• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi family in Christ.

I made a tidy sum of money on the Olympics through betting. ( please don't judge me)

I generally tithe on my salary and I believe all clean income like business profits, inheritance,  tax returns etc should be tithed on.

Gambling winnings? I'm not too sure what to make of it.

Obviously it's not God's will for us to gamble and he surely cant be pleased to boost the church's finances through such an unclean source-He doesn't need that in the first place. 

Secondly I already heard how my pastor feels about gambling- He thinks it's a demonic thing. ( I agree actually). I don't think I would feel good to tithe to my local church and see that they maybe bought musical instruments for example with that impure money. 

To tithe to another ministry, is not really tithing, then it's more like an offering. I believe tithing is to give x amount (10% on your income) to your local church where you are fed with the word.

The bible says " money that comes easily disappears quickly,  but whoever gathers little by little makes it grow"

So my plan is to pay off debt that will free up a big chunk of my salary ( that I can save or invest- clean source).

So that's it in a nutshell...

Feel free to share your thoughts/opinions on weather or not one should tithe on gambling winnings. 

PS: Not going back to gambling. Was more like a once off thing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  5

You could go around and give money to the homeless and/ or people holding up signs for help.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Or you could give it all as a promise never to gamble again. You have already admitted you think its wrong...next step is to give it up.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

3 hours ago, Raymond2020 said:

Hi family in Christ.

I made a tidy sum of money on the Olympics through betting. ( please don't judge me)

I generally tithe on my salary and I believe all clean income like business profits, inheritance,  tax returns etc should be tithed on.

Gambling winnings? I'm not too sure what to make of it.

Obviously it's not God's will for us to gamble and he surely cant be pleased to boost the church's finances through such an unclean source-He doesn't need that in the first place. 

Secondly I already heard how my pastor feels about gambling- He thinks it's a demonic thing. ( I agree actually). I don't think I would feel good to tithe to my local church and see that they maybe bought musical instruments for example with that impure money. 

To tithe to another ministry, is not really tithing, then it's more like an offering. I believe tithing is to give x amount (10% on your income) to your local church where you are fed with the word.

The bible says " money that comes easily disappears quickly,  but whoever gathers little by little makes it grow"

So my plan is to pay off debt that will free up a big chunk of my salary ( that I can save or invest- clean source).

So that's it in a nutshell...

Feel free to share your thoughts/opinions on weather or not one should tithe on gambling winnings. 

PS: Not going back to gambling. Was more like a once off thing.

You state that you agree with your pastor that gambling is demonic. Admission of this and also, the admission that you gambled can be discerned as you succumbed to temptation and thus, you sinned.

If the Holy Spirit is convicting you of this as a sin... how is "He" guiding you? Is use of the money to payoff debt another temptation preventing you from hearing the Holy Spirit's guidance? 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

I do not believe require tithing is active in NT times, 

2 Corinthians 9:. 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of [f]necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.

that being said. If you do, or you decide that tithing is what you want to do. then it is based on 10% of all your increase....which would mean gambling winnings

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Raymond2020 said:

Hi family in Christ.

:) You got to be kidding, right.
Besides, God doesn't need/want your money.
He owns it all.
He wants you, Raymond.....

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Gambling... something I never touch. Well had this dream when I was young. I worked where my mom did a restaurant then going through these double western like doors was the bar. In this dream it was that bar and I put 25c in this machine got this card you scratch off..and I won. The woman behind the bar opens this draw and there was this huge bottle of Champaign something I had never seen before...yet seems there really was something like that in real life. I said I don't drink. I noticed 2 people that ran the bible study I went to were at this bar yet their drinks were.. full of colors and a different glasses . He comes up and says I can't take this I need to repent and in front of me now was this beautiful red and colors alter .

I then was somewhere else still holding this check they gave me. It was all white yet a bush in the center was burning yet not burning. All my friends were there and I knew I had to put it in the fire. As I started.. I got these thoughts of doubt.. no keep the check.. then the dream was over. There was never any fear or the like. Just know what He was saying .. to this day 60 years later will not gamble. This is ME

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06

On 8/12/2021 at 6:04 AM, Josheb said:

Proverbs 16:33

Part of the problem lies within the use of the word "tithe" and the hard to shake belief a tenth is all that God expects. That was the Old Testament. In the New Testament the expectation is radically changed. You have been purchased and everything you have - including your very being - is His. The New Testament standard is 100%, not 10. 

Cheerful
Generous
Giving

Based on... 

Real need 

and God's leading 

That is what should be done with ALL of God's provision. Do not treat as unclean that which God has made clean. 

Tithe was never money.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/09/1960

I agree, like profit from owning a BAR or a STRIP CLUB or any other sinful business....that money is DIRTY $....God doesn't want it.  But I think think you are playing with fire....  You seem to clearly KNOW that gambling is wrong and Christians shouldn't have anything to do with it....

God tells us ~ 

James 4:17  Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Tithe on gambling winnings?

Games isn't something that the Creator approves, let alone gambling. 

About tithes, they were abrogated by Jesus on the cross.