• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

On 3/3/2022 at 4:04 PM, Riverwalker said:

So what are your thoughts on getting involved in these kind of questions and debates that never seem to end, that no one's mind is changed and the debate can easily become "uncharitable"?

Once I discovered the ignore button it made my stay here much more pleasant.
That’s how I dealt with it because it seemed to be the same repeats not everyone on the site.

“Stay away from foolish and stupid arguments. You know that these arguments grow into bigger arguments.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:23‬ 

It is up to us decide what arguments are foolish or stupid. Once we decide then we are told stay away.

Edited by Hopefully
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Much depends on the state of hearts. If ones see a discussion as a reasonable one with brethren like them, and do so in love and acutely aware of and accountable to our Lord…then there is opportunity for growth and learning.

It is a simple thing, really. What gets in the way is flesh.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/3/2022 at 3:04 PM, Riverwalker said:

1. stay out of the mud pit because all you are going to do is get dirty. AKA Stay out of the discussion as there is little gain and much to lose

2. Make your input because  (assuming) it needs to be heard and included in the conversation. But even in these situations I rarely stay around for the ensuing arguments

3. Remind everyone that their arguments/witness is being viewed by hundreds, many who are
      seekers who are observing what these "Christians' are really like, and not what they preach.
      Sow the seed, not the mud...

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

11 minutes ago, Sower said:

3. Remind everyone that their arguments/witness is being viewed by hundreds, many who are
      seekers who are observing what these "Christians' are really like, and not what they preach.
      Sow the seed, not the mud...

You can really tell the spiritual fruit of a person by what they post. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/5/2022 at 11:32 AM, Josheb said:

Method is often just as important as content.

:thumbsup:

With so many unknown posters here with different levels of growth/understanding/ sensitivity, delivery is important.
A great chef may spend hours using his years of learning, creating/preparing a meal fit for a king.
But if served by an impatient disrespectful waiter, the meal loses it's appeal, and those hours preparing the feast, and a loss
of  desire to swallow the food, which may have lost it's savor. Just one improper word (fly in the ointment) could ruin the taste.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  20

Ephesians 4:1-3 - I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:11-16 - And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

Not everyone is called to be a teacher yet many will try to teach their thoughts and ways to others.  Not everyone is called to be an evangelist yet many feel they need to make sure everyone hears how they practice their religious beliefs. Not everyone is called to be a pastor to lead a congregation of others to understand and learn scripture.  There were several who posted on this topic who I agree with.  We can be lead by the power of the Holy Spirit in every instance of response here on this forum.  He can lead us to the post where a word of encouragement or a prayer can be the precise need for that person.  He can give us just the right words to give to someone seeking help, advice, or just a note of love. 

If there is a topic that leads to discord then it is not for me.  Threads that have bickering and arguing over non-salvation topics I move on from very fast.  I believe that time here on earth is growing shorter and shorter so the message of salvation thru Jesus Christ should be at the very tip of every Christian tongue on earth.  In my first year here on Worthy I have learned to let the Spirit of God show me what is valuable.  I have learned who has the same kind of heart as I do and have befriended them.  I hope to befriend many more in the years to come, God willing. 

Edited by debrakay

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Sower said:

:thumbsup:

With so many unknown posters here with different levels of growth/understanding/ sensitivity, delivery is important.
A great chef may spend hours using his years of learning, creating/preparing a meal fit for a king.
But if served by an impatient disrespectful waiter, the meal loses it's appeal, and those hours preparing the feast, and a loss
of  desire to swallow the food, which may have lost it's savor. Just one improper word (fly in the ointment) could ruin the taste.

Burnt food is terrible and inedible.  Our words as Christians should be pleasing to the Lord and to the hearer (reader too)!

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

DULL  OF  HEARING ???

