Resurrection Priest

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

My question is for those who believe there will be a resurrection of both the just and the unjust at the Glorious Return of Christ.

Why a resurrection, IF those dead in Christ are living in the Heavenly realm (without any body or with the "spiritual body"),

and those dead NOT in Christ went to Hades/Hell?

I'm seriously asking.  What is the teaching on this?  Do the dead need to be resurrected, so they can have bodies, so they can live on this physical earth?  Is that why they need to be resurrected? 

I see in 2Cor 5:1-8, that there's a physical mortal tent (in which we groan) AND there's the "spiritual body" - the new tent prepared by God.  I also see a state of nakedness.  What is that?  Is that death?  Is that Hell?  In your view. 

I'm trying to understand the NEED FOR resurrection. 

Thanks   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

this old earth will be no more one day and a new one will be, thus a resurrection to the new.

OK.  But I'm asking about bodies for humans.  Why do humans who are living in the heavenly/spiritual realm - since they died, need to be resurrected?  Do they need to be resurrected to receive a body?  Do they need a body to function in the physical world?

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Resurrection Priest said:

OK.  But I'm asking about bodies for humans.  Why do humans who are living in the heavenly/spiritual realm - since they died, need to be resurrected?  Do they need to be resurrected to receive a body?  Do they need a body to function in the physical world?

I have asked a similar question before. 

What I understand from what I read in scripture is that if both are true then in heaven we don't have bodies till the resurrection when our bodies are resurrected, changed and we are reunited with new bodies. 

Maybe. That's just my thoughts. 

The 24 Elders cast their crowns before the throne of God, in Heaven.  What are they wearing their crowns on - if not heads (attached to bodies)?   The 24 Elders are humans.  They claim to be from every nation, kindred, tongue and people.  

To me, it looks like one must have a body - to function - at all.   

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

The reason why resurrection is because God does not go back on His word.

"Israel's dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise."
Isaiah 26:19

"..I will open up your graves and bring you up out of your graves.. 
Come from the four winds, Oh breath of life, and breath upon these slain that they may live."
Ezekiel 37:1-14

"He shall send forth His angels with a great sound of a trumpet and they shall gather together
His chosen ones from the four winds"
Matthew 24:31

"There shall be a resurrection of the dead, of both the just and unjust" Acts 24:15

The resurrection of the just happens at the glorious return of Christ,
but the resurrection of the unjust happens after Christ and His saints have reigned for 1000 years.
Revelation 20:4-5.

And one does not have to have a body to function,
God is a spirit with no form [John 4:24, Deut. 4:12-19] and He functions very well.

-------

I believe that this current land and sky are turned over to divine fire/lava. [2 Peter 3:10-12, Rev 20:13-15, 21:1-2]
This sea becomes lava instead of water, the dust becomes pitch and brimstone, [Isaiah 34:9-10, Rev 21:1]
this place becomes the lake of fire.

Those who have loved Christ and longed for His appearing will be with Him forever,
and thereby saved from this hell,
those who have loved this current world, this hell, will be allowed to stay here,
they each having a place prepared for them among the fire world, which is this world without any water.

I know this, I have "figured it out" in a righteous manner; guided by the Holy Spirit.

And there are evil ones who have also "figured it out" "the bigger the river, the bigger the drought"
their goal is to try to just survive in the "fire world" ('fire world I love you')
Using advanced technology, they think they will be able to be just fine in the fire world,
they want to do things such as transfer their consciousness into special titanium alloy bodies,
and the anti-Christ and false prophet will try to bring the world at large into their schemes against God.

For some proof of that, simply watch the video by 'Highly Suspect' of their song 'hello my name is human',
watch the video as you read the lyrics to the song, they are most certainly not speaking about aliens,
but rather about the coming fire world, and their plans to try to survive in it.

The just will receive bodies that are completely immortal
'on such the second death has no power'.
I believe that the bodies that the unjust receive will be more powerful than our current bodies,
but not immortal, those bodies will be able to be destroyed by the second death.

