• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

A Doubting Thomas? A zealot like Simon? A beloved like John?
For me I would say Peter, I loved John & Paul, But in my own walk I would identify as Peter

Meaning well but showing my human flawed self 

passionate but quick to say what is on my mind (foot in mouth disease)

Who do you

A. Identify with

B.Like the most

SHALOM❤️

Edited by MrBear
  • Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

For me - Peter and Paul. I had to learn the hard way and be called out and rebuked to get HIS message to free me from my former life.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

54 minutes ago, MrBear said:

For me I would say Peter, I loved John & Paul, But in my own walk I would identify as Peter

Who do you

A. Identify with

B.Like the most

SHALOM❤️

A. Paul, on account of how the Lord called me from this world. We share much in common in that regard with the necessary distinction that I was neither a Pharisee nor a hatchet man of the Sanhedrin like Paul was, of course. Nope, I was just a clueless agnostic who knew nothing about the Lord. 

B. The apostle John. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I can't identify myself with any of them because I am myself. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

6 hours ago, MrBear said:

Who do you

A. Identify with

B.Like the most

SHALOM❤️

For me it is Paul.  A and B.

It took a miracle for me to believe and be saved. 

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

What apostle do you identify with? 

James, the son of Alphaeus (Luke 6:15) because I am unknown like James (nobody can see any action or speech of his in the Holy Scripture).

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/13/2021 at 12:56 PM, MrBear said:

Who do you

A. Identify with

B.Like the most

SHALOM❤️

I would have to chose Sha'ul...

Unbeliever in Yeshua/Persecutor of Christians...

Then a funny thing happened one day on my trip down the Road to Dammeseq...

Qualities about Sha'ul that most accurately identify me:

1. Temper/Pride – Sha'ul seems to struggle with pride at times and having a hot temper. He says that YeHoVah sent a thorn in his flesh to keep him humble (2 Co 12:7). On the second missionary journey Barnabas wanted to take Mark, but Sha'ul disagreed because of a previous mistake that Mark had made. Evidently Barnabas was right because Mark went on to be a faithful missionary. Sha'ul also grew angry with the servant girl who was a fortune teller and cast that spirit out, apparently in anger (Acts 16:18). He wouldn’t leave the prison in peace when he was wrongfully jailed at with Silas, wanting an apology (Acts 16:37). He also was disrespectful of the high priest (Acts 23:3).

Strengths:

Whole-hearted- Sha'ul was an “all-or-nothing” kind of guy. He was never lukewarm. He either zealously persecuted Christianity or he zealously proclaimed it. This was a very good quality when he finally focused his energy on serving Yeshua. He was highly educated and could have done a lot of other things, but gave his life to Yeshua. See Philippians 3:3-14.

Endurance- Sha'ul faced continual opposition to his goal of sharing the gospel and building churches. The Jews opposed him every step of the way, often stirring up riots, throwing him in prison, getting help from the local authorities in persecuting Sha'ul and his companions, and forcing them from town to town. Sha'ul also faced many false teachers who spoke out against his teachings and criticized him behind his back. Even other Jewish believers were sometimes against him for some of his teachings. He persevered in his mission (Acts 13:47) until the end of his life (cf. 2 Tim 4:6-8, Acts 20:24).

Gave all glory to God (cf. 14:12-20) – Sha'ul never tried to get credit or glory for himself. He gave it all to YeHoVah. He was consumed with the glory of YeHoVah. It disturbed him seriously when people gave glory to him instead of YeHoVah. He often pointed out his own sins and blasphemies. He called himself the “least of the apostles” (1 Co 15:9).

Boldness – Sha'ul was routinely bold for the gospel as when he said. His motto could be Romans 1:16, “I am not ashamed of the gospel of Yeshua for it is the power of YeHoVah…” He stood up for the truth in front of authorities, kings, Romans, Jews, the emperor of Rome, even Peter and other believers. He did not compromise YeHoVah’s Word.

Contentment (Acts 16:19-31, Philippipans 4:11-13, 2 Co 11:23-28) – Sha'ul faced more persecutions and difficulties than any other believer in history that I can think of. It was unjust. He was beaten and whipped and stoned and imprisoned for the name of Christ. Yet in all of these situations he didn’t complain. Even when he was in a dirty, filthy jail he was singing praises to YeHoVah!

Sincere love and sensitive heart (Acts 17:16, Rom 9:3) – Sha'ul’s sensitive spirit was provoked when he saw Athens full of idols and all the people blindly following falsehoods. He hated sin and he hated to see people separate from YeHoVah. His conscience didn’t allow him to stand by and do nothing. He even said he would go to hell forever if it would help to save his countrymen.

Industrious (Acts 18:1-3) – Sha'ul was a worker for YeHoVah and he deserved wages from the church. But in order to not be a burden on others and further the gospel he willingly worked by making tents in order to support himself.