• Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

11 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

It's like the expression:

You know that you know that you know. 

Yes and the absolute is you are, based on experience, the determiner of the thing being of God... not God’s Word!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100

4 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

Makes me think of this:

Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

1 Peter 1:8-9 

The Biblical definition of faith is
Hebrews 11:1 (KJV) [1] Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
As you see faith is totally based upon the mind “things hoped for” even though the physical manifestation is not present... so how can you say the end result in your faith is not in your mind? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

1Cor 14:2  For who speaketh in a tongue speaketh not to men, but to God; for no one heareth; but in spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1Cor 14:14  For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding [mind]  is unfruitful. 
1Co 14:15  What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. 

Jude 1:17  But YE beloved, remember the words spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; 
1:18  that they said to you, In the last time mockers shall be, walking after their own ungodly lusts. 
1:19  These are they who make separations, having only soul, not having Spirit. 
1:20  But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, 
1:21  keep yourselves in God’s love, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Mark 16:14  And afterward he was manifested to the eleven themselves as they sat at meat; and he rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them that had seen him risen from the dead. 
16:15  And he said to them, Go into all the world, and preach the gospel to the whole creation. 
16:16  Who hath believed and is baptized shall be saved; but who hath disbelieved shall be condemned. 
16:17  And these signs shall follow them that have believed: in my name shall they cast out demons, speak with tongues; 
16:18  and in their hands they shall take up serpents, and if they drink aught deadly, it shall in now wise hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. 
16:19  So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. 
16:20  And THEY went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word by the signs that followed. 

Now back to my original statement of the problem with tongues... as it has been so apply demonstrated and affirmed by those practicing that is intuition and feelings that determine their acceptance of tongues to be of God and Not His Word.... 

1 minute ago, Chicken coop2 said:

I know it's true because it's in the bible and there has been many posts in this thread containing verses to support it. And I know I have experienced it personally because I have experienced it personally.  I see no reason to continue this topic because you don't believe such a thing exists. I have seen you post tons of things in every thread that comes up about tongues.  Ok, you don't believe it's real.  I really don't care.  I'm not going to try and change your mind because I consider it impossible to do. So, have a lovely day. 

Try to keep it to substance of posts and not to the individual....  the fact in dispute is the trying of the spirits using God’s Word is left completely out in this present day tongues business -because- it bypasses the need of God’s Word to verify it’s of God and that should bring anyone to a halt and examine this reality....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Paul James said:

The "we" would include those who read into 1 Corinthians 14, and ignore the parts that don't go along with their pet views of what they think tongues is, which is usually based on uninformed nonsense.

you are making statements about "we" which includes everyone.   It's hard to take anything seriously when one does that.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

8 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

My very first day in Korea the person who picked my up at the airport was talking to the English Secretary in the back seat.  The driver said something to the secretary.  He didn't understand.  So I repeated it for him. The driver said:

I think we are lost. Look under my seat there is a map.

They both were so surprised that I understood.  Turns out the driver was speaking in Korean and I heard English.  I didn't even know a single word yet in Korean at that time.  It was very interesting. 

And just like that the gift of interpretation is endued.

57 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

It's not the end of the world. 

Almost. 

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

because- it bypasses the need of God’s Word to verify it’s of God and that should bring anyone to a halt and examine this reality....

the reality of God's word that we experience today in the Spirit-filled church - the Pentecostal church - the body of Christ 

1Cor 14:26  What is it then, brethren? When ye come together, each hath a psalm, hath a teaching, hath a revelation, hath a tongue, hath an interpretation. Let all things be unto edifying. 
14:27  If any speaketh in a tongue, let it be by two, or at the most three, and in turn; and let one interpret: 
14:28  but if there be no interpreter, let him be silent in church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. 
14:29  And let prophets speak by two or three, and let the others discern. 
14:30  But if a revelation be made to another sitting by, let the first be silent. 
14:31  For ye all can prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be exhorted; 
14:32  (and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets; 
14:33  for God is not a God of confusion, but of peace), as in all the churches of the saints. 

This is how we do it at our meetings (when we come together) - God speaking to the saints directly confirming his word.