M45510G1C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,277
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I keep hearing all over the news about looting going on in New Orleans. Then I hear it's all over the radio people complaining about the looting. This seems so shallow that people are actually complaining about looting. A lot of people left behind are poor. They cannot afford much gas money, yet alone a hotel room for days on end. These people are very scared and desperate. To them there whole world just practically came to an end. Besides that, there are no clerks anywhere in sight to purchase from anyway. As far as I'm concerned they should just take everything they need. We maybe need to stop and put ourselves in there shoes. I pray with all my heart all that need rescued, get rescued. Our focus needs to stay on that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they are taking things to keep themselves alive I would agree.... if they are looting other things I would disagree.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I keep hearing all over the news about looting going on in New Orleans. Then I hear it's all over the radio people complaining about the looting. This seems so shallow that people are actually complaining about looting. A lot of people left behind are poor. They cannot afford much gas money, yet alone a hotel room for days on end. These people are very scared and desperate. To them there whole world just practically came to an end. Besides that, there are no clerks anywhere in sight to purchase from anyway. As far as I'm concerned they should just take everything they need. We maybe need to stop and put ourselves in there shoes. I pray with all my heart all that need rescued, get rescued. Our focus needs to stay on that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they are taking things to keep themselves alive I would agree.... if they are looting other things I would disagree.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder which poor underpriveledged family got the gun collection out of Walmart? :)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

The thing with the looting is that some of the people are from other places, driving to dry locations, looting, placing the goods in the car, and then home to where they have food, beds, cloths. The ones that are looting the grocery stores are seeking food and water. The ones looting Wal-mart are taking tvs, toys, electronics, etc.

The ones that take advantage of those who have lost so much are sometimes so much more worse off: they have cold hearts. :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/16/1976

I wonder what the long term effects from this will be on our entire country.

Not just with gas prices and such but the whole picture.

1.)How many jobs have we lost?

2.)How many people will need more social services due to this for an extended time such as families who've lost a provider or orphaned kids?

3.)Besides the oil refineries what sorts of suppliers have been lost?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder which poor underpriveledged family got the gun collection out of Walmart? :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could have been the hungry one, or the one that listened to Homeland Security and stored up a months worth of food and water....... either of them could use the guns right now.....

2.)How many people will need more social services due to this for an extended time such as families who've lost a provider or orphaned kids?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think by the end of the year we will all feel the effects of this storm in ways that many of us don't understand right now.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The problem is it isn't just for staying alive. They are taking advantage of a bad situation and stealing.That is dead wrong and shows the extent of the wicked human heart.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Well, I guess my point about looting was that material items really don't seem to matter in this disasterous situation. Let God be the judge of those running around stealing, but for those in desperate need it's definitely a different situation. As far as Walmart goes, isn't that soooooo sad that someone would come along and take items away from such a place. Do you people own Walmart Stocks, is that why your so worried about it? And shame on Walmart for not having their Guns tightly secured away.

We really need to be worried about all the people who need to be rescued, and not all the material items being stolen!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I think you're missing a serious point here. Any difficult situation brings out a reaction in people. It's God's way of finding out what is in you. What are you capable of? Will you retain your dignity and honor and righteousness in the face of extreme circumstances? This is an extreme circumstance. Some people are definitely hungry and I don't think anyone would begrudge them a loaf of bread or a can of soup from the local store and in fact, the grocery stores should open their doors and give it away. However, we're not talking about only someone's necessary food here. I saw pictures of people walking away with the shelves themselves full of stuff. The reaction here in many people was simply rampant stealing. Let's call a spade a spade and not sugarcoat it just because people are having a hard time. On the other hand, other people rose to the occasion and either cooperated with authorities or even lent a helping hand to save others worse off than they were. Let's hope that when we are put to the test we will react with the human dignity that God put in us.

In the meantime, there are many Scriptures that we should consider that speak about floods in the end days. Check out Is 28:2; Ps 107:25; Na 1:3, 8 and Eze 15:8. We can't ignore the fact that God allowed this to happen and that it's going to affect all of us (and already is affecting us at the pumps). We as a country should pray the prayer of 2 Ch 7:14. We should humble ourselves and ask God's forgiveness for whatever sins we have committed and for whatever sins we have allowed in our communities.

Guest shiloh357

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think by the end of the year we will all feel the effects of this storm in ways that many of us don't understand right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a lot of truth to that, I think.