Catsmeow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

I live in a very small town. There are two banks, I work in the oldest "main" one. Everybody knows everybody.

'Suzanne' was a regular customer, but I knew her before I went to work at the bank. I knew her because she was one of those rare people that glowed. I literally never saw her without a big smile. I didn't "know" her, she didn't even know my name,  but we knew each other in a small town way. She would always stop my daughter and compliment her. Always smiling that huge smile. You couldn't help but have your whole day brightened after you got one of those smiles from Suzanne. She came through the bank drive up often and we always made small talk and without fail, my comment after she left was - "She has GOT to be the nicest person I know".

When I got to work, I found out that Suzanne shot herself Friday morning. She had been at the bank Friday, but she came inside for a change, so I didn't see her since I was busy at the drive up. I can't tell you what a shock it was to hear that when I got to work. There was speculation that there were marital problems, but there are always speculations in this town, I ignored them. I just knew that Suzanne was so happy. I even wonder if maybe it wasn't suicide.

Anyway, if only I had known on Friday morning. I would give everything I owned in the world to turn back time to Friday, grab Suzanne when she came in the bank and tell her that Jesus loves her so much and that she is a wonderful person. I don't know if she ever heard that in her life. Why, when I was sitting right there, didn't God "tell" me what Suzanne was going to do? It's not like we don't hear about that kind of thing - God speaking things like that to people. Why? ? ? ?

Thank you for letting me unload. I am so sad. And I just don't get it.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

I am so sorry WIP. That is a very hard thing  to go through. I know, I've been there.  Again, I am so sorry.  :halo:  

I will pray for you and for her family. Just know that our Father is in control.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

It doesn't add up, does it Sis? Makes you wonder, since she was having marital troubles, if she really did take her life or if someone took it from her.

I'm not saying someone did take her life but sometimes, in a domestic dispute, the perpetrator attempts to make the offense appear as a suicide.

It's possible. Either way, it's a tragedy.

She sounded like a very happy person who may already have known the Lord; there's that chance, WIP.

Maybe things were going on behind the scenes and not all the pieces fit right now. It's always possible she's with the Lord even now.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I'm sorry WIP, this must be so difficult to understand.

My prayers are with you, Angels

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I too know the feeling. May the Lord be with you wip..eric.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hey W.I.P

I hope you take note of cats post. You can never really know the truth about what happened, or if she knew Jesus or not? Well not until you enter eternity.

My prayers are with you W.I.P let the Spirit guide you Sister.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Thank you all very much for your kind words.