IGNORED

why not worship independently ?

On 11/10/2021 at 4:21 PM, bibito3101991 said:

My question here, however, is to christians (although it would fit other religions, as well, although not always to the same extent): Instead of 'going to church', why not be an independent christian? What would be the advantages and disadvantages of that?

The ideal would be for Christians to worship together in either small or large groups.  I worshiped like this after becoming a born-again believer.  False teachers were in abundance then and even more so now.  It takes a discerning Christian to know where he/she can be most useful to the body of Christian believers.  Work took me to locations where I didn't have a home church.  Being an introvert, I do not make friends easily but do share the good news when the occasion presents itself.  One could classify me as an independent Christian since I am non-denominational, born-again believer.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/14/2021 at 9:43 AM, johnthebaptist said:

It would seem to me the Lord would like some public recognition for what he does for us. I don't see how you do that if you don't go to church.

You witness to everyone you meet outside of the church. In every store, in every gas station, in home improvement centers and even out in the woods...

But YeHoVah does not want us to forsake fellowship. But it can be hard when you are in a church with so many people who do not believe the same things you do. For example, Not celebrating helloween/trunk or treat, not celebrating Sol-Invictus's birthday, not celebrating the pagan festival of astara or keeping the false SUN-day Sabbath... It kind of limits your possibilities when you actually follow Yah's Word...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

All true believers are independent. " not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together " is weaponized by churches to instill guilt  or shame. If you have fellowship with one or two other people of like mind you are fulfilling that command. 

If one of the three of you isn't an elder you tithe to, how do you fulfill that command?

It's not "weaponizing" to say, "Here's another scripture that requires obedience, assembling the church".

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

Most of my own Bible study is done alone with the holy spirit

we have the resources online now to do our own research and listening to a sermon is as easy as pressing “ skip add” on YouTube, while I agree it is good to be around and discuss ideas with like minded individuals… isn’t that what we are doing here ?

Remember Paul didn’t receive the gospel from human interaction infact he isolated himself for 3 years 

Galatians 1:11

I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

It was him and Jesus ( my goodness Jesus himself teaching Paul having Jesus all to himself for 3 years ! .. I would be happy with just 5 minutes ?)

Further says

I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was,  ( Him saying apostles “ before I was” meant he didn’t go to the other apostles and ask to join.. he didn’t say “ hey don’t mean to step on any toes”, he saying IAM AN APOSTLE! Like IT OR NOT! JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF MADE ME ONE! And I DONT need your permission ) but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus.

Then after three years,I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Cephas ( peter )and stayed with him fifteen days. (He only stayed with Peter 15 days and then he was out doing his mission, he wasn’t influenced by man, he didn’t ask for instructions from the other apostles… he got his instructions directly from Christ)

19 “I saw none of the other apostles only James, the Lord’s brother. I assure you before God  that what I am writing you is no lie”

And Paul was no coward he would go against the archangel Michael himself he wrote in Galatians 1:8

Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you.

what a guy !! Paul knew he was appointed by Jesus Christ Himself and knew his mission, we should all have this zeal, this passion!

We can and should interact with people of like mind, but worshiping independently has no affect on your final salvation that I can see, be inspired by Paul’s passion he knew his calling although raised as a Pharisee once the truth  was revealed..he dropped being a Pharisee and went to scriptural war with them ., he embraced his new Father and faced much troubles, but he fought the good fight

NOT for man but for God

Galatians 1:10

Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

SHALOM❤️

Edited by MrBear
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

I worship all the time. I do meet with other Christians, usually weekly, that are people I KNOW. That is sort of a "recentering" event for me. I use it to bounce my perceptions off other Christians to confirm I'm not getting off track. Of course, sometimes they only let me know I'm not toeing a particular line that I've decided I should not be toeing. But that is a different subject. 

I have said for years that I go to church for two specific reasons: To bless others in Christ and to be blessed by others in Christ. And those two blanket topics cover a LOT of ground. 

That being said, I firmly believe a person can be a follower of Christ and his message and yet never step foot in a church. But it would be difficult. After all, human beings are dogs, not cats. We like to be part of a pack. And that has real benefits. We have an internal need to be both a part of a community and useful to others. It's how we're wired. It's hard to do that if you don't get out. It's also hard to do if you don't become a part of a community of other people that is intimate enough that you KNOW each other.

Edited by Still Alive
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 11/10/2021 at 3:21 PM, bibito3101991 said:

Instead of 'going to church', why not be an independent Christian? What would be the advantages and disadvantages of that?

When you attend corporate services two things happen.  first of all you, if open and participating, get things that are not available by yourself.   During trying times there are people to push you forward to get through.  There to answer questions that come up, and in general make friends  that in my experience brings enjoyment that is not available otherwise even if you are tending to be a loner.

Secondly you miss the  opportunity to be a help to others both in daily life and when things in their lives get difficult.  Especially important as we age and approach that time in life where you know it's short lived.

I've been in both situations and am very happy to be meeting with people at corporate services.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,955
  • Content Per Day:  5.48
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

The corporate church can also become like a family.  Mine certainly has.  They have been a strong emotional support for me when my husband has had some health issues in the past year.  You can't get that being an independent Christian.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

25 minutes ago, Mama Etna said:

The corporate church can also become like a family.  Mine certainly has.  They have been a strong emotional support for me when my husband has had some health issues in the past year.  You can't get that being an independent Christian.

Yep. The bottom line for me is that you don't "have to" go to church, but it's definitely beneficial, in more ways than one. Frankly, I can think of no good reason NOT to go, other than living in a community with only one church and it is apostate.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

24 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Yep. The bottom line for me is that you don't "have to" go to church, but it's definitely beneficial, in more ways than one. Frankly, I can think of no good reason NOT to go, other than living in a community with only one church and it is apostate.

I think it is important for a new Christian to attend a Church that preaches the true literal Word of the Bible. It is a good way to get to know God. There is so much false teaching in Churches today one has to be careful which Church they decide to attend. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, other one said:

Secondly you miss the  opportunity to be a help to others both in daily life and when things in their lives get difficult.  Especially important as we age and approach that time in life where you know it's short lived.

We can help others in our daily lives without being in a church...

That's all I have to say about that...