Wrong thread.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

Left-handed vs. right-handed US presidents are well above the population average.

An odd thing, I think, is that about 75% of people hold/shoot a hockey stick left-handed. There is a surprising lack of professional players that are right-handed shots.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  670
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I shoot trap and skeet with a cross eye dominate guy also. He struggles and has fits with it. 

I think my DNA came out of a blender. I'm left eye dominate, shoot left-handed, bowled left-handed, played varsity baseball throwing and batting right-handed, use a fork and spoon right-handed. 

When I was a baseball pitcher, I could throw a fastball 92 MPH right-handed. From the mound a number of times for grins, I tried throwing a baseball left-handed. It was pathetic, it looked awful, and I could barely throw it from the mound to the catcher!

BTW: My post was not intended as actual complaining, it was a parody of myself and to lighten things up a bit :D

Wow!!! And I thought that I was messed-up but you topped me . . . . LOL . . . kidding . . .   As long as you drive in the proper lane I don't have any issue with what you have said . . . LOL

Thanks for making my day(s) !!!  Grace and Peace . . . Ray . . . 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,328
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

I was ambidextrous as a lad, using both hands interchangeably to write and draw. That is to say, I would write with one hand while drawing with the other. This disturbed my Kindergarten teacher who, after conferring with my mother, decided to force me to use my right hand to accomplish one task at a time. After this was done, I suffered from a mild stutter until the 3rd grade. 

I can "switch" hands at will, but it requires an adjustment period to effect the change. I had no choice but to do that when my right hand was broken, which was when I discovered how easy it was for me to rely upon either hand. I suppose if I worked on it, I could probably revert to how things were before I was forced to use one hand. :)  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,514
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

9 hours ago, Ray12614 said:

Wow!!! And I thought that I was messed-up but you topped me . . . . LOL . . . kidding . . .   As long as you drive in the proper lane I don't have any issue with what you have said . . . LOL

Thanks for making my day(s) !!!  Grace and Peace . . . Ray . . . 

I didn't even mention: I used to kick a football half way decent with my right foot. Trying to punt or kick it with the left foot, I'd miss and/or fall to the ground. I think Heins 57 was named after my makeup and talents. :D

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/1/2022 at 9:42 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Where’s the beef (not Arby’s)?

Beef:  2. complain.

Catherine Soanes and Angus Stevenson, eds., in Concise Oxford English Dictionary (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2004).

I have a lifelong beef, that I would like to vent on just a bit, it all started with my first grab of a spoon to start feeding myself. You see, I’m a left-hander, a southpaw, I think on the right side of my brain.

My mother told me years ago, she would always grab my baby spoon from my left hand, and place it in my right hand, why? Try that today, and you are in for the food fight of your life 😊

Then comes first grade. I was assigned a tiny desk like everyone else, with a place to drop in an ink well, a curvature of the writing surface to rest and support your right arm. The teacher constantly came along and straightened out the natural curve of my left wrist when writing.

Learning the cursive alphabet with pencils as fat as a broomstick handle. So far so good, except for a tired left arm from constant unsupported dangling. Then that fateful day arrived when I found either an ink rollerball or an ink fountain pen in my left hand. Just like my mom, my teacher thought I didn’t know the left from my right and corrected it. When her back was turned, somehow that ink pen was southpaw again?

We used modern fountain pens, you know, the ones with the little black or blue plastic cartridges you would replace when dry. I believe they called the ink, permanent ink, as the side of my arm and hand was always permanently tattooed. Ballpoint pens were expensive and just became popular when I was in school.

I never minded all my writing assignments being completely smudged with ink, from dragging my hand over the fresh ink. But the teacher did, as reflected by my grades and unreadability. Go figure? But that was immediately corrected with the advent of discovering girls, in my freshman year of high school, 16 years later, joining my father in freshman year classes.

In hindsight, and to use today’s vernacular and victimhood; I was handicapped and discriminated against. I would like lots of unearned money, for the pain, shame, and non-embarrassment I endured for my 12 years of grades 1-6.

About 10% of the population is a southpaw. Many of the brightest minds and U.S. Presidents wrote with the correct hand. Including myself, with 12 years of grade school education, and 20 years of public education, coming reasonably close to a high school sheepskin.

At seventy years old, this perceived handicap and discrimination continues to this day. Try purchasing a left-handed spoon, a left-handed computer keyboard, and many other things for us 10 percenters in our right minds. I’m in awe, my computer is not smudging my writing at present, typing this lefthanded and dragging my left hand over this cyber ink?

I too was left handed and made to be right handed at school it was a pain. I'm right handed to day but I do have a Pic of myself as a kid with a left handed cap pistol hanging on my hip.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I am right handed but my eyes change in dominance.  That means in archery one day I was hitting bulls eyes and then next I couldn't hit the target.  

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,514
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

5 hours ago, Willa said:

I am right handed but my eyes change in dominance.  That means in archery one day I was hitting bulls eyes and then next I couldn't hit the target.  

Never heard of such a thing?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

I may be left handed but I put my right sock on first in the morning. Is that right footed?

The left eye is definitely dominant but still gets along ok with my right eye.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,979
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

My beef:  Men that think they can become women and vice versa.  You can't change what God made you.  No amount of cosmetic surgery can do that.

• Well Said! 2