• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,786
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Dear brothers and sisters in the Lord,

The wedding was great, but honestly it was the funniest experience of my life! I will let Lanakila and Dr. Luke start with their perspectives of the wedding. LOL!!!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Congratulations for both of you!!

George, I can't believe you're back on the forum, I thought this wedding was going to last for days....!

I'm so glad you had a good day,why do you think it was funny??

Please come on we want to know MORE how the day went!!!!!

(Start with when you woke up in the morning)

:rolleyes::o:duh::o:o:o

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

It was a graceful wedding, God's grace that is, LOL. I am sorry I didn't meet you there Dr Luke. I was on the lookout for worthyboard members or worthychat members, but none of you guys came. You missed a wet experience. I arrived Friday evening and had a hotel north of the town the wedding was to be held in. Thinking I had a good deal with cheaper quality hotel with an indoor pool for my children to play, my deal wasn't as good as I thought because no one knew where I was, LOL and I had to pay a toll of 4 dollars everytime I went to the town where the wedding was.

I arrived at the lighthouse where the wedding was held early so that I could find the location. Rivka and some others were decorating, and Rivka says you are early, can you help. I said ok and volunteered my 3 older children as well and we went to the church hall and helped prepare food until re-enforcements showed up. I went to our hotel, (paying the 4 dollar toll) and got ready for this wedding, hoping the rain would stop and it would warm up. Guys it felt like it was around 45 outside, and someone joked is it snowing.

I arrived on time for the wedding to find that stuff still needed to be brought over for the reception following the wedding. So I ran back to my car (in high heels mind you) drove the 12-15 blocks to get some of the rest of the food. Running because the wedding was supposed to start at 7 and its already 6:45. ( I remember the time from the invitation as 7 anyway and I mess up on times, and dates so forgive me if I am wrong on that George)

I zoomed back to the location for the wedding and finally saw George and Rivka but they were getting in cars and going somewhere. (mind you I hadn't even met George yet, LOL) We delivered the food where it needed to go and went to find seats. They had to put the chairs under the tent, where the food was supposed to go, so the food and tables were stuck on the dancefloor.

They had generators for power, and for some reason the electricity keeps cutting out, which means sound system, lights ect. We are all waiting, and waiting, and I decided that this was going to be a beyond fashionably late wedding. George and Rivka had a surprise entrance on a sailboat. We were all standing and watching as they come in. It is misting and raining off and on this whole time. A very soggy and late George and Rivka arrived on the scene, but since we cannot hear anything going on, and we just see people quite a ways from us we don't really know what is going on exactly.

Then the ladies dressed in traditional garb did a dance. George is waiting under a traditional Jewish wedding byre or whatever it is they call it. (this was my first Jewish wedding and I didn't quite know everything that was going on) Then we waited for Rivka to come forward with her song, the problem was it took 4 or 5 songs to find the right one, LOL. Rivka is starting to laugh a little at this point. I moved up so I could see a little better, (under an umbrella mind you). The wedding begins and my feet hurt so I meandered my way back to my seat. The power keeps cutting off and on, (lights, microphones ect) and the Rabbi (Jonathan I believe his name was) shouts when we can't hear. It is raining harder now, and they are all getting soaked. During the ceremony Rabbi Jonathan give the gospel quite clearly and even an invitation (which was a great praise).

The sound had cut out again and it was raining so hard, so they all moved up right in front of the tent to say their vows. (I can tell Rivka's hair is soaking wet at this point) The vows were beautiful as were the happy couple. Rabbi Jonathan's prayer for them was so appropriate because he basically said that marriages aren't all perfect like we expect either, and their ceremony although not perfect was memorable. Love will help them through the rough times, and it was a right on the money prayer. They are pronounced husband and wife and George disappears to fix the electricity. I saw him coming back and walked quickly to introduce myself and my daughter Elizabeth to him. He was stressed out some, but thankful the gospel was given out clearly. He is a great guy everyone, and I am glad I got to meet him even if it was for a very brief time. We the guests had to move our chairs so the food tables could be moved in. Everyone was crowding under the tent with the food, because it was raining. I stuck around long enough to see them cut the cake and feed each other, but I was cold, sorry I wore heels and ready to go back at 10:15 pm.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

What is that saying, "into every life a little rain must fall?"

George, how forturnate you and Rivka are that you have started off with such wonderful memories! Already you have a story for your grandchildren!! Your life will be blessed indeed!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

What more can I add...?

