IGNORED

Why Hell?

Guest Jesus-lives

Guest Jesus-lives

I have been thinking recently about this topic and have not been able to come up with a reason why God should send anyone to ETERNAL suffering in Hell. :rolleyes:

This problem has been troubling me because I was recently asked this question and could not find an answer. I would greatly appreciate some help with this issue.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

God doesn't SEND anyone to Hell. Hell was created for Satan and his angels who followed him in rebellion-it was never created for man to be a part of. Man in his rebellion has chosen Hell to be blunt. It's actually an act of love that God would allow man to go to Hell-if He forced Heaven upon them (something they've shown they don't want) would He be loving? He loves man enough to let him do his own thing even if that means a man choosing Hell.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

People go to hell because they are sinners.

"The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Rom 6:23

See you are operating under some common assumptions:

1.God is love.

2.People are just 'bad'.

3.God makes it so everyone can go to heaven because no one really deserves to go to hell.

God is love, there is no argument of that fact. But God is also holy and just. He cannot allow sin into His presence.Everyone of us is born with a sinful nature. From the time we are born we rebel against God, we run from Him.

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Rom 3

The Bible tells us that we are all the enemies of God, and children of the devil.We aren't just 'children' of God lost in despair, we are wicked and running from Him. So what is the result of this? We follow our father the devil to hell. Remember, 'the wages of sin is death'.

To call this unjust or unfair means a person doesn't really understand God or the depravity of humans.

But.. Aren't you glad God didn't just stop it there? :rolleyes:

God is full of mercy and grace toward us,even though we don't deserve it.So He implimented a perfect plan whereby anyone who repents and believes in Christ will have eternal life.Now understand this is not deserved.No one deserves anything but hell.Salvation is totally and completely of grace.

God would have been right and just and fair to have allowed us all to go to hell.It is important to understand this.

So next time you are wondering about this, just remember that being sent to hell would be just and not going there is grace.

I hope this helps.

:noidea:

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Where does the Scripture say that humans will suffer eternally in hell?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Our God does not send people to Hell.

They send themselves to Hell.

God is good. However, He is also just to all people/creatures, including Satan. When Satan says, "that person died without being saved, by Your law you must give them to me", God has to be just to Satan just like God is just to us.

Remember that The Lord always kept His side of the bargain: eternal life

If we don't keep up our side, Believing in Christ and being saved, that is our fault.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." (Rev 20:15)

"And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name." (Revelation 14:11)

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever." (Revelation 20:10)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

God did not create hell as a place to send people to... it was created for the devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41). Only through willfull rejection of Christ does a person send themselves there- they choose to live apart from God in this life and the next... their choice (John 5:24). God wants all people to be saved (1 Timothy 2:4)... He sent His Son to die for us when we were sinners (Romans 5:8)... when we deserved hell... but out of His mercy and love, He calls to us- He stands at the door and knocks- if He wants us to be saved... don't you think He would make it easy to be saved? We don't have to earn it, we just have to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 10:13)... we are the ones that make it difficult out of our pride, our greed, our anger, etc. Jesus gave the greatest sacrifice, humbled Himself as man and died for us (John 15:13) ... and yet we want more. The fact is, the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23)... so either we pay that debt, or receive Christ's atoning death to pay that debt for us... either way the debt will be paid.

"The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'

"Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels ;

for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink;

I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.'

"Then they themselves also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?'

"Then He will answer them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent * that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'

"These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." -Matthew 25:40-46

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. -John 5:24

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

"He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. -John 3:16-18

First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men,

for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.

This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,

who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time. -1 Timothy 2:1-6

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. -Romans 5:8

"WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED." -Romans 10:13

"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. -John 15:13

Edited by seraph

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." (Rev 20:15)

"And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name." (Revelation 14:11)

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever." (Revelation 20:10)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. I would point out that 20:15 simply says they are cast into the lake of fire, nothing about 'eternity' there. 20:10 says the devil is cast into the lake of fire and shall be tormented forever and ever.

The only one you've got, it appears (I'll have to go to my Bible later and look it up to be sure), is 14:11.

Gotta' go walk the dogs; they're whining and pawing at the door!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

God never created Hell for man. God created Hell for the devil and his angels.

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

If man rejects God on this earth and insteads follows Satan then he will also follow Satan to his eternal destination... which is hell.

Why would God force someone to go to heaven and spend eternity with Him when that person demonstrated their entire life that they wanted nothing to do with God?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

So why doesn't God just cause the stupid sinners to cease to exist. It seems to me that that would show a bit more compassion to the lost. :b: