Shilohsfoal

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  1

Why do people say the great tribulation will be worldwide when Jesus said it would be in Judea? 

If I lived in Mississippi when the abomination of desolation is placed in Judea, and that is when Jesus said there would be great tribulation, should I flee for the mountains and what would be the purpose? What is there to run from here? 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://biblehub.com/kjv/luke/21-21.htm

PS, Jesus says don't go to Judea at that time and I believe him. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

15 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Why do people say the great tribulation will be worldwide when Jesus said it would be in Judea? 

The great tribulation:

• For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will again.  Matthew 24:21
  • And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time.  Daniel 12:1

The greatest time of tribulation heretofore has to be the flood of Genesis 7.  It affected every single person on earth.  In order for the coming great tribulation to exceed that it must also affect every single person on earth.  What's going to make the great tribulation worse than the flood is that it will last for 3.5 years.  Everyone on the earth will be affected.  Those who trust God will be affected differently than those who don't just like during the flood.

The man of sin will wage war on both natural Israel and spiritual Israel.  Jesus' instructions for those in Judea to flee were for natural Israel.

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

The great tribulation:

• For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will again.  Matthew 24:21
  • And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time.  Daniel 12:1

The greatest time of tribulation heretofore has to be the flood of Genesis 7.  It affected every single person on earth.  In order for the coming great tribulation to exceed that it must also affect every single person on earth.  What's going to make the great tribulation worse than the flood is that it will last for 3.5 years.  Everyone on the earth will be affected.  Those who trust God will be affected differently than those who don't just like during the flood.

The man of sin will wage war on both natural Israel and spiritual Israel.  Jesus' instructions for those in Judea to flee were for natural Israel.

According to Jesus, the great tribulation starts in Judea when the abomination of desolation is placed in Judea. I know our armed forces are not going to place the abomination of desolation in the north where I live. And the king if the south has not obtained the abomination of desolation so he can use it against us. So what need  would there be to run and hide? 

I know Daniel says when the great tribulation begins his people are delivered, everyone found written, and those who sleep in the dust shall awaken at that time so I know it won't be Christians running for the mountains in Israel. 

I see no reason to run to the mountains and hide in the caves when scripture doesn't show there will be wrath upon the other countries of the world outside the kingdom of the beast. 

So what would I run and hide for? 

It is the beast that is destroyed, not the world. 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

47 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

According to Jesus, the great tribulation starts in Judea when the abomination of desolation is placed in Judea. I know our armed forces are not going to place the abomination of desolation in the north where I live. And the king if the south has not obtained the abomination of desolation so he can use it against us. So what need  would there be to run and hide? 

I know Daniel says when the great tribulation begins his people are delivered, everyone found written, and those who sleep in the dust shall awaken at that time so I know it won't be Christians running for the mountains in Israel. 

I see no reason to run to the mountains and hide in the caves when scripture doesn't show there will be wrath upon the other countries of the world outside the kingdom of the beast. 

So what would I run and hide for? 

It is the beast that is destroyed, not the world. 

I agree that the time of great tribulation begins with the abomination of desolation.  I realize that everyone views the unfolding of events differently.  However it comes to pass, the man of sin is given authority over every tribe, people, nation, and tongue.  Do not worship him.  Do not engage his mark or the image, otherwise you'll incur God's judgment.  Whether you stay put or head out to some mountain is your choice.  The flood was global and affected every single person on the face of the planet.  The time of great tribulation, a time worse than the flood, will too.

• It was also given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them, and authority was given to him over every tribe, people, language, and nation.  Revelation 13:7

8 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I agree that the time of great tribulation begins with the abomination of desolation.  I realize that everyone views the unfolding of events differently.  However it comes to pass, the man of sin is given authority over every tribe, people, nation, and tongue.  Do not worship him.  Do not engage his mark or the image, otherwise you'll incur God's judgment.  Whether you stay put or head out to some mountain is your choice.  The flood was global and affected every single person on the face of the planet.  The time of great tribulation, a time worse than the flood, will too.

• It was also given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them, and authority was given to him over every tribe, people, language, and nation.  Revelation 13:7

You know Rev 13:7 is a good description of the city of Babylon. It's full of migrants from all over the world. I'm not one of those migrants. 

https://biblehub.com/revelation/17-15.htm

But I don't live in Babylon, and I won't be committing her sins so I won't be receiving her plagues. 

Still I see no reason to expect great tribulation in my neck of the woods. 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

40 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

You know Rev 13:7 is a good description of the city of Babylon. It's full of migrants from all over the world. I'm not one of those migrants. 

https://biblehub.com/revelation/17-15.htm

But I don't live in Babylon, and I won't be committing her sins so I won't be receiving her plagues. 

Still I see no reason to expect great tribulation in my neck of the woods. 

• But be on your guard, so that your hearts will not be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that this day will not come on you suddenly, like a trap; for it will come upon all those who live on the face of all the earth.  Luke 21:34-35

I'll just leave it there.  As Jesus said:

• Therefore, stay alert—for you do not know when the master of the house is coming, whether in the evening, at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or in the morning— so that he does not come suddenly and find you asleep.  What I say to you I say to all: ‘Stay alert!’  Mark 13:35-36

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

20 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I've read through many discussions of this subject since I came here in 2004.  It would make things go smoother if the definition of what the great tribulation is.......    is it the wrath of Satan when he is thrown down here, or the wrath of God in the seals and trumpets?

The conversation will go smoother if everyone comes to a consensus on that.

23 minutes ago, other one said:

I've read through many discussions of this subject since I came here in 2004.  It would make things go smoother if the definition of what the great tribulation is.......    is it the wrath of Satan when he is thrown down here, or the wrath of God in the seals and trumpets?

It's a war between the king of the north and the king of the south. It's found in Daniel 11 near the end of the chapter and Continues in to chapter 12.

According to Daniel, the king of the north gives Israel a military that occupies Israel for about 3 1/2 years. About at the time of the end the king of the south attacks the king of the north. And the king of the north responds sending his armed forces to destroy and kill many people. It is written his armed forces place an abomination that causes desolation in Jerusalem. Jesus says in the gospel that there will be great tribulation at that time. This device used to make desolate by the armed forces of the North sounds like it probably a nuke and it appears the king of the north will wipe out about all of the middle east and north Africa. 

But according to Daniel 12:1-2 Daniel's people who's names are written will be delivered at that time and the resurection takes place at that time so they do not suffer from the great tribulation. I can't say the same for those who's names are not written. 

It does appear that about all the destruction takes place in the middle east and north Africa though. 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

29 minutes ago, other one said:

PS

I don't know if you've ever heard of the Samson option but it appears that is what is taking place at the time of the end. It just appears that the King of the north is performing the samsom option in the middle east insted of Israel itself, for some reason.