• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

16 minutes ago, other one said:

Historically that never happens McBear....   if we do stop on one thread they just start another.   Been here for nearly two decades putting up with it.

Yes I understand these debates have gone on longer than the 2 of us have been alive

I look forward to the day we are all sitting around the Fathers table having a good laugh at how close we were or weren’t to getting it right ?

SHALOM BROTHER ❤️

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, MrBear said:

A nap is not a bad idea Brother , ty for your opinion 

SHALOM❤️

forgive me some people miss the the point the experience of true salvation, Salvation is an experience, than you wouldn't know what being saved from 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

There is a plethora of threads started by authors demanding others obey the sabbath, but no threads that are started demanding people to not observe. Anyone who is NOT a sabbatarian is well familiar with the following verses and so, understand that there is freedom to either observe or not observe the day.

Each person is free to observe or not observe. And the reason no threads are ever started imploring people to disregard the sabbath. There just isn't. Those who wish to observe the day and are free to do so. No one here on worthy will stop you.

Our salvation starts and ends with faith in the atoning sacrifice Christ made for us on the cross.

Ephesians 2:8-9 
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast.”

Romans 14:5 - 7
One person regards a certain day above the others, while someone else considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes a special day does so to the Lord; he who eats does so to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. For none of us lives to himself alone, and none of us dies to himself alone.…

Colossians 2:16
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day

• Thanks 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

Romans 14:14-16 (KJV)I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
Let not then your good be evil spoken of:

10 minutes ago, appy said:

As I said previously in another sabbath thread, that the discussion of sabbath keeping does NOT go anywhere. This is NOT the first time the topic of sabbath keeping has been mentioned. The topic in and of itself is a tired discussion.  For neither side ever wins.  It is beating a dead horse.

Those who wish to observe the day are free to do so, and those who wish to set aside a different day as a special day are also free to do so.

The saying “beating or flogging a dead horse” comes from a literal application of literally beating a dead horse in the hopes it will get up and pull a wagon or run. It is a hopeless situation, that can NOT be won, for the horse is dead.

Anybody that has handled real and live horses, also know that attempting to beat a live horse into a horse trailer is a losing battle. Doing so does NOT benefit either the horse or the handler.

As for the sabbath topic, It is fighting a losing battle for either side. Nothing is gained. All that has been shown to me, in these threads with regard to the sabbath is that Sabbatarians are never happy with others until they have forced others to their way of thinking. And I now have a good reason to avoid any 7th day Adventist church. The continued discussion, in and of itself doesn't sound very edifying for either side of the debate.

I understand I'll try not get in people way. Love is all I know

Jer 33: 3

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61

As I said previously in another sabbath thread, that the discussion of sabbath keeping does NOT go anywhere. This is NOT the first time the topic of sabbath keeping has been mentioned. The topic in and of itself is a tired discussion.  For neither side ever wins.  It is beating a dead horse.

Those who wish to observe the day are free to do so, and those who wish to set aside a different day as a special day are also free to do so.

The saying “beating or flogging a dead horse” comes from a literal application of literally beating a dead horse in the hopes it will get up and pull a wagon or run. It is a hopeless situation, that can NOT be won, for the horse is dead.

Anybody that has handled real and live horses, also know that attempting to beat a live horse into a horse trailer is a losing battle. Doing so does NOT benefit either the horse or the handler.

As for the sabbath topic, It is fighting a losing battle for either side. Nothing is gained. The continued discussion, in and of itself doesn't sound very edifying for either side of the debate.

**post has been edited, removed a couple of sentences in the last paragraph, that do not appear to be edifying in and of themselves.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

It looks that it's all discussed,  this thread is going nowhere and should really be closed...

For me everyday is a Sabbath day, my rest is in Jesus who fulfilled the law..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, appy said:

Colossians 2:16

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day...

Paul was speaking to Believers who kept the 7th Day Sabbath, not heathens and pagans. Just for the record.

Paul explains in Colossians 2:16 “Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink [offerings], or in respect of an holyday [feast], or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.”

So Paul informs us that the ordinances had “meat and drink offerings,” “holy feast days,” “monthly new moon festivals” and the “yearly sacrificial Sabbaths.” Remember that the word Sabbaths in verse 16 is plural and means that more than one Sabbath is being referred to as the ordinances did have seven Sabbaths that were because of sin as stated earlier.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 11/14/2021 at 4:34 PM, MrBear said:

They as men want to tell God which one of His laws apply?

They all apply, the law was written for our benefit. David teaches us about the law and Paul learned about the Law from David. David taught me about God's law in 119 psalm: "Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long. Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,029
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, JohnR7 said:

They all apply, the law was written for our benefit. David teaches us about the law and Paul learned about the Law from David. David taught me about God's law in 119 psalm: "Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long. Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me".

What happens when you fail to keep the Law of which you speak?