:loveeyes: Congratulations George & Rivka! :loveeyes:

May your Marriage be blessed a thousands times over!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Of course I must ad my two cents as George's Cyber Mom, I guess that makes Rivka, my Cyber Daughter-in-law. (smiles)

It was a very beautiful wedding. I was sad through the wedding that the weather could not have been sunny beautiful but discovered after speaking with George after the wedding (George knows me! (smiles)) that God was working big time and for that I must Praise the Lord!. Picture it people. A BEAUTIFUL spot at the point where the Susquehanna River meets the Chesapeake Bay, by the shore at a Lighthouse. Think about that for a minute and what all a lighthouse means in relation to God watching over us and how we must be lighthouses of prayer, etc. and the wedding by the water as Jesus performed many sermons by the water on its banks. George and Rivka come to shore by a sail boat in the mist of the rain and the fog. Look back as if it would have been in the Bible times and visualize the beauty of it. It was wonderful. They both had smiles on from ear to ear they are so much in love and so full of the Love of the Lord that they took the moment and enjoyed all that the Lord had blessed them with. Family and friends to share the moment and laugh "with" them. Everyone was VERY HAPPY to be there because of all the love they shared for this couple.

The wedding party (girls) had candle globes in each hand and as they danced to the altar they would place them along the path for Rivka. When Rivka finally (smiles) danced down the aisle, while the song was playing she also danced around George several times, so much in love they are. ( :-)

When the Rabbi brought them to the tent with the guests for the vowels to be heard and the exchange of rings they all had to speak loud for all to hear. But they did a beautiful job. After George said his vows everyone clapped and cheered, then Rivka said her vows and the same clapping and cheering. Then they exchanged rings and were pronounced man and wife! AMEN!!! More clapping and cheering and then the end of the wedding was announced by the breaking of the glass and shouting Maziltolf! (excuse the spelling) and then blowing of the shofar. (A horn used in biblical times for ceremonies) It was a beautiful end to a beautiful wedding. It will be a wedding that will be remember by all for a very long time. Not because of what went wrong but because of what all did go right and for the joy in George and Rivka's heart for each other, Thanks to our Heavenly Father.

I am blessed that I had the opportunity to attend and will remember the wedding occasion in my heart for a very long time to come. I just wish we would have stayed longer than we did but by best friend, my husband was getting VERY cold since he did not have a coat and I did not want him getting sick so we left.

I pray for you George and Rivka that this will be the very beginning of many many beautiful experiences for you and that God will bless you in all that you do for Him and His Kingdom. I pray that He will lead you, guide and direct you and protect you through the path He has for you to follow. I pray His Peace and Blessings will be with you forever and forever.

With all my Love and His Blessings,

Diane

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Hi all, :rolleyes:

I have got to say first that G-d let everyone there know who was in charge.

I was very honored and blessed to attend, Thank you George and Rivka.

I live in MD. I live about an hour and forty minutes away from the wedding site. I prayed for no rain all day for George. It has been raining on and off here for about 2 weeks.

Saturday where I live it was partly cloudy most of the day. My wife came home from work late. We were running behind and I was afraid we wouldn't make it on time. We had to drop our kids off at my parents and then hightail it 1/2 way around the Capitol Beltway up route 95N and part way up 695 Baltimore Beltway. Traffic was heavy because of Memorial weekdend.

As we drew closer the rain clouds thickened and light drizzle formed.

We arrived right at 7:15. I had thought of everything Camera, Umbrella, extra film. After having been on chat the previous night I was sworn to take lots of pictures and show all.

The wedding was to start at 7:30PM. :duh:

We walked 1/2 a block down and saw a lovely historic Lighthouse at the point. It was now starting to rain lightly. I picked up the wedding program from some seats we found in the back, under a tent. It grew darker and I had promised my wife. If I knew George this wedding would be an adventure? Boy was I right. I meant in the sense of scripture and the true Hebraic wedding. It was literal though! I picked up the umbrella I had brought and it was broken. I intended to snap some pictures of the Food(I'm a Chef) and the lovely Chupa(I hope that is right). A tent like structure set up and decorated quite lovely right near the water at the end of the point. Also the adorned dancers who were quite lovely as well and adorned. Well my camera takes 2 pictures and the battery dies! (Sorry ladies on WorthyChat.) I sit down and lament loudly my Camera is dead. Some Gentelmen next to me ask how I am connected here. I tell of how I know George from on Line at WorthyBoards.

Thats when I met DJ Goose and her husband in front of me. HI DJ Goose nice to have met you. Lana, I really looked for you not knowing what you looked like and George was so busy I didn't have time to ask who you were. I was the wet gentelman in the full Brown conservative looking suit(6 foot ,sandy blonde wet hair) with the pretty Asian looking lady on my arm(Wife).

On with Georges Big Day. It is now about 8:00 PM and George and Rivka are to make a surprise entrance. I look up through the now driving rain and see a red light coming thru the harbour. It was hard to see we were in the back and the rain and fog and drizzle made it hard to see. Sure enough here comes a boat. They arrived by boat and made a landing.

