IGNORED

About the presence or unction of the Holy Spirit?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

My question is simple...if you are praying at night before you go to sleep that God would at least give you a good's night rest and maybe even answer a question or two in dreams about something you had been praying very hard about...but it turns out that you get very little sleep and even your chest starts hurting kind of like heartburn, and the one dream you do have is totally irrelevant to your current situation?? So i think i know the reason why in my case but just wanted a second opinion/confirmation that either i am not in God's will or have done something that has really offended Him, or both??

Edited by CaptWalker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I'm pretty sure God does not work that way.  I've done this many times in the past and I've never had an answer in a dream.  In fact, those are the nights I usually have dreams of the demonic nature, being chased, etc.  God usually answers me through His word or what someone may come out and say without me asking.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

I'm pretty sure God does not work that way.  I've done this many times in the past and I've never had an answer in a dream.  In fact, those are the nights I usually have dreams of the demonic nature, being chased, etc.  God usually answers me through His word or what someone may come out and say without me asking.

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

this is the last days i believe. 

16 minutes ago, grahampaul said:

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

this is the last days i believe. 

I agree, but there is a difference between us asking for a dream for the answer of prayer and a message from God that should be shared.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

24 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I agree, but there is a difference between us asking for a dream for the answer of prayer and a message from God that should be shared.

Yepe with you to. was thnking that God does answer in so many ways. 

1 minute ago, grahampaul said:

Yepe with you to. was thnking that God does answer in so many ways. 

Oh, He does, but for me, not in a dream so far ...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

10 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

My question is simple...if you are praying at night before you go to sleep that God would at leats give you a good's night rest and maybe even answer a question or two in dreams about something you had been praying veyr hard about...but it turns out that you get very little sleep and even your chest starts hurting kind of like heartburn, and the one dream you do have is totally irrelevant to your current situation?? So i think i know the reason why is my case but just wanted a second opinion/confirmation that either i am not in God's will or have done something that has really offended Him, or both??

As others have said God doesn't normally speak to us through dreams, get advice from Christians you trust/respect about your issue.

You  arn't sleeping because you are worrying about not sleeping and about what ever your question is.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

I'm sorry if this doesn't sound very "spiritual", but perhaps you should see a doctor or pharmacist about your heartburn. Then you might sleep better.

If you've done something to offend God it will be something really obvious, and you shouldn't need a special revelation to know what it is - your own conscience will tell you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,883
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

God does not speak to us in dreams etc. nearly as much because we now have access to His Word. Study Scripture thoroughly and prayerfully to discern the will of God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 5/3/2022 at 6:29 PM, CaptWalker said:

My question is simple...if you are praying at night before you go to sleep that God would at leats give you a good's night rest and maybe even answer a question or two in dreams about something you had been praying veyr hard about...but it turns out that you get very little sleep and even your chest starts hurting kind of like heartburn, and the one dream you do have is totally irrelevant to your current situation?? So i think i know the reason why is my case but just wanted a second opinion/confirmation that either i am not in God's will or have done something that has really offended Him, or both??

Sometimes we have trials, claim the promise of Proverbs "the sleep of the righteous is SWEET" but for more serious problems, visit a Spirit-filled church to ask for deliverance ministry.