God in His wisdom knew that the evil ones would plan to put themselves into their own kind of body,
but they will be snatched out of even their titanium cyborg bodies, and thrown into the lake of fire
in a body that can feel the pain of the fire, and that can be consumed by the fire.

3 hours ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

The resurrection of the just happens at the glorious return of Christ,
but the resurrection of the unjust happens after Christ and His saints have reigned for 1000 years.
Revelation 20:4-5.

This is getting off my original question:  Why the need for a resurrection, if those who die in Christ are living in the Heavenly realm?

But I can address my belief concerning the different resurrections.

Daniel 12:1 "At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people-- everyone whose name is found written in the book-- will be delivered. 2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever." 

Looks like BOTH righteous and wicked are resurrected at the Glorious Return.  The majority will be the wicked.  ("Few there be that find it.")  It will be judgment day.

Rev  Cpt 19 and 20, to verse 5, tells of the righteous, the wicked, and "the rest."  

I personally believe "the rest" will be those who died as children or died in ignorance (had no knowledge of true God or His Son).  I believe they will be resurrected at the 8th millennium, to continue their lives - learn of God and "His ways" - then choose to serve either Christ the reigning King on the earth, or join the Army of Gog/Magog (We know how that ends.)  

What is the state of nakedness, in 2Cor 5:1-8?

2 Corinthians 5:3 "if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked."

There's our present "house" (body). 

There's the new "house" (spiritual body) - not manmade. 

I see three states of being.  1. old house  2. new house 3. naked

I believe the state of nakedness is without a body = dead.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Why the need for a resurrection, if those who die in Christ are living in the Heavenly realm?

No matter what we think of heaven and how those there live,
one main reason that resurrection will happen is simply because God promised it would.
Job 19:25-27, Isaiah 26:19, Jeremiah 30:9, Ezekiel 37:1-14, Daniel 12:2.

I think that in heaven now those who have died in the Lord are there,
and they have a greater experience than we physically have, true reality is spiritual not physical.

We wrestle not against flesh and blood...

There is an actual spiritual realm, the Heavenly realm is a spiritual realm.
Spirits do not have flesh and blood as we have; Luke 24:37-39.
I believe that upon death the spirit of the believer resides in heaven and experiences things,
true reality is spiritual not physical. We are literal spirits inside of flesh;  1 Kings 17:17-22.

We may receive our immortal bodies right away when we arrive in heaven upon death,
we can generally conclude so from 2 Corinthians 5:1.
But it's not needed for us to have a body, because ultimate reality is spiritual not physical.

Paul in 2 Cor 5 is speaking about the hope of literally getting out of this decaying body,
and into an immortal body.

So in 2 Cor 5:10 the ending part would be better understood as "the things done in this body"

Our flesh is the clothes of our spirit, literally.

God breathed into Adam the breath of life and he became a living soul.

Adam and Eve had clothes over their spirit, their physical bodies,
and at the first I think they had instinctive knowledge of this,
and therefore were not ashamed of their physical nakedness.
But after they ate the fruit they became more physically aware and less spiritually aware,
and therefore ashamed of their physical nakedness.
And ever since, humanities spiritual instinctive awareness has diminished.

At the end every believer will be physically resurrected, to have different physical bodies that are physical
but yet spiritually based, I think simply the spirit on the outside holding in the flesh (thus walking through walls and other such things) our spirit now is inside of our flesh (thus what we do in the flesh now, matters eternally)

The unjust would be raised with bodies that still have spirit on the inside.

And such is what I think Paul means by spiritual body,
one based on the spirit instead of the flesh,
but nevertheless containing physical parts.

So by not be found naked, Paul means that our spirit will have a body.

1 hour ago, Resurrection Priest said:

Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

"I saw thrones and they that sat on them... and they lived and reigned with Christ 1000 years
But the rest of the dead lived not again until after the 1000 years were finished.
This is the first resurrection" Revelation 20:4-5

From the Daniel passage we can not really conclude a time frame,
we can assume it as happening at the same time, but the passage does not directly say that.

