IGNORED

What's The Scariest Verse in the Bible???

Bawb

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

Is it in the Book of Revelation? No, not even close! How about the Book of Matthew?

Matthew 7:22-23 states "Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!"

What is lawlessness as define by the Scriptures?

1 John 3:4 - "Everyone who practices sin practices lawlessness as well. Indeed, sin is lawlessness."

And yet there who are those who believe the law was done away with... The lawless?

Some people ignore this verse (especially the once saved always saved crowd) and say it's about unbelievers. But do unbelievers prophesy, drive out demons and perform miracles in the name of Yeshua?

Does Yeshua know you? How does He know You?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

Revelation 22: 18-19

For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,051
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Bawb said:

Is it in the Book of Revelation? No, not even close! How about the Book of Matthew?

Matthew 7:22-23 states "Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!"

What is lawlessness as define by the Scriptures?

1 John 3:4 - "Everyone who practices sin practices lawlessness as well. Indeed, sin is lawlessness."

And yet there who are those who believe the law was done away with... The lawless?

Some people ignore this verse (especially the once saved always saved crowd) and say it's about unbelievers. But do unbelievers prophesy, drive out demons and perform miracles in the name of Yeshua?

Does Yeshua know you? How does He know You?

Quite. According Mark 16:17 casting out demons is a sign that Christians are at work. Added to this, the judgment they face is not whether they were saved, but whether they did the will of the Father in heaven. That is, that special assize reserved for Christians after rapture (Rom.14:10, 2nd Cor.5:10). And the grammar indicates that it was not the works that were Lawless, but those claiming to have done these things. In Acts 16 what would have happened to Paul if he had gone to Asia and Bithynia? Did he not have the words of Jesus commanding him to preach the gospel to "the uttermost parts of the earth"? Surely. But is that God's plan to today? Paul must not wait long. He is required in Macedonia. Another time he waited a week before casting out a demon that had interfered from the first day.

Many Christians "do their own thing". They are believers, born again and sons of God, but like king Saul of old, they do "what is right in their own eyes". The Greek word for "know" that our Lord used is the same word as Joseph not "knowing" Mary till Jesus was born. It indicates the most intimate of relationships. Those who called "Lord, Lord" knew ABOUT Jesus, had believed in Him, had been furnished with the power of the Holy Spirit and done the works they claimed. But they are classed as REBELS.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

2 hours ago, AdHoc said:

Quite. According Mark 16:17 casting out demons is a sign that Christians are at work. Added to this, the judgment they face is not whether they were saved, but whether they did the will of the Father in heaven. That is, that special assize reserved for Christians after rapture (Rom.14:10, 2nd Cor.5:10). And the grammar indicates that it was not the works that were Lawless, but those claiming to have done these things. In Acts 16 what would have happened to Paul if he had gone to Asia and Bithynia? Did he not have the words of Jesus commanding him to preach the gospel to "the uttermost parts of the earth"? Surely. But is that God's plan to today? Paul must not wait long. He is required in Macedonia. Another time he waited a week before casting out a demon that had interfered from the first day.

Many Christians "do their own thing". They are believers, born again and sons of God, but like king Saul of old, they do "what is right in their own eyes". The Greek word for "know" that our Lord used is the same word as Joseph not "knowing" Mary till Jesus was born. It indicates the most intimate of relationships. Those who called "Lord, Lord" knew ABOUT Jesus, had believed in Him, had been furnished with the power of the Holy Spirit and done the works they claimed. But they are classed as REBELS.

Yes brother I agree that is a scary verse

i can imagine the people sitting there listening and the looks on their faces

But Jesus knew he didn’t have time to pull the punches, He told it like it was and simplified it in terms the people could understand, But in this case he was plain and clear 

Praise the Lord for his instructions for receiving our inheritance?

SHALOM❤️

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

The guy that reached out his hand to steady the Ark.

ZAP!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, Josheb said:

Hmmm... 

Can you first explain to me how or why any Christian in Worthy should/would/could find any thing in the Bible "scary"?  

1 John 4:15-19
"Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.  We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.  By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world.  There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.  We love, because He first loved us."

Btw, I see you're relatively new to the forum. Welcome to Worthy :bighug2:

It all depends on your relationship with God and where your heart is. It can be scary if you are not saved. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

And when they came to Nachon's threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.
And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.
  • Thumbs Up 2

45 minutes ago, Josheb said:

How do you propose those who think themselves Christians answer those questions?

By what measure would you decide about another? 

How does YHWH/Yeshua  know you...

Exodus 33:17 - The Lord said to Moses, “I will also do this thing of which you have spoken; for you have found favor in My sight and I have known you by name.”

1 Corinthians 8:3 - but if anyone loves God, he is known by Him.

2 Timothy 2:19 - Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness.”

How do you show YHWH/Yeshua love???

John 14:15 - If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

Are not the SON and the FATHER one?

Edited by Bawb

57 minutes ago, Josheb said:

I find it odd anytime a Christian comes into a Christian forum and asks Christians if we are saved or if Jesus knows us. Aside from preaching to the choir it shows an astounding lack of awareness and knowledge. 

newbies ;) 

And yet there are a few folks who believe the Torah was nailed to the cross... This seems kind of out of place to me, but what do I know? I'm still a work in progress, one of those people who learn by doing and asking questions, sometimes what other people would think to be dumb questions.

Also, not everyone is at the "expert level" of being a Christian, myself definitely included.

Finally, as in the world, I would assume there could be a remote chance that a slice population of the "Joel Osteen happy fun time happy church" that could be here and might be possibly a little misguided. What do you think?

5 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Which of the people to whom Jesus was speaking in Matthew 7 do you think would not lay claim to all the verses you just cited?

Those not showing love... disobeying His Commandments. Continuing in unrepentant sin and abusing Grace by means of knowingly continuing in sin...

Edited by Bawb