OneAccord

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

They are apostate. Meaning they were called and chosen and maybe some of them believed for a short time. They buy and have bought the lie. They are apostate because they believe if you set in church on Sunday this makes you a good person. They have no relationship with the risen Lord.

They never died to self. The churchs are full of them.

Hi Dr. Luke,

I must disagree. There is a big difference between those who are called and those who are chosen. I believe it is a mistake to combine the two. The Bible says, "Many are called, but few are chosen. Which shows a very clear separation between the two.

The definition of apostate is:

one who commits apostasy

The definition of apostasy is :

1 : renunciation of a religious faith

2 : abandonment of a previous loyalty : DEFECTION

They may very well have been called, but they were never chosen, or predestined from the beginning. God was fair to them, but they really didn't want what was being offered.

These are defecters of the faith, and I would highly doubt you would see them attending a spirit filled church. These will be filling a church that is preaching a different doctrine, but it won't be the truth.

Then the matter of not dying to self would be one of becoming lukewarm, but this would be an entirely different subject altogether IMHO. Just a couple of cents I thought I would throw into the little pot. Cheerio!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  1

I wonder about the church of Philidelphia. It is the only one that was truly pleasing to the Lord. Have you seen why?

Here is what is pointedly significant about them:

Revelation

3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

what does kept mean?

to attend to carefully, take care of

to guard

metaph. to keep, one in the state in which he is

to observe

to reserve: to undergo something

And what does keep mean, when Jesus says he will keep us from the hour of temptation which shall come upon all the world?

It is the very same word.

So Jesus says, if we "keep and observe His Word, He will do the same for us".

And then the word patience, in the phrase "kept the Word of my patience?

patience: Comes from the same word used in James 5:11

Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

Just something to meditate on.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Another thread that goes into further discussion and is relevant to this topic:

http://www.worthyboards.com/forums/index.p...10&t=1086&st=60

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder about the church of Philidelphia.  It is the only one that was truly pleasing to the Lord.  Have you seen why? 

Here is what is pointedly significant about them:

Revelation

3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

what does kept mean?

to attend to carefully, take care of

to guard

metaph. to keep, one in the state in which he is

to observe

to reserve: to undergo something

And what does keep mean, when Jesus says he will keep us from the hour of temptation which shall come upon all the world?

It is the very same word. 

So Jesus says, if we "keep and observe His Word, He will do the same for us".

And then the word patience, in the phrase "kept the Word of my patience?

patience: Comes from the same word used in James 5:11

Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

Just something to meditate on.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Suzanne

I noticed you were interested in the Church of philadelphia so I took three parts of my book and cut and pasted them into one. So keep that in mind they are not in order as the book has it.

PHILADELPHIA

Revelation 3

7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

The Church of Philadelphia has an open door that no one can shut. The key of David opens it. The key of David is the key of faith, hope and love. King David did a few things that changed the old stuffy order of the Tabernacle of Moses. When he brought back the Ark of the Covenant that the enemies captured back to Jerusalem. He pitched a three- sided tent on Mount Zion where all could come into the presence of the Lord. This is known as the tabernacle of David. There they could praise God with song and dance. It was a revival like never seen before, even women and children could rejoice in God

Hi Brad,

Well, I'm wondering, cause I can't really tell, since you didn't comment either way? Does that mean you are not in agreement with what was posted in keeping His Word?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience

What is the "the word of my patience".

In your patience possess ye your souls.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

Suzanne

I noticed you were interested in the Church of philadelphia so I took three parts of my book and cut and pasted them into one. So keep that in mind they are not in order as the book has it . . . .

The Church of Philadelphia has an open door that no one can shut.

Guest shadow2b

Suzanne

I noticed you were interested in the Church of philadelphia so I took three parts of my book and cut and pasted them into one. So keep that in mind they are not in order as the book has it . . . .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Suzanne