IGNORED

Pale Percy Pessimist On America As Sodom.

JAG**

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

16 hours ago, other one said:
16 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

If God does not judge America soon, He owes an apology to Sodom & Gomorrah.

Paraphrased from memory ~ Ruth Graham

I would disagree.  There were no decent people there.

Actually, there was one: Lot. (2 Pet. 2:7)

Sodom and Gomorrah in those days probably did not have many people. So, percentage-wise, the situation for the U.S. as a whole might not be much different.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

16 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Sodom and Gomorrah in those days probably did not have many people. So, percentage-wise, the situation for the U.S. as a whole might not be much different.

It's hard for me to consider Lot righteous when he got drunk and got both his daughters pregnant. I have always considered Lots relation to Abraham the reason they were removed.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,469
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Some things I've noticed reading scripture, God always gave the people a warning through His Prophets, or a wakeup call before judgment came. By all appearances, most judgments came shortly after the sin(s) and abominations became the law of the land (and acceptable practice) of the city or nation. 

As far as U.S. percentages; I seen a poll a several years ago pertaining to homosexuality. I don't remember the exact percentage, but I remember it was well over 50%. That over 50% of Americans are gay, and/or they supported and approve of gay rights. 

Since that poll it has become even worse. Hundreds of corporations and companies are now using the rainbow colors on their logos and advertisements. Businesses and credit card companies are running commercials supporting gay pride, and be how you are. Lighting up the "White House" in rainbow colors in celebration of an abomination. 

We all know what the rainbow represents and why it was set in place. How do we suppose the Lord feels about that? 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,137
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Some things I've noticed reading scripture, God always gave the people a warning through His Prophets, or a wakeup call before judgment came. By all appearances, most judgments came shortly after the sin(s) and abominations became the law of the land (and acceptable practice) of the city or nation. 

As far as U.S. percentages; I seen a poll a several years ago pertaining to homosexuality. I don't remember the exact percentage, but I remember it was well over 50%. That over 50% of Americans are gay, and/or they supported and approve of gay rights. 

Since that poll it has become even worse. Hundreds of corporations and companies are now using the rainbow colors on their logos and advertisements. Businesses and credit card companies are running commercials supporting gay pride, and be how you are. Lighting up the "White House" in rainbow colors in celebration of an abomination. 

We all know what the rainbow represents and why it was set in place. How do we suppose the Lord feels about that? 

You may have poll results confused, brother. From what I was able to find (a Gallup poll), approximately 5.6% of the U.S population is homosexual. The same organization --- Gallup --- reports 70% of the U.S. population as supporting "gay marriage." The latter poll was dated from June of this year. 

8 hours ago, Marathoner said:

You may have poll results confused, brother. From what I was able to find (a Gallup poll), approximately 5.6% of the U.S population is homosexual. The same organization --- Gallup --- reports 70% of the U.S. population as supporting "gay marriage." The latter poll was dated from June of this year. 

I thought that is what I was conveying? The % of the gay population + the % that support it = over 50%. No confusion, perhaps I didn't clarify my thoughts succinctly? 

As I said, I only recalled it was well over 50% at the time I seen the poll, I remember that because I was somewhat shocked at that number at the time. 

So much has transpired since then, I'm no longer shocked at your new data of 70%. That alone should be saying something about our country, and our future and destiny. Will God continue to bless America? Or are we seeing right now, America being turned over to the lusts of their flesh, the withdraw of God's hand of protection, and turned over to a reprobate mind? I suspect we are experiencing remedial judgment at the moment; with national judgment around the bend. 

Romans 1:28 (KJV) And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Speaking of the word "reprobate." Taken in the definition, application, and context; of the verse above. Are we not now constantly seeing it in word, action and deed, from our Washington Masters, gay rights adherents, liberals, radicals, state politicians, the United Nations, the Pope, etc.? Correct me if my view is obscure. 

