• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

I've seen people argue endlessly about whether the sabbath should be Saturday or Sunday. The sabbath is supposed to be the last day of the week, and if you look at a calendar, that would be Saturday. On the other hand, when I get up on Monday morning, it feels like a new week.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

27 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I've seen people argue endlessly about whether the sabbath should be Saturday or Sunday. The sabbath is supposed to be the last day of the week, and if you look at a calendar, that would be Saturday. On the other hand, when I get up on Monday morning, it feels like a new week.

Quite frankly does it matter whether one worships on a Saturday or a Sunday so long as one worships.

We are living in a materialistic world where the idea of a day of rest for the purpose of worship is not recognised.

Employers are viewing Sunday as just another day of business and are making it difficult for people to specify a set day off each week.

We could easily end up in the situation where it is a dismissals offence to attend church or to be identified as Christian.

How then would those who demand Saturday worship or Sunday worship fare.

19 minutes ago, Who me said:

Quite frankly does it matter whether one worships on a Saturday or a Sunday so long as one worships.

We are living in a materialistic world where the idea of a day of rest for the purpose of worship is not recognised.

Employers are viewing Sunday as just another day of business and are making it difficult for people to specify a set day off each week.

We could easily end up in the situation where it is a dismissals offence to attend church or to be identified as Christian.

How then would those who demand Saturday worship or Sunday worship fare.

I don't personally think it matters if you worship on Saturday or Sunday - or some other day if you have to work on Saturday or Sunday - but some feel very strongly that one should worship on Saturday, as it's the last day of the week. I would challenge their belief that Saturday is the last day of the week. Who says it's the last day of the week? I could rearrange my calendar and make Wednesday the last day of the week. 

It really sickens me that the employer I had before I retired required their employees to work 15 consecutive days during the busy season, and if you worked in the returns department, you had to do that twice. They would allow exceptions for people who brought a note from their pastor, but I've heard that is no longer allowed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

We should worship everyday as He blesses us every day.  As for a day of rest, that goes according to what He brings your way each day.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  910
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

It really sickens me that the employer I had before I retired required their employees to work 15 consecutive days during the busy season...

A day of rest is important.  In Exodus and Deuteronomy a day of rest is commanded for even the animals.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Paul talks about these things:

Rom. 14:1 (NAS20S)   Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not to have quarrels over opinions.   One person has faith that he may eat all things, but the one who is weak eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats is not to regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to judge the one who eats, for God has accepted him.   Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Rom. 14:5 (NAS20S)    One person values one day over another, another values every day the same. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 The one who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and the one who eats, does so with regard to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and the one who does not eat, it is for the Lord that he does not eat, and he gives thanks to God.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, OneLight said:

We should worship everyday as He blesses us every day.  As for a day of rest, that goes according to what He brings your way each day.

We should be in contant prayer (1 Thessalonians 5:17), wouldn't you say?

3 hours ago, SisterWells said:

A day of rest is important.  In Exodus and Deuteronomy a day of rest is commanded for even the animals.

Yes, it would seem to me a day of rest is very important each week. The Lord rested on the seventh day.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

The sabbath is supposed to be the last day of the week, and if you look at a calendar, that would be Saturday.

Not for Spirit-filled Christians who are set free from the Law of Moses 

Colossians 2:16  Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. 
17  These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. 

We enter the Sabbath, that is we rest from our own labours, through the indwelling Holy Spirit 

Hebrews 4:9  So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 
10  for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his. 
11  Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

2 minutes ago, Waggles said:

Not for Spirit-filled Christians who are set free from the Law of Moses 

Colossians 2:16  Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. 
17  These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. 

We enter the Sabbath, that is we rest from our own labours, through the indwelling Holy Spirit 

Hebrews 4:9  So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 
10  for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his. 
11  Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience. 

Are you opposed to sin?