Berean

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,144
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

Let it go, @Berean. Resentment serves no purpose whatsoever except to foment strife, and there is evil enough in the day without adding more to it. Let it go remembering that if the Lord judged us according to a similar measure, we would surely remain dead in our trespasses. 

He declared forgiveness for us instead and so should we. 

I know it isn't easy. Opposing this flesh is what we are called to do, and I've had plenty of experience in this regard over the years. A long time ago I came to the aid of a widow in a wilderness with a fearsome reputation, a place law enforcement rarely set foot in. Why? Their chances of being shot and killed were historically high. It was a lawless place, the stomping ground of a drug cartel where violent gangs produced and trafficked narcotics. 

When law enforcement made a rare appearance, it was in helicopters with federal firepower. A federal operation, in other words. It was rugged country, inaccessible to most motor vehicles. 

She was stalked, harassed, threatened, shot at, and terrorized by degenerates with impunity on the outskirts of that wilderness. Local enforcement did nothing at all: this was her report when I first arrived, which I soon discovered was the truth. I have experience interfacing with law enforcement so I know how to make the case, if you will. My best efforts were in vain, friend. "You're on your own, buddy. Watch your back up there." They advised us to leave with haste. 

Only I wasn't on my own, for the Lord was with me. He was with us both in that place. 

I wrestled with resentment over the fact that county and state police were reluctant to do anything up there, doing nothing more than passing through on the only paved road for miles around. They would occasionally bust locals who cut wood on federal land without the necessary permit. That was all. 

I let it go, brother. It was a tremendous burden and I'm so thankful that the Lord liberated me from my own expectations. Praise God!  

Edited by Marathoner

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

judas.jpg.84a0ab97330a780c65832b691e3d7022.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

37 minutes ago, Josheb said:

I have a Judas? :P 

(drats)

Don't we all

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

On 12/21/2021 at 5:08 AM, Berean said:

Not gonna happen! These days the police are so defensive that any attempt to engage them in conversation is met with an attitude!

If your not even willing to try and find out the problem, then i would say the problem lies with you, and not them. There could be any number of reasons why they didnt respond. They may not have had enough officers that night. It may have been a screwup on their part that they may want to fix...but they cant fix the problem if they dont know theres one.

Lets be realistic...even if they dont want to talk to you and listen the worst thing thats gonna happen from you calling is getting blown off. Theyre not gonna arrest you for complaining. And the best thing that could happen? They work with you to resolve the issue so it doesnt happen again. 

But you Dont know which until you try, and the only thing stopping you from trying is your own stubborness.

If your not willing to try and fix it id suggest not going to this event. Going with hard feelings towards the pd wont do anyone any good. Your more apt to take it out on someone who had absolutely no part of this.

• Well Said! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/15/1960

On 12/20/2021 at 4:08 PM, AdHoc said:

Have we forgotten? This is the age of reconciliation and we have this ministry. Hard as it may be, it is time to turn the other cheek and forego vengeance.

For what it's worth there is a difference between turning the other cheek and going into a potentially hostile situation.  Or don't you agree?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,038
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

24 minutes ago, Berean said:

For what it's worth there is a difference between turning the other cheek and going into a potentially hostile situation.  Or don't you agree?

If a police dinner is a hostile situation I would stay away.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/15/1960

5 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

If a police dinner is a hostile situation I would stay away.

"Potentially."