REP´ROBATE, a. [L. reprobatus, reprobo, to disallow; re and probo, to prove.]
 1. Not enduring proof or trial; not of standard purity or fineness; disallowed; rejected.
  Reprobate silver shall men call them, because the Lord hath rejected them. Jer. 6.
 2. Abandoned in sin; lost to virtue or grace.
  They profess that they know God, but in works deny him, being abominable and disobedient, and to every good work reprobate. Tit. 1.
 3. Abandoned to error, or in apostasy. 2 Tim. 3.
 REP´ROBATE, n. A person abandoned to sin; one lost to virtue and religion.
  I acknowledge myself a reprobate, a villain, a traitor to the king.      Raleigh.
 REP´ROBATE, v. t. To disapprove with detestation or marks of extreme dislike; to disallow; to reject. It expresses more than disapprove or disallow. We disapprove of slight faults and improprieties; we reprobate what is mean or criminal.
 2. In a milder sense, to disallow.
  Such an answer as this, is reprobated and disallowed of in law.      Ayliffe.
 3. To abandon to wickedness and eternal destruction.      Hammond.
 4. To abandon to his sentence, without hope of pardon.
      Drive him out
  To reprobated exile.

Noah Webster, Noah Webster’s First Edition of An American Dictionary of the English Language. (Anaheim, CA: Foundation for American Christian Education, 2006).

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

I think it can be dangerous to look at percentages as a way to determine if a nation is ripe for God's judgement. I have been caught up in it myself in looking at Sodom and Gomorrah. Actually a two fer deal on the judgement end. 

I seen it a few posts above. The idea that WHEN THE RULES OF A GOVERNMENT SUPPORT AND CONDONE a behavior that God says is a sin ESPECIALLY a sin called an abomination in the Bible seems to hold more weight than the percentages of the citizenry that would accept or deny the validity of said sin. God judges both nations and individuals. The idea of officially sanctioning a behavior by a set of rules ( as then president Obama did ) is about as close as you can get to having a target on your nation for judgment. To be fair even nations like Israel have large openly homosexual groups and parades. I'm not sure if Israel sanctions such behavior through legislation the way the US has in forcing insurance companies to treat them as married couples with the same benefits among other things.

Many other nations have these same ideas and see it was a way for the world to get out of the dark ages. These blind elitists see themselves as heralding in a new and better society. Danny has two daddies, yeah ok. No It's NOT ok. 

Some men and women have had these urges that many argue are natural. I would agree. In the same way murder and adultery and any other fornication is 'natural' because natural men have sinful tendencies which need to be covered under the blood of Christ and NOT encouraged or society slowly unravels until we have nothing left. Child trafficking is a very real thing. Don't be one of the ones who only listened after your very own grand child or child was taken. These are the types of things that are natural progressions of a fallen society. It affects ALL of us to some degree.

I don't think it has gone unnoticed this is the trend of the entire WORLD right now. Driven on by NWO political forces who are heavily into behavioral modification. These 'agendas' are popping up all over the planet. Admittedly it's worse in some parts of the world than others. Some places like Los Angeles CA are meccas of homosexual fornication. I recently watched a documentary on the condition of Los Angeles. It's a huge mess. Is anyone surprised? The liberals pushing this mush out blame everything else, even us for the state of affairs. These things go hand in hand ,  sex with anyone, drug use and addiction, a younger generation hell bent on destruction of all things we once held as bastions. Even those who consider themselves 'straight' or normal accept the behavior of these others which is the same as condoning it. They most often look the other way with no concern as to how this will affect them and their families into the future. 

All of these things are fast becoming world problems, not just US problems which is why when God begins to seriously judge I think it will be the entire earth as this moves along.

People want nothing to do with God, so He will give them what they wanted. Since God holds everything stable up, when He goes the whole house of cards goes.