When we put all the passages about resurrection together we get more of a time frame.

All of the prophetical passages about resurrection are speaking about the 1 same resurrection event.

Isaiah 26:19 Resurrections,
Isaiah 27:1-2 Two beasts slain.

Revelation 19:7-19, the marriage of the Lamb, Resurrections,
Revelation 19:20-21 Two beasts slain.

Ezekiel 37:1-14 Resurrections
Ezekiel 37:15-28 Reign
Ezekiel 38 and 39 Gog and Magog

Revelation 20:4-5 Resurrections
Revelation 20:5-7 Reign
Revelation 20:7-10 Gog and Magog

Daniel is also referring to the resurrections that happen when the anti-Christ is defeated.
It is because of Ezekiel 37:9-10 together with Matthew 24:31 that we can conclude
that the army in Revelation 19 is an 'exceedingly great army' of resurrected saints 'from the four winds'
Also Joel 2:11 speaks of that same army; the Lord uttering His voice "before His army".

-------

There shall be a resurrection of the dead of both the just and unjust

But every man in his order, Christ the first fruits,
afterwards they that belong to Christ at His coming, then comes the end..

the rest of the dead lived not again until after the 1000 years were finished.
This is the first resurrection.

When the 1000 years are finished Satan shall be let loose out of his prison
and shall go out to gather the nations.. Gog and Magog..

A fire came down from God out of the sky and destroyed them..

We can conclude from 2 Peter 3:10-12 that that final fire also consumes the whole world,
the sky, the sea and everything.
Then there is a resurrection of the unjust,
the sea death and hades give up the dead in them.
And those unjust are left in the fire that consumes this world.
A great city comes down and the saints enter it,
our final state is both spiritual and physical at the same time and fully aware of it.
Like how Christ's resurrected body is.
We will be very confident in our immortality and grateful to God for it.

Edited by Desopixi Seilynam

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

This no doubt a good question, and I am sure it is one of the crucial factors which keeps us Christian folks like good and sometimes bad ducks in  row attempting to live up to the image of Christ as the standard set by the Father.So then the purpose of "resurrection" from the Christian perspective from the following source. lies in the fact that "The first preachers were sure that Christ had risen, and sure, in consequence , that believers would in due course rise also.

This set them off from all other teachers of the ancient world.There are resurrections elsewhere,but none of them is like  that of Christ...Nothing is more characteristic of even the best thought of the day than ...hopelessness in the face of death...The Christian idea of resurrection is to be distinguished from both Greek and Jewish ideas.

The Greeks thought of the body as a hindrance to true life and they looked for the time when the soul would be free from its shackles.They conceived of life after death in terms of the immortality of the soul, but they firmly rejected all ideas of resurrection (eg , the mockery of Paul's preaching in Acts 17:32)

The Jews were firmly persuaded of the values of the body , and thought these would not be lost.They thus looked for the body to be raised.But they thought it would be exactly the same body (Apoc.Baruch,1.2)The Christians thought of the body as being raised , but also transformed so as to be a suitable vehicle for the very different life of the age to come (I Cor. 15.42 ff.)The Christian idea is thus distinctive."(Douglas J.D and others. The New Bible Dictionary,p 1086.)

Although we are not in position to know exactly how this all pans out in the finite mind-set. It remains a mystery  according to this perspective by hermeneuties authority Bob Utley "Co_15:42-49 The Bible does not specifically or fully reveal the things related to the afterlife. Probably because we are not able in our fallen, temporal, earthly state to comprehend them. This paragraph discusses the resurrection body by comparing it to the earthly body. Yet, still it is not precise. All that can be said is that our new bodies will be perfectly prepared for life, fellowship, worship, and service of our God in the new age. In light of this, the exact form is irrelevant (cf. Php_3:21; 1Jn_3:2)."(Utley .You Can Understand the Bible ibiblio.ca.e-Sword.2019.Web.)

Edited by Hands On
grammar