person, now I meet someone, and it's like I feel nothing for them, because I don't know them. Iv quit a lot of sin's and everything that the holy spirit offer's has gotten less and less within me. What can I do? I don't want to go to church because i'm anti-social and have panic attack's around large crowd's, or even a small crowd. And so that's not what I want to do right now, not even online. Any helpfull answer's i would appreciate, and bible verses about being restored, and/or about hope would help too.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,883
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Rather than give you a fish, let me teach you to fish...

https://www.openbible.info/topics/

That's a topical Bible. Just type in a word and it will give you verses about that topic.

The best way to use it is to get the topically-related verses from it, then go look up the full passage that verse is pulled from and study that to get the context.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 6/30/2021 at 8:14 PM, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Could some good hearted christian's preach some encouraging bible verses, and/or tell me exactly how to be saved?

You are saved by the blood of Christ.  He ransomed you from satan's grasp with His own blood shed on the cross of suffering.  You are bought and paid for.  You no longer belong to satan.  It is a done deal.  You simply believe that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, having accepted His sacrifice as being for you; He paid for all your sinfulness, not just past sins but for you being a sinful person.  

God is ALREADY pleased with you.  You can do nothing to clean yourself up to make yourself more pleasing to Him.  He is the One who has cleaned you and continues to clean you.  Start thanking Him for all He has done and is doing to change you into the likeness of Christ.  Just keep your eyes on Jesus.

THE ONLY WAY TO BE SAVED IS TROUGH WHAT CHRIST HAS ALREADY DONE FOR YOU.    That being said, it normal to get jittery while quitting smoking.   You are withdrawing from nicotine addiction. That should last about a month after the last cigarette you smoke or patch that you use.  Just tough it out.  

There is nothing in the Bible that says you can't smoke.  However, when smoking one in more important to you than God then it has taken the place of God in your life.  That is sin.  It is also something that defiles your lungs so it is harmful to you.  It is commendable to stop.  

2Co 3:18  But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

1Jn 1:7  ESV  But if we [really] are living and walking in the Light, as He [Himself] is in the Light, we have [true, unbroken] fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses (removes) us from all sin and guilt [keeps us cleansed from sin in all its forms and manifestations].

1Jn 1:8  If we say we have no sin [refusing to admit that we are sinners], we delude and lead ourselves astray, and the Truth [which the Gospel presents] is not in us [does not dwell in our hearts].

1Jn 1:9  If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action].

Eph 5:18 AMPC  And do not get drunk with wine,{{{or high on nicotine in your case}}} for that is debauchery; but ever be filled and stimulated with the [Holy] Spirit. [Pro 23:20]

Eph 5:19  Speak out to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, offering praise with voices [  and instruments] and making melody with all your heart to the Lord,  Eph 5:20  At all times and for everything giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father.

Heb 12:1  NKJV. Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,  Heb 12:2  looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,176
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 6/30/2021 at 10:14 PM, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Any helpfull answer's i would appreciate,

To start with, you can't stop doing anything to bring yourself closer to the Lord.   Not to say you shouldn't stop that stuff, but trying to be a better person isn't going to build the kind of relationship you want.   I'm not even sure it is the same for everyone. 

So, if you want to strengthen your relationship with God, you have to do it the same as you would do with anyone....   spend time with them and talk to them.....    Talk to God and ask him the things you are asking us....   read the Bible and learn as much about God as you can...   I personally recommend listening to the Bible instead of reading unless you are researching something in particular.  Ask him about everything you do all day long, and keep in mind that if you really want that kind of relationship, he will be with you all the time....   watching over your shoulder to help when you need it...   But for the most part, it's my experience, you have to ask and give him thanks when he does help.

Long time ago I got to the point of telling him that I am his and he can do whatever he wants with me.  Both in this life and eternity to come.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  11

Read my signature, faithfull. FDE2F036-7658-4AE6-8D59-794F26E886C0.gif.38acf2e66c11d95b39a647168d05081a.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

59 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

Read my signature, faithfull. FDE2F036-7658-4AE6-8D59-794F26E886C0.gif.38acf2e66c11d95b39a647168d05081a.gif

um... you need to set your signature so we can see it.  Currently only you can see it.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  11

2 minutes ago, appy said:

um... you need to set your signature so we can see it.  Currently only you can see it.

You don’t see it?  It’s in red and blue font. 18D13C3F-1257-42C4-AB7B-5A5D1CAC91A6.gif.35e55bdcc327593a96ce20afc0ad516c.gif  

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Selah7 said:

You don’t see it?  It’s in red and blue font. 18D13C3F-1257-42C4-AB7B-5A5D1CAC91A6.gif.35e55bdcc327593a96ce20afc0ad516c.gif  

I see it! :)

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  20

@faithfull-prophet4040 I can only share my story with you.  When I first came to the Lord over 40 years ago I thought I needed to be perfect to please him and make him love me more.  Off and on throughout the early years I knew the smoking, drinking, cannabis/pot, foul language, and everything else of the world, needed to be gone.  I wasn't heavy into anything but it was weighing on me.  Little by little I cleaned up certain things but held on to other things.  The smoking was the hardest for me because I had friends and family that smoked and I loved the taste of cigarettes.  I tried over and over to get them out of my life.  There was a time I had quite for almost 20 years but then several deaths happened in a short period of time and I started again.  I tried to tell myself that smoking only 2 or 3 cigarettes a day was not that bad but each day the Holy Spirit warned me.  Then I would feel guilty but didn't quit.  Then one day the Holy Spirit asked me to be obedient and set a better example for my children and my grandchildren.  I tried and failed several times before I finally said, "Enough!"  I laid them down and never intend to go back.  My family and friends still smoke around me but by the power of the Holy Spirit, I am able to say no.   

I know that I will never be perfect but when we walk with the Lord daily we should see improvement in ourselves and other's should be able to see it too.  He never loves us less or more.  He just loves us for accepting his gift of salvation.  It's a gift with no strings attached.  He sees your heart.  He knows what you are feeling and thinking.  There is no condemnation from Jesus for our human failures once we have admitted we are sinners and we do need and want the salvation he offers.  Some people want to make it a hard journey but it is not.  Some people want to judge others for things said, things done, and things not done.  Those are the people Jesus warned who need to pluck the plank out of their own eye before they go after the splinter in your eye.  I believe you are feeling the way you do because the Holy Spirit, living inside of you, wants your body healthy, your mind healthy, and your spirit healthy.  He keeps reminding you that you are a child of the Most High God!  You don't need the trappings of this world hanging on your shoulders.  He wants to set you free from any guilt and condemnation which comes straight from the devil .  We are human beings and the Lord knows what it is to be human.  He has walked in our shoes but he was without sin because he is God.  He spent 33 years in human form so his compassion is limitless.  We can do all things through Christ who gives us strength!  It's not going to happen all at once but on a daily walk with him.  Just keep trying.  Just keep praying.  Be patient with yourself.  Put the worries on his shoulders.  All we each have is today, because yesterday is gone, and tomorrow is not here.  Have faith that he will give you the desires of your heart!  I'm praying for you!!

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

11 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

I have also been told that a certain amount of personal information is seen in every post.  I don't see any of that either unless I actually go to someone's profile page. 

It could be that some formats, such as for phones, do not show these things.  I use a 21 inch screen computer that shows the foot notes or signatures and the little bio.  I use it because it is harder for me to read my phone which is not as user friendly.