IGNORED

Is your faith based on what Jesus did on the cross or on what He do for you now?

Leonardo Von

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Is your faith based on what Jesus did on the cross or on what He do for you now?

•    Amo 3:1,2 -> “Hear this word that the LORD has spoken against you, O people of Israel, against the whole family that I brought up out of the land of Egypt: “You only have I known of all the families of the earth; therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.””. 

It’s interesting that, during all the Old Testament, the Creator always tried to remember them about the great deliverance that He did for Israel in the land of Egypt. Why did the Creator wish that the Israelites stayed thinking about it? After all, constantly He was working His wonders in all Israel. 

Furthermore, what difference would do what the Creator worked in the past very distant (when nobody alive had seen what happened (only heard about it)? 

Perhaps you question: “but isn’t it thus in regard to Jesus Christ?”. 

No! Although Jesus suffered on the cross nigh two thousand years ago, what makes our faith alive is His communion with us today (Mat 28:20). Although we are enjoined to keep alive what Jesus did for us on the cross, this only adds up if we stay closing to Him hearing His voice and abiding by it. We aren’t invited to keep in mind only what Jesus did and spoke in the past, but to let Him use us to live His life now (Gal 2:20).

That is to say: the base of our faith is what Jesus made for us, but what keeps our faith alive and growing is our relationship with Him (Rom 10:17).

The only explanation is that the Israelites should recall who they were while the Creator deliver them to their own understanding and force and, thus, they never explored their brethren (after all, in all this book, read from the exploitation of the Israelites against their brothers) and the strangers, neither neglected the holiness and purity of the Creator. Besides, this was an instrument to make the relationship between parents and children stronger. After all, to keep alive the memories of what the Creator did for them in the past demanded many love and trustful. Only thus the children would be able to accept this with something real (instead of a tale).

Although they didn’t have the gift of the Holy Spirit, they should keep alive their faith obeying the commandments of the Old Testament which should hold in their memory the deeds of the Creator in the past. Apart from it, what they could experience of the Creator in the present (beyond His blessings) was His deliverance whey they sinned.

I believe that the Creator allowed the enemies prevail against the Israelites so that they could see His supernatural power acting in the present and they could have a visible manifestation of His presence.

So, have a good day refraining your anger and ruling your spirit so that Jesus can work His miracles in your life:

•    Prov 16:32 -> “Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.”.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

Yes...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

Both

SHALOM❤️

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,240
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

He gave His life for us so we might live, and live abundantly. The Lord is with us always

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 12/14/2021 at 7:37 PM, Leonardo Von said:

What he did on the cross made if possible for us to have a personal relationship from the time I realized he is my Lord and proclaimed it....   It is that relationship now that supports my faith.   I'm not sure what you mean by what He do for me now.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/15/2021 at 10:41 AM, MrBear said:

Both

SHALOM❤️

Amen. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 12/14/2021 at 7:37 PM, Leonardo Von said:

•    Amo 3:1,2 -> “Hear this word that the LORD has spoken against you, O people of Israel, against the whole family that I brought up out of the land of Egypt: “You only have I known of all the families of the earth; therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.””. 

It’s interesting that, during all the Old Testament, the Creator always tried to remember them about the great deliverance that He did for Israel in the land of Egypt. Why did the Creator wish that the Israelites stayed thinking about it? After all, constantly He was working His wonders in all Israel. 

Furthermore, what difference would do what the Creator worked in the past very distant (when nobody alive had seen what happened (only heard about it)? 

Perhaps you question: “but isn’t it thus in regard to Jesus Christ?”. 

No! Although Jesus suffered on the cross nigh two thousand years ago, what makes our faith alive is His communion with us today (Mat 28:20). Although we are enjoined to keep alive what Jesus did for us on the cross, this only adds up if we stay closing to Him hearing His voice and abiding by it. We aren’t invited to keep in mind only what Jesus did and spoke in the past, but to let Him use us to live His life now (Gal 2:20).

That is to say: the base of our faith is what Jesus made for us, but what keeps our faith alive and growing is our relationship with Him (Rom 10:17).

The only explanation is that the Israelites should recall who they were while the Creator deliver them to their own understanding and force and, thus, they never explored their brethren (after all, in all this book, read from the exploitation of the Israelites against their brothers) and the strangers, neither neglected the holiness and purity of the Creator. Besides, this was an instrument to make the relationship between parents and children stronger. After all, to keep alive the memories of what the Creator did for them in the past demanded many love and trustful. Only thus the children would be able to accept this with something real (instead of a tale).

Although they didn’t have the gift of the Holy Spirit, they should keep alive their faith obeying the commandments of the Old Testament which should hold in their memory the deeds of the Creator in the past. Apart from it, what they could experience of the Creator in the present (beyond His blessings) was His deliverance whey they sinned.

I believe that the Creator allowed the enemies prevail against the Israelites so that they could see His supernatural power acting in the present and they could have a visible manifestation of His presence.

So, have a good day refraining your anger and ruling your spirit so that Jesus can work His miracles in your life:

•    Prov 16:32 -> “Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.”.

I think who he is just a by protect of what he has done and does and will do for us.