PROVERBS 19:28  an ungodly witness scorneth judgement and the mouth of the wicked devoureth iniquity

PROVERBS 24:1  be not thou envious against evil men neither desire to be with them 

--24:2-- for their heart studieth destruction and their lips talk of mischief

ACTS 28:27   ---for the heart of this people is waxed gross  --  and their ears are dull of hearing  --  and their eyes have they closed---  lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears  ---and understand with their heart--- and should be converted and ---and I should heal them---

JOHN 14:23  JESUS  answered and said unto him  --IF-- a man love  ME  he will keep  MY  words--- and  MY  FATHER  will love him and we will come unto him and make our abode with him

--14:24-- he that loveth  ME  not ---keepeth not  MY  sayings--- and the word which you hear is not mine  ---but  THE  FATHERS  which sent  ME---

1 CORINTHIANS 16:22   if any man---love not  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  let him be anathema maranatha---

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing the words that I speak unto you --they are spirit--and they are life--

MATTHEW 10:19  but when they shall deliver you up take no thought how or what you shall speak for it shall be given you in that same hour what you shall speak

--10:20--  for it is not you that speak ---but the spirit of your  FATHER  that speaketh in you--- 

PSALM 37:7  rest in  THE  LORD  ---and wait patiently for  HIM---fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way ---because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass--  

EZEKIEL 13:3  thus saith  THE  LORD  GOD  woe unto the foolish prophets ---that follow their own spirit--- and have seen nothing

JEREMIAH 5:21  hear now this o foolish people ---and without understanding--- which have eyes and see not which have ears and hear not

*******PSALM 119:36  incline my heart  ---unto thy testimonies  --  and not to covetousness*******

REVELATION 19:10  and I fell at his feet to worship him and he said unto me see thou do it not I am thy fellowservant and of thy brethren that ---have the testimony of  JESUS  worship  GOD  --  for the testimony of  JESUS  is the spirit of prophecy---

PSALM 119:2  blessed are they that keep  HIS  testimonies ---and that seek  HIM  with the whole heart---

--119:24--  thy testimonies also are my delight and --my counsellors--

--119:157  many are my persecuters and mine enemies ---yet do I not decline from thy testimonies---

DANIEL 9:13  as it is written in the law of moses all this evil is come upon us ---yet made we not our prayer before  THE  LORD  OUR  GOD  that we might turn from our iniquites   --   and understand thy truth---

2 TIMOTHY 2:7  consider what I say ---and  THE  LORD  give thee understanding  --  in all things---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

WOULD  NOT  OUR  WORDS  PLEASE  FATHER  GOD  AND  OUR  LORD  JESUS  IF  WE  TAUGHT  AS  INSTRUCTED  BY  JESUS  CHRIST 

1 PETER 2:21  for even hereunto were you called because  CHRIST  also suffered for us ---leaving us an example   --  that you should follow  HIS  steps---

--2:22-- who did no sin ---neither was  --guile--  found in  HIS mouth---

JOHN 12:44  JESUS cried and said  he that believeth on  ME  believeth not on  ME  ---but on  HIM  hath sent  ME---

--12:49-- for I have not spoken of myself but  THE  FATHER  which sent  ME  ---HE  gave  ME  a commandment what I should say and what I should speak---

--12:50-- and I know that  HIS  commandment is life everlasting ---whatsoever I speak therefore even as  THE  FATHER  said unto  ME  so I speak---

1 JOHN 2:6  he that saith he abideth in  HIM  ---ought himself also so to walk  --  even as  HE  walked---

JOHN 14:6  JESUS  saith unto him  --I  am the way  --  the truth  --  and the life-- no man cometh unto  THE  FATHER  but by  ME---

1 JOHN 2:27  but the anointing which you have received of  HIM  abideth in you and you need not that any man teach you  --- but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things --and is truth--and is no lie-- and even as it hath taught you -- you shall abide in  HIM--

1 JOHN 5:6  this is  HE  that came by water and blood  ---EVEN  JESUS  CHRIST--- not by water only but by water and blood  and it is ---the spirit that beareth witness   ---   because the spirit is truth---

2 JOHN 1:4  I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children ---walking in truth as we have received a commandment from  THE  FATHER---

1 JOHN 2:29  if you know that  HE  is righteous---you know that everyone that doeth righteousness --is born of  HIM---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,256
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

My opinions have also changed since I have been here due to reading the Scriptures posted to verify others opinions.  It had made me take a stand in the middle of an argument rather than at the poles.  In other words, I don't agree with much of anyone but I do agree with the Bible.  lol The only problems that arise are when people don't accept the Bible as the only authority.  So I have been trying to avoid those individuals and just pray for them.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1