The real question is what will the Lord allow US to go through as a result. I would like to think He will protect us but we may be in for a time of persecution where it hasn't happened before. Daniel was rescued and brought to the king's palace, but in reading between the lines what did he loose? And what did he gain by being there? God protected him and led him there but don't forget his enemies tried to get him killed. We won't be judged like the wicked but we are still probably along for the ride and will feel some of the after effects. If you voted for a pro gay pro abortion candidate you will get what you deserve.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I thought that is what I was conveying? The % of the gay population + the % that support it = over 50%. No confusion, perhaps I didn't clarify my thoughts succinctly? 

As I said, I only recalled it was well over 50% at the time I seen the poll, I remember that because I was somewhat shocked at that number at the time. 

So much has transpired since then, I'm no longer shocked at your new data of 70%. That alone should be saying something about our country, and our future and destiny. Will God continue to bless America? Or are we seeing right now, America being turned over to the lusts of their flesh, the withdraw of God's hand of protection, and turned over to a reprobate mind? I suspect we are experiencing remedial judgment at the moment; with national judgment around the bend. 

Romans 1:28 (KJV) And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Speaking of the word "reprobate." Taken in the definition, application, and context; of the verse above. Are we not now constantly seeing it in word, action and deed, from our Washington Masters, gay rights adherents, liberals, radicals, state politicians, the United Nations, the Pope, etc.? Correct me if my view is obscure. 

REP´ROBATE, a. [L. reprobatus, reprobo, to disallow; re and probo, to prove.]
 1. Not enduring proof or trial; not of standard purity or fineness; disallowed; rejected.
  Reprobate silver shall men call them, because the Lord hath rejected them. Jer. 6.
 2. Abandoned in sin; lost to virtue or grace.
  They profess that they know God, but in works deny him, being abominable and disobedient, and to every good work reprobate. Tit. 1.
 3. Abandoned to error, or in apostasy. 2 Tim. 3.
 REP´ROBATE, n. A person abandoned to sin; one lost to virtue and religion.
  I acknowledge myself a reprobate, a villain, a traitor to the king.      Raleigh.
 REP´ROBATE, v. t. To disapprove with detestation or marks of extreme dislike; to disallow; to reject. It expresses more than disapprove or disallow. We disapprove of slight faults and improprieties; we reprobate what is mean or criminal.
 2. In a milder sense, to disallow.
  Such an answer as this, is reprobated and disallowed of in law.      Ayliffe.
 3. To abandon to wickedness and eternal destruction.      Hammond.
 4. To abandon to his sentence, without hope of pardon.
      Drive him out
  To reprobated exile.

Noah Webster, Noah Webster’s First Edition of An American Dictionary of the English Language. (Anaheim, CA: Foundation for American Christian Education, 2006).

You wrote that over 50% Americans are gay and/or support so-called gay marriage, which we know isn't a marriage, but that's a tangential issue. 

5% of the US population are homosexual, and about 70% of Americans support that abomination as of 2021. Big difference in the statistics. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Starise said:

I think it can be dangerous to look at percentages as a way to determine if a nation is ripe for God's judgement. 

I agree because theft, murder, sorceries, falsehood, and all manner of wickedness under the sun are commonplace in this world. One cannot focus upon one abomination alone because the nations of this earth revel in them all. I characterize this truth as the customs of this world. 

However, if one is going to cite statistics, it helps to accurately relay that information. That's all. :) 

Edited by Marathoner

In any case, the nations of this earth --- the United States included --- have already been judged. Everything proceeds according to the will and purpose of the Lord Almighty, of this there is no doubt. 

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

You wrote that over 50% Americans are gay and/or support so-called gay marriage, which we know isn't a marriage, but that's a tangential issue. 

5% of the US population are homosexual, and about 70% of Americans support that abomination as of 2021. Big difference in the statistics. :) 

Not to bicker so the thread gets locked. The intent was: gay + supporters = 50+ %. I should have left off the "or" I suppose.