Mike Mclees

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

Let me start with one verse that Jesus spoke. "If any man love his life in this world he shall lose it, but if any man despise his life in this world for His sake he shall find it. 

We all know by now that the world is in great trouble on the edge of another great war. We are to pray for our leaders that we can live at peace. We ourselves are to be a people of peace and love until Jesus comes again.  So how should we pray. Many of you may be praying for our leaders to have wisdom and speak with dialog of wisdom and not to move us toward friction. Diplomacy is vital. Scripture says a soft answer turns away wrath. We need to careful with are talk. Those who talk foolishly can cause great harm. Pray we are not at the hands of a leader that is not wise with his speech. If we are arrogant we are not good leaders we put many at risk, even those we want to help.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.41
  • Content Count:  2,098
  • Content Per Day:  2.56
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Let me start with one verse that Jesus spoke. "If any man love his life in this world he shall lose it, but if any man despise his life in this world for His sake he shall find it. 

We all know by now that the world is in great trouble on the edge of another great war. We are to pray for our leaders that we can live at peace. We ourselves are to be a people of peace and love until Jesus comes again.  So how should we pray. Many of you may be praying for our leaders to have wisdom and speak with dialog of wisdom and not to move us toward friction. Diplomacy is vital. Scripture says a soft answer turns away wrath. We need to careful with are talk. Those who talk foolishly can cause great harm. Pray we are not at the hands of a leader that is not wise with his speech. If we are arrogant we are not good leaders we put many at risk, even those we want to help.

I am praying. Nevertheless, certain things must happen, right, which we cannot hinder? 

IMG-20210210-WA0000.jpg

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, MonicaWife said:

I am praying. Nevertheless, certain things must happen, right, which we cannot hinder? 

IMG-20210210-WA0000.jpg

Yes I understand, but still I feel for the innocent who are going to suffer.  

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06

““When you pray, don’t be like the hypocrites. They love to stand in the synagogues and on the street corners and pray loudly. They want people to see them. The truth is, that’s all the reward they will get.

But when you pray, you should go into your room and close the door. Then pray to your Father. He is there in that private place. He can see what is done in private, and he will reward you.

“And when you pray, don’t be like the people who don’t know God. They say the same things again and again. They think that if they say it enough, their god will hear them. Don’t be like them. Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

So this is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, we pray that your name will always be kept holy. We pray that your kingdom will come— that what you want will be done here on earth, the same as in heaven. Forgive our sins, just as we have forgiven those who did wrong to us. Don’t let us be tempted, but save us from the Evil One.’”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:5-10, 12-13‬ ‭

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Luke 21:36 ...and pray that you may be accounted worthy to escape the things that shall come to pass and to stand before the Son of man.

Foolish virgins shall be left behind and scream ...."Lord Loord", "I know you not" (they are not Worthy).

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06

20 hours ago, Katie Müller said:

But then it's also written: "Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee." Jeremiah 7:16; [Cross references: Jeremiah 11:14; & Jeremiah 14:11]

How do we know when we are transgressing God's will through our prayers? If these things must be, we can't stop it through prayer. The only thing I ask for is mercy toward the innocent; justice for the innocent. Jeremiah prayed in 15:15: "O LORD, thou knowest: remember me, and visit me, and revenge me of my persecutors; take me not away in thy longsuffering: know that for thy sake I have suffered rebuke."

Thats only between God and Jeremiah regarding the rebel Hebrew in Judea. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

23 hours ago, Katie Müller said:

But then it's also written: "Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee." Jeremiah 7:16; [Cross references: Jeremiah 11:14; & Jeremiah 14:11]

How do we know when we are transgressing God's will through our prayers? If these things must be, we can't stop it through prayer. The only thing I ask for is mercy toward the innocent; justice for the innocent. Jeremiah prayed in 15:15: "O LORD, thou knowest: remember me, and visit me, and revenge me of my persecutors; take me not away in thy longsuffering: know that for thy sake I have suffered rebuke."

A Call to Prayer
First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be offered for everyone— 2for kings and all those in authority— so that we may lead tranquil and quiet lives in all godliness and dignity. 3This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,…1 Tim.2:2

2 Chronicles 7:14

14 If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

"The innocent", who do you mean? 

14 minutes ago, Katie Müller said:

But does there come a time, when we shouldn't pray? I'm not telling anyone not to pray, but just bringing attention what if God won't hear? What if we are asking for things that go against His will. If we ask for things that are blatantly against His will, are we being rebellious?

Ecc. 5:2 "Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few."

Therefore I always ask for His loving will to be done in every way. 😊 

IMG-20210210-WA0000.jpg

Edited by MonicaWife

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

On 2/21/2022 at 8:12 PM, Mike Mclees said:

How shall we pray?

According to His will-With faith, believing.

"And this is the confidence that we have in him, that,
if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us:

And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask,
we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him"
1 John 5:14-15

Aligning our desires with God's will...

• Thumbs Up 1