IGNORED

What if the true nature of God will surprise us?

Amigo42

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,874
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

3 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

I'm just being "angels advocate" here (possibly literally), but where does the Bible say it was written and authored by God himself?  Don't get wrong, I love the Bible and have grown up with it, but I don't believe everything written is literal or was even meant to be literal.  Case in point.  The story of Jonah.  How do we know this story is literal at least in terms of all aspects?  Maybe the writers simply meant for the story to be a symbolic testament to God's love and mercy.  How do we know it was meant to be understood as completely literal.  The Ninevites apparently worshipped a fish god as one of their primary deities, so maybe the story about being swallowed up by a fish was a symbolic representation.

That happened not long ago, people have been swallowed by a Whale. I read a fishermen was in a whale had his watch as light no kidding. I'll see if I can find the read, one was just last year a lobster diver got swallowed by a humpback but I read another man was in there with a watch.

Edited by BeyondET

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

So, here's the point that I'm making, and this kind of highlights that.  Sometimes tradition and religion can get in the way of common sense.  God gave all humans common sense, and to me my common sense tells me that a God of love is fair and just and wouldn't punish people for something they never even had the chance to learn simply because of where they happened to be born.  "You were born in North Korea or another communist country?  Well, too bad and too sad for you.  The gates of pearls are closed for you. keep walking down that fiery tunnel."  Sorry for the satire, but this just doesn't sound like the God that Jesus described.  

There are some good responses to your OP to consider. I could list many related Bible verses for the various questions and comments, but we all have our own interpretations. One verse that came to mind from your comment above, made me think of America, how greatly we have been blessed and with over abundance. Then thinking of the poor of the world who have nothing, and have never had access to the Gospel message. 

Luke 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

As I believe @Jayne stated, many Muslims are having visions and dreams and coming to Christ, is a fact supported by numerous Christian organizations. I have heard it said, it is what a person does with what amount of known truth they receive and have seeking or not seeking God and the truth. Even in the deepest jungles every human has an inner witness that there is a higher power, a creator, whether they will admit it or not. For those who have never heard the Gospel of Christ, the standard is:

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

With that knowledge alone of a Creator God, if they seek Him, they will find Him. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

21 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

What do you all think?

“God judges everyone the same. It doesn’t matter who they are. People who have the law and those who have never heard of the law are all the same when they sin. People who don’t have the law and are sinners will be lost. And, in the same way, those who have the law and are sinners will be judged by the law.

Hearing the law does not make people right with God. They will be right before him only if they always do what the law says. Those who are not Jews don’t have the law. But when they naturally do what the law commands without even knowing the law, then they are their own law. This is true even though they don’t have the written law. They show that in their hearts they know what is right and wrong, the same as the law commands, and their consciences agree.

Sometimes their thoughts tell them that they have done wrong, and this makes them guilty. And sometimes their thoughts tell them that they have done right, and this makes them not guilty. All this will happen on the day when God will judge people’s secret thoughts through Jesus Christ. This is part of the Good News that I tell everyone.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2:11-16‬ ‭

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.”

(Romans 1:16 NAS95)

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

20 hours ago, Jayne said:

The Bible is either telling the truth about that ........ or it's lying.

There is only two choices.  

Thank you for your response.  What if there is a middle possibility?  What is some messages are a complex review of cultural influences and perception not necessarily a lie or truth?  Jesus told parables on several occasions, and sometimes those parables did not have a literal meaning but we're rather symbolic lessons.

20 hours ago, Selah7 said:

Hey Amigo.  I believe you should abandon the "what ifs," as there are none in God's Word. Stop theorizing and speculating and trying to confuse individuals who are still infants and aren't well-versed in the Bible. Our Father does not create confusion.   … selah 

I concur.

• Praise God! 1

20 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Byrne states that all religions have access to God, and no person should think theirs better than the others

Not scriptural at all. 

I think she means in the sense that regardless of religion all souls are a part of God whether the human side knows it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,825
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

Thank you for your response.  What if there is a middle possibility?  What is some messages are a complex review of cultural influences and perception not necessarily a lie or truth?  Jesus told parables on several occasions, and sometimes those parables did not have a literal meaning but we're rather symbolic lessons.

Yes, Jesus told parables.  He explained it was symbolic when he said- "a certain man" or "a certain woman".  They were made up by him to teach truths.  Truths.  While alive, he explained them only to his disciples.

Even the parables are truth.  They are not lies.

There is no "middle ground".  Symbolic though they may be, they teach truths.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

I've come across others who accepted the universalist view that says God will one day God save all men. There are Universalist churches which are known to accept many other non biblical ideas.

Probably the single most popular religious view in culture today is the idea there are many ways to God. This is what I read in the first post of this thread.

On an emotional level this feels good. If we can pull everyone on board we can have a one world religion i.e. John Lennon's song " Imagine". What could be the harm in it? 

Plenty if it's a lie.

Why can't we all just get along?, Agree to disagree, live and let live?

Jesus said Himself He didn't come to send peace but a sword. Who really wants to fight? Let's lay our swords down. In exchange for what? In truth there is only one true God. The rest are counterfeits.

As Christians we only have two choices, technically only one if a person is truly a Christian. Any choice that compromises what Jesus said in any way, any choice that would water down the gospel is the wrong choice.

What fellowship does light have with darkness? But one may say, it isn't darkness it's another form of light. This is half true because the Satan is a being of light. He and his angelic followers can appear as beings of light and often have appeared to people with false messages. So yes there is light in these false religions, it is a fallen evil light with  corrupt destructive motives.

This "universal" religions idea has an external appeal because it is possible to have experiences as these fallen beings of light work their deceptions daily. Yeah, let's get that 3rd eye thing happening. I suspect people can even feel all tingly and wonderful. These devils know what to do.

In the end times the false prophet will work "signs and lying wonders". Why go to all the trouble? To deceive the world into thinking we are all one big happy fuzzy family, even some believers will be deceived by this if it's possible. Even now we have crying and bleeding statues.

Laying down our swords to these ideas is surrendering to the enemy.

I don't like to fight. I hate war. I'm sure most will share these sentiments, yet war is a reality and it's either put on the armor of God or allow the enemy to defeat you. 

Edited by Starise
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Amigo42 said:

I think she means in the sense that regardless of religion all souls are a part of God whether the human side knows it.

The bible does not state that. Why believe what one woman says over what the word of God says?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1