I must also say that this is all happening while the music and lights flash on and off due to generator problems. :o

As Lana has already said. Rivka was to dance to her husband. I am now outside the tent and have moved around with my wife to where the DJ is set up to get a better look. It is quite funny because they can't find the right song for her to do her dance. I think something like 5 try's go by and they find the song. She dances to her husband and around him adoring him. He is adoring her as well. This was an obvious show of Love and was quite touching. The Rabbi/Minister begins and is part way thru when the mic goes out. It comes back on then out. Then the power generator or the fuse or something fails. All the people are just giggling and good natured though. No music or mic or lights. I am standing part way in and part way out the DJ's small tent. Well the water must have pooled up on top the tent. It runs all off right wher I am standing down my head and my shirt and all over my suit. I am now just soaked. The dancers are soaked , George and Rivka are soaked. The Rabbi/Minister and the wedding party move close to the tent to finish the ceremony. I don't hear so well on my left side. I couldn't quite hear all the prayers. There was an invitation made and then the smashing of the glass. Which I heard the Rabbi/Minister say was symbolic of the temple being smashed.

I have only ever talked to George thru PM or telephone. He did not know what I looked like. I waited around after having helped the DJ move her speakers around under her tent. I also helped move the food tables from the dance area under the big tent . The chairs were all moved and folded up.

The food was good. Fruit trays and veggie platters. Pita, Matzah, Hummus, olives. Chicken kebabs, spanokopita. Beautiful Chocolate covered Strawberrys with a Ganoch for dipping or eating just plain.

I saw George over by the path near the lighthouse and gave him a big hug with much Agape Love.Introducing myself. This is my Brother in Christ whom I Love.(He has been instrumental in my walk) I did not get much time to converse with him. I was glad to be there. I must say knowing the little I know of George. It was good this happened to him. He is a good man. He was good natured and laughing and enjoying everyones company thru all this. So was Rivka.

The people I met there all had some connection to George. Some story to tell. This impressed my wife George, and you know why. When we left she stated "Here is a man who has touched many people."

George did connect me with some people who live where I live. Good people. They also had a story to tell of Georges Salvation this can wait some other time though.

George thank you for inviting me! I get the feeling from some I talked to there that this kind of adventure is not new to George.

GBU Brother and friend in Christ and GB your union!

Peace :il: Amen

• Steward

• Group:  Steward

Now that you all had a short taste of the wedding, let me tell you all the inside crazy funny hysterical things going on behind the scenes. I am planning on making a video with commentary so that people can join in the hysteria of laughter.

First of all, I didn't realize my mic was hooked up already when I was on the boat. I found this out last night so the person doing the video was actually listening the entire time we were on the boat. I thought this was hysterical. There were so many funny things going on. First of all we were ON TIME! But my mother-in-law was over 35 minutes LATE to her daughter's wedding! And the technical problems with the electricity. I am calling my best man -- "Hey Jimmy, we are coming in." He tells me, "No man -- you gotta stall." I said, "What?" He tells me the problems so we are stalling in the middle of the bay, shivering and it's raining in the bay! I am now soaking wet! My lady goes into the hull of the boat. She says, "My butt won't go through that hole!" --- This caught on tape! LOL! Then I explained it slide open so she could sneak into it. She was kept nice and warm on this romatic ride -- of course sitting next to fishing poles, shivering and telling me, "I can't believe this so far!" Now she tells me after we have been stalling, "You call them and you tell them -- We're coming in! This is pathetic!" So I call Jimmy, "We're coming in whether you like it or not!" He said, "Everything's a go!" LOL! 45 minutes late so far! LOL!

Just the beginning of a hysterical funny wedding,

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

George, when you get the video made I want a copy, I will pay! :-) I was going to ask you anyway if I could buy a copy of the video the photographer was making. I did not get a picture of you and Rivka together and I really want one.

I look forward to more updates on your behind the scenes history of the wedding.

I love you guys and continually pray for you.

In His Love and with His Blessings,

Diane (Cyber Mom)

• Steward

• Group:  Steward

Part 2 --

Now on Friday night, I called my Rabbi and we talked for quite some time about the wedding. He asked me this question, and I then realized how odd it was. "What is the music you are coming in on?" To which I replied, Rivka has picked out this beautiful orchestra piece from the movie Titanic. Now my Rabbi says to me, "George don't you find it odd that you are coming in off a BOAT to the music from the movie Titanic." To which we just started laughing, laughing so hard. This is the background to understand part 2.

Now coming in from the boat, I am sounding the shofar. (I love sounding my shofar. :il: ) We are arriving and the waves are picking up and the dock is totally weighed down on one side. We exit the boat and realize, what is this music? This isn't the music we are supposed to be coming in on. We are walking up the pier...

Take care and